“Best Hotel I stayed at in Europe so far.”
Review of O'Shea's Hotel

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #84 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The room I was in had 2 beds and a tv plus a hot water pot and cups and was supplied with coffee packets and tea plus creamer and sugar. There was plenty of room to get around in the room not like at motel 6. The bathroom was amazing very large and it even had a tub plus a shower. Where in Europe do you find a bathtub. The room charge also comes with breakfast. But it is not just a continental breakfast you can have that or you can choose to have a traditional Irish breakfast. The traditional Irish breakfast is filled with many different meats and a potato wedge and egg and toast on a large platter. More food than is imaginable. It kept me full till 4pm. The staff will keep your luggage till it is time to check in and after you check out till it is time for you to leave to go elsewhere or home. They are also very knowledgeable about the area and transportation. They have a lift in the hotel and a restaurant as well as a small pub. The food in the pub was very good too and very reasonably priced. It also has a great location close to town and train, bus and taxi access. The price of the room is also very reasonable. I cant wait to go back to Ireland and stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for O'Shea's Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one night after a week long tour before flying out the next day. The staff at reception was extremely helpful and gave me great advice about transport and a night out in Dublin. Good value for money hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at O'Shea's in July 2014 and were extremely impressed with the service we received. Not only was the hotel extremely reasonably priced, but the rooms were clean and spacious, and the ensuite was lovely. We were extremely impressed with the location and the pub downstairs, we will definitely return on our next visit to Dublin.

My only issue was that I had a really uncomfortable pillow - which is not really the Hotel's fault, just my personal preference!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We only went to O'Shea's for food and drinks. The staff were great and the food was good. We felt quite comfortable and returned for the three days we were in Dublin. The prices were quite reasonable too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanda G
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place has been here for years, and the only difference I noticed was, that it's full of tourists now, where as it used to be a favorite haunt of country Irish people. It was always a great music, and dancing venue, and if I remember correctly, a good pick up place. The music used to blast out, with, wall to wall, sweaty customers, dancing, and eyeing up the talent, kinda like a cattle market! And this was just the bar!!! As a result, I would avoid it like the plague, but decided to pop in recently, to suss it out.

On my visit, I was probably the only Irish customer, not that I minded. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and I was made welcome. Store St Garda station is nearby, and a few guards came in for their grub, which is a good sign. Them boys know where to get good value!! Come to think of it, maybe that's why the country girls were so keen on this place!!!

Over the course of a week, I called in a few times, not because I liked it that much, just 'cause it suited. And each time, there was a good feel about the place. Probably because the tourists are in good form, and willing to let their hair down a bit. I enjoyed my visits, but have no plans to return anytime soon. Tourists seem to love it, but they won't meet Irish people!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank letterkennycaint
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights before heading west to Killarney. It is an affordable place to stay if you want to be near the heart of Dublin. The rooms are small, the pillows are hard and it's very noisy outside. Every night around 3 or 4 am the people partying downstairs in the bar poured out into the streets and woke everybody up. The restaurnant downstairs is not very good but the service made up for everything. Every person who worked there literally went out of their way to help us. We were there with a big group of people and every single person agreed that they would stay there again if only because of the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the top as possible because the noise downstairs will keep you awake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I didn't know when I booked, but there's a pub on the ground floor of the hotel - which I loved! I was there just one night (a Monday) and they had two guys playing an acoustic set of some Irish and other just pop tunes. They engaged the crowd in some light banter between songs - it's maybe cliche, but that's exactly what I wanted from Dublin. I could still hear them when I went to my room, but it really wasn't intrusive and I think they stopped at 11:30. I could also hear the street noise, but again: not too intrusive. It's in a great location - a 5 minute walk from the train and bus stations, and at most maybe 15 minutes to everything else in the city centre.

Someone else wrote that the rooms are basic, a bit dated, but clean, and that's how I saw them as well. I'd definitely recommend as this place is comparatively great money for value!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo