“love this hotel”

Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Padstow, United Kingdom
“love this hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is our third or fourth stay here and we have no complaints about it at all. We got a really good deal through olotels and after a long drive from cornwall we couldnt choose a better hotel. Its easy to get to from the port, the car park is free which is a huge bonus, the family room we had was massive, two double beds and a single with loads of floor space for our four year old to play on,the bathroom was lovely and everywhere was very clean. The walk into the city does take a while about 20mins with a child in tow but its a nice easy walk, we had a wonderful dinner in the bar very very tasty and breakfast is always really good with a great choice not alot more to say just a very very good hotel, we will be back

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative. I am also delighted to inform you we have just re-stocked our supply of kids toys, boardgames and puzzles, so on your next stay be sure to avail of these for your child free of charge.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012

spent 3 great nights here.superb breakfast with great variety.very friendly staff.what we liked as well was the free wi-fi good selection of tv channels at no extra cost.good bar area that is not expensive like other hotel bars.location was not a problem for us but is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the centre.taxi back is only 5 to 6 euros

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
We are deeply humbled by your extremely kind TripAdvisor of our hotel. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

West Wales
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here on the 20th - 23rd October with my husband, staff very friendly, food very good, could not find fault really, only downfall is the area, not very safe to walk around in the evening so spend a little and take a taxi

Room Tip: 4th floor is the exec rooms, but no real need as others are very good
Toronto
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here as part of a packaged deal with a tour company that booked us 4 hotels across Ireland. This was the last of the hotels we were staying at before we left for the airport. We stayed at The Heritage Golf and Spa, Kilarney Park Hotel and The G Hotel. If I was to rate this hotel compared the quality of service and comfort then I would place it last.

We were really disappointed to see that the room we booked had a double sized bed. The same booking for the other 3 hotels had given us a king size bed. I had mentioned this to the front desk and they politely responded with this is the room we booked. This made our sleep a bit of a tight squeeze. Our bathroom looked like it required just a bit of work, as every shower basically leaked over the floor. And we were not provided bathrobes and slippers. The parking was ample but every time we entered the hotel we were required to get a parking ticket, which we had to get cleared every time we left at the front desk. The elevator from the parking basement only reached the first floor, then required us to move to another elevator to get to our rooms.

Now I know it sounds like I am nit picking, but when you pay for a good hotel room you have a few expectations. It is the small issues that separates the good hotel from a great hotel.

Aside the small issues, the staff was very friendly the rooms were very clean. The room service food was delicious. There is good wifi signal in the room we stayed and there were printers on the main floor where we could print out plane tickets.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Kennoway, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Having decided to stay here on business I was a little apprehensive to discover the "free on site parking" was an underground car park with a maximum height clearence of 2.0M, so my 2.7M van just wasn't going to fit. Howver, the friendy conceige gentleman allowed me to park in the coack parking area.
The discounted price of the hotel was similar to staying at a Premier In in the UK but that is wgere all similarities ended.
The bedroom was amazing, a really really large double bed, memory foam from the feel, lovely pillows, mini bar (chargeable) but best of all especially fore the bsuiness guest was (1) a good sized desk (2) a good sized and sturdy chair but soft seat and (3) electrical sockets that were fitted into the top of the desk so any appliance such as mobile chargers / laptop chargers could be inserted easily and not like in some establishments in the UK when you just can't fit the plu in because it's too near the floor or the edge of the desk.
Bar area was good, meals served here most of day.
Restaurant was good too, served from 6pm. I did choose to dine in the restaurant and despite having a bit of a setback with my main course, the setback was handled very professionally and I would definately dine here again.
Agem, that's what the Croke Park Hotel is.
Thanks to all for making one day in Dublin really enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Leeds
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We chose this hotel because of the "stay 3 nights, pay for 2" deal. This was one of the cheapest options with a decent rating for staying in Dublin.

We found the location to be excellent. Without paying the city centre prices, it was a simple walk to the top of O'Connell street and Temple Bar; we felt no need to rely on public transport at any point. It was a 20 Euro taxi from the airport, and right next to the Croke Park Stadium, which offers a landmark as well as an interesting tour (regardless of your interest or knowledge of Gaelic Sports).

The hotel itself was well designed and well maintained, although we found it was not up to 4 star standards throughout the hotel room. The plug hole kept making slurping noises at random intervals and shower knobs had bits missing. The room was a good size and for the most part, very well kept.

The major issue we had with the hotel was the unfriendly and often condescending staff. There was one member of staff who was very helpful, but the others appeared quite patronising. I cannot fault the results, but their attitude did not make us feel welcome to be there. They had informed us on check-in that the price had included breakfast, but the next morning that was not the case and yet they sat us down without explaining if we did have to pay or if they had resolved the matter. As it happened, they had expected us to pay without informing us, which we felt was quite presumptuous and arrogant.

I'd say it was a case of the hotel striving to be 5 star with a pretentious attitude, yet the prices and standards did not reflect this and not all of the customers will have money to burn. Despite the general unfriendliness, the hotel itself was ideal for a city break and was excellent value for money.

2 Thank Kate O
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay with us and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience. I would like to reassure you that we do indeed treat all guests individually and try to meet their individual requirements and expectations, unfortunately on this occasion we failed. I can thus personally assure you that the constructive feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally discuss your stay in more detail.

Warmest Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just had one night in the hotel Saturday 13th October and this is my fourth time to stay at the Croke Park and once again I can't fault the place. Easy to get to (coming from the North or the airport if you fly into Dublin), convenient underground carpark with lift to reception. Fast check in with helpful staff who have good local knowledge. Rooms spacious and clean, we had a triple room and it was massive with 3 large beds and a bathroom with seperate bath and double shower which was lovely.
The hotel is a bit out of the way but it makes up for it in standard. We walked into Dublin centre on Saturday afternoon (it was a warm sunny day) and it took about 20 mintues to O'Cconnel St. Bus back out No 11 is €1.40 and we got off at Quinns pub on the Drumcondra road about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Taxis from the hotel are circa €10 into town and we used these at night time. Breakfast was great in the morning, full selection of cooked and continental and very good indeed. Will definatley return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends