“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just had one night in the hotel Saturday 13th October and this is my fourth time to stay at the Croke Park and once again I can't fault the place. Easy to get to (coming from the North or the airport if you fly into Dublin), convenient underground carpark with lift to reception. Fast check in with helpful staff who have good local knowledge. Rooms spacious and clean, we had a triple room and it was massive with 3 large beds and a bathroom with seperate bath and double shower which was lovely.
The hotel is a bit out of the way but it makes up for it in standard. We walked into Dublin centre on Saturday afternoon (it was a warm sunny day) and it took about 20 mintues to O'Cconnel St. Bus back out No 11 is €1.40 and we got off at Quinns pub on the Drumcondra road about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Taxis from the hotel are circa €10 into town and we used these at night time. Breakfast was great in the morning, full selection of cooked and continental and very good indeed. Will definatley return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank happyholiday40559
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

This is a lovely hotel. Staff was warm and friendly and very helpful as well. Room was spacious, quiet and immaculate. We stayed on the executive floor and had a nice continental breakfast. There is a refrigerator stocked with water and fruit drinks for the guests as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed in the hotel earlier this year. Its a very nice hotel with good facilities and great choice and variety for breakfast. The only downside I have to mention is that I wish the hotel had been sign posted better as I found it difficult to find even though I had a fair knowledge of the area. Also I think hotel should have some information in rooms relating to public transport connections near the hotel as taxis in Dublin tend to be expensive. Also be aware of huge crowds on days when Croke Park stadium is in use!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ashy12348
Thank you for once again choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I am also delighted to inform you, that we are currently in negotations with the local City Council for permission to place additional road signage and hope to receive approval for this from them. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We look forward to your return.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I spent 13 day here very recently. The place is immaculate, very well run and staffed by terrific, upbeat and very helpful people. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with tea/coffee/toast delivered to your table by servers. My room faced the front of the hotel but was very quiet at night. The hotel's location was distant for me to walk to the tourist area of 'downtown' Dublin. But, then again, I knew this before I booked. and I am not able to walk long distances. Taxis, for me, were a reasonable option, and that's what I used. I give this fine hotel a gold star and an 'excellent' rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that faces the stream.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

We found the Croke Park Hotel from checking reviews on Trip Advisor and couldn't be more pleased. We had a very modern, quiet, well-appointed room with a king-size bed that was particularly comfortable and enjoyed both a tasty dinner and a generous breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Although the location is adjacent to a large stadium we had some difficulty in finding the hotel in our rental car but after stopping for directions from local residents were delighted to find that the hotel had good, easily accessible parking. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Although it was our last night in Ireland we left looking forward to returning.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ottawans

northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

It is so important to let people who do a fantastic job know that they do just that! At the risk of sounding repetitive, my husband and I have just returned from this brilliant hotel again! The thing is - we keep trying other places for variety and to be honest they just pale by comparison to the Croke Park and its fabulous staff and surroundings!!!! We just gravitate back each time - The room we stayed in was sparkling clean as usual - in fact, so clean that I thought it newly decorated and it wasn't - their standards are so high that this is the norm there. No - I don't have shares in the place!! We have stayed in cities all over the world, ie Paris, London, Edinburgh, Glasgow ..... This is easily the best we've ever experienced. See our earlier reviews, I'd have said it was impossible to improve on what they'd already offered but somehow they just go from strength to strength. There's a warmth and familiarity at the Croke Park and to be honest, I think its largely due to the fabulous staff who take their job very seriously and although their schedules are hectic, they still have time for pleasantries. All room standards are excellent, I'd particularly recommend you stay deluxe - you have a bed turn down service, luxury sweets by the bed, luxury lavender hotwater bottles, fluffy robes and slippers! The food is excellent and as I have a Vegan diet it was no trouble catering for me in again and again! - something which I can tell you is not the norm ... I was even offered Soya Milk at breakfast and I didn't even have to ask for it!! If you are going to Dublin and haven't already been here just go - It's everything I've said and more - You won't be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room!! - and we particularly love the balcony rooms with a view of the Croke Park...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank p0part
It’s very kind of you to take the time to once again share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Hedgesville, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Driving up to the Croke Park, I was a little leery as the exterior was dull and a little stained. Inside is quite a different story. Very modern! Exceptionally clean (as were all the hotels we visited in Ireland). Of the five hotels we visited in Ireland, the Croke had the least friendly staff but we were served well. Food was quite good, but short of excellent. Several of our fellow travelers had trouble with their security entrance cards as did we. However, the situation was remedied with good grace. There were no instructions in the room for operations of the different appliances,

The hotel is right across from Croke Park Stadium so beware of LARGE, no, HUGE, enthusiastic crowds during events. The taxi ride from downtown Dublin runs around 10 Euro. Several others were gouged by over twice that amount by unscrupulous drivers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends