“Very friendly staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Selden, New York
“Very friendly staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at The Croke Park Hotel for one night. The rooms were spacious and had updated bathrooms. The view from the windows weren't spectacular but it's set a bit away from the city. It's an easy walk to the main attractions of the city but I wouldn't recommend it late at night. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. Some of the nicest people I came across on my trip!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amariew12
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to record your most positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

sean_reid@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Poor reception service, not nice to deal with following my fathers heart operation in the near by Mater Private Hospital, The reception staff knew the reason we were staying there but i felt like we were an announce to certain members of the reception team, water was supplied to guests on arrival but we were not giving any. Avoid the Hotel if there is a game on in adjecent croke park stadium and you venture out for the day as the Garda will not let you get back to the hotel if your in a taxi WITHOUT a passport. Only good thing was the breakfast. Dust was a biggy in this hotel .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you very much for your honest feedback on your stay at The Croke Park Hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for your overall experience as I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel experience during your recent visit to the hotel.

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to be one of the most popular hotels in Dublin, with fresh, spacious, contemporary interiors, luxurious bedrooms, a tempting bistro and bar, a hotel business centre and three meeting rooms. I was thus most disappointed that you felt this not to be the case.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Carlow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in the croke park hotel recently while visiting Dublin for a night. The check in staff were very pleasant, efficient & helpful. We ate dinner in the bar & I couldn't fault it. Lovely menu, good service & very tasty food & wine. The room was very clean & comfortable. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel Dublin. Your kind comments were welcomed by the entire team. Sitting close to both Dublin city centre and the airport, The Croke Park Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in Dublin, with fresh, spacious, contemporary interiors, luxurious bedrooms, a tempting bistro and bar, a hotel business centre and three meeting rooms.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Corsham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Have just got back from a 3night break with the other half and I can honestly say this hotel was more than good value for the price we paid (we were lucky enough to grab a bargain).
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant, especially the concierge that sold us our hop-on hop-off bus tickets(also recommended),
Our room was big, clean and made us feel very homely...the beds were even better...memory foam...lovely! Breakfast each day was a hot and cold buffet which suited us perfectly as we filled up so much in the morning that we didn't eat again until the evening, very tasty food!
Location was perfect as not far from the airport and just a short bus journey into town, which was very reasonably priced, also directly opposite croke park stadium for those who love sport.
Overall can safely say that if we visit Dublin again we would most definitely stay here!

Room Tip: 102 is right opposite the stadium so those after a nice lie in may want to request a room other side...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily C
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your online review regarding your visit to The Croke Park Hotel. We most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback, be it positive or negative, thus affording us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel.

Croke Park holds a special place in the affections of the Irish people. It is the spiritual home of our native Gaelic games. It’s a place where mighty sporting warriors contest for the most coveted trophies in Irish sport and where legends of our games have made their claims to immortality. And located next to this great sporting shrine, The Croke Park Hotel plays its own unique part in Irish and Dublin life.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future..

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The accommodations were great and their breakfast was fantastic however the location was a little far from the city center and the neighborhood didn't feel safe to walk at night. With that said it was fine during the day and not more than a 15 minute walk.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kimlovesbeer
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel.

Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport. The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

Antony, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I first off want to say that our stay was great, good service, and nice atmosphere.

Now for everything. I booked this hotel for a 4 night stay so my wife and me could visit before we moved in a month. When we booked i didn't realize that my wife had called earlier to request a bottle of prosecco and a note in our room for our belated anniversary, well needless to say it was not in the room even after requesting a time that would co-inside with our flight and travel arrangements, so that was one thing. Next which is a big issue for me is when we left the room I had put the do not disturb sign on the door mainly because I don't like people going around my stuff, its just a person decision. The room in turn was actually entered and made up, which is nice and all but the exact OPPOSITE of what I had requested.

We did check out the restaurant as well, made a reservation but no one actually wrote it down on the reservation list. Food was very good but lack of communication between the wait staff had us telling 4 different people that we wanted to wait and enjoy our drinks before ordering.

all that being said it was a great stay and I probably would return again, but of course there was some issues.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front of the hotel gives a view of the Croke Park which is where they play the GAA game...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013

As humbling as it is to receive this criticism, your critique will serve our team well, as we do continually look to find opportunities to improve our levels of service and attention to detail. I would like to reassure you that, while your stay certainly did not meet the highest level of service I know we are capable of, your experience is a rare one – one that I hope you will allow us to improve upon, provided you choose to give us another chance in the near future.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night on the last day of a CIE tour. The desk staff were very efficient and helpful, and the rooms are modern and comfortable. Had to leave before breakfast, but was given a take away bag with yogurt, fruit, muffin and juice. Lobby area very elegant and immaculately clean. Great location for touring Dublin.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful comments of your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel. Our customers’ reviews are a valuable resource to ensure we are offering the best product and service

I am so glad to hear your praises for the attitudes of the staff here at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff who were humbled and pleased to have received such high commendations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again soon.