“Really excellent!!!!!”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My boyfriend and I were in the Croke Park Hotel in Dublin for one week holiday.
It is really a great place to spend your holiday in Dublin. The position is not in the centre, but it was not a problem for us to reach the main street, O'Connel Street (It takes a 20 minutes walking). All staff is very kind and helpful. There is an italian girl who served us the breakfast, she was very polite and nice with us!! The room was clean and homely!! We had a king bed... (very big!), the bathroom is big, clean with shower and bathtub. I advice this hotel!!!!!! :)

Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Booked a double room non smoking. Arrived and got two singles. Back to reception and offered double in smoking room or double on ground floor. Accepted double on ground. Double on ground is a Murphy bed. Its two star standard. My bank holiday weekend is spoiled. Oh and checking our bed and pillows I find one stained and unwashed I have stayed here many times and it's a lovely hotel. And they simply should not have rooms of this grade The duty manager did offer free drinks which we declined. I just wanted what we booked.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank joolaaaree
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your review regarding your recent visit to The Croke Park Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I am most disappointed to note that you did not enjoy our otherwise wonderful hotel but instead encountered what appears to be service and standards far below those normally associated with The Croke Park Hotel. Your constructive observations will also been the subject of a meeting with our Senior Management, as I most certainly cannot condone any deviation from the high standards that have become synonymous with The Croke Park Hotel.

My colleague Agnes has informed however, that she was able to meet you personally on departure and I do trust that she was able to satisfactorily resolve the matter? I would also greatly welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in person and can be contacted on russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons.

Please accept my sincerest apology once again for the shortcomings already highlighted by you. Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

The No.1 GAA Hotel
Jones Road

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was our second visit. We stayed four days this time & found the staff friendly and professsional, going out of their way to help. We have stayed in three hotels in Dublin, and while we enjoyed the other two,this hotel is definitely our favourite, despite a less central position. During the day it is a 20 minute walk into the centre but at night I would recommend getting a taxi back to the hotel. The free parking for guests is good, as we have paid quite high charges more centrally. The executive rooms on the fourth floor are particularly good as there is an excellent executive lounge where a complimentary continental breakfast is served & hot & cold drinks & biscuits during the day.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have the executive lounge but if upgrading & getting a queen bed instead of k...
1  Thank Marianne1943
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We spent the night on our last day in Ireland at the Croke Park Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. We had previously stayed a week in a villa in Adare, Ireland. Upon arriving at the hotel we were a little concerned at where it was located...across from Croke Park...Dublin's soccer stadium. Luckily the most recent game had been played just the day before and so we did not have the burden of listening to the noise of thousands of fans or the crowd after the game. Also the hotel is a little out of the way meaning a cab would be necessary to get to the center of town. But that aside, we found the hotel a 5-star quality. The room we had was perfect and very clean as well. The dining room for breakfast was big and the buffet was very good. We enjoyed our stay even if it was for only one night. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Once again this hotel was very nice, a good value and is a convenient location. The rooms are clean and well tended to by the staff. Was a little disappoionted in the staff in the bar at night. They seemd to be more interested in their socializing than being attentive to the guests. The staff was young and it seemd not very well supervised. I expect more. That said the rest of the staff was their usual attentive self.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is our third or fourth stay here and we have no complaints about it at all. We got a really good deal through olotels and after a long drive from cornwall we couldnt choose a better hotel. Its easy to get to from the port, the car park is free which is a huge bonus, the family room we had was massive, two double beds and a single with loads of floor space for our four year old to play on,the bathroom was lovely and everywhere was very clean. The walk into the city does take a while about 20mins with a child in tow but its a nice easy walk, we had a wonderful dinner in the bar very very tasty and breakfast is always really good with a great choice not alot more to say just a very very good hotel, we will be back

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative. I am also delighted to inform you we have just re-stocked our supply of kids toys, boardgames and puzzles, so on your next stay be sure to avail of these for your child free of charge.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

spent 3 great nights here.superb breakfast with great variety.very friendly staff.what we liked as well was the free wi-fi good selection of tv channels at no extra cost.good bar area that is not expensive like other hotel bars.location was not a problem for us but is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the centre.taxi back is only 5 to 6 euros

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

We are deeply humbled by your extremely kind TripAdvisor of our hotel. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.