The Croke Park
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
4,827 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelsideline bistrocity centrehot towelsminute walkbottled waterfourth floorcontinental breakfastdeluxe roomhop on hop off busmini baro'connell streetwould highly recommend this hotelbar foodmodern hotelenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

A really nice hotel particularly if attending a match or concert in Croke Park. The location is really not ideal if visiting the city and is a taxi ride from the city centre. Nice rooms and large bar area. A nice stay all the same.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Poxyeagle
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Poxyeagle,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel.

I am pleased you found your stay nice and I would like to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Second time at the Croke Park. Just as nice as the first time. Had a room at the back of the hotel - no view to speak of, but quiet, quiet, quiet. Great after a busy day in the city centre for the two of us to relax. Easy to get the bus into town, or hop on the free shuttle for the open top bus trip - check with reception for the departure times.

Had a "superior" king-size room. Clean, spacious, nice bathroom - good to be able to soak it up in the bath. Or there's space to dance in the huge shower! Full price would be a bit pricey, but there always seems to be offers on so keep your eyes open. We stayed 3 nights for less than the price of 2.

Not much in the way of facilities nearby (some local shops, pubs, restaurants) but it's so close to the city centre and the buses so frequent that's not an issue, although it can take as long to walk to the bus stop as it takes the bus to get in to town.

We would happily come here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are really quiet, soome rooms at the front have balconies, but there's not much to look at. Apparently there's an "Executive Lounge" if you go for an "Executive" room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Simon S,

I am delighted your return The Croke Park Hotel was just as memorable as your first.

We are located just a 15 mins walk to O'Connell Street but only 20 mins drive to the airport, a peaceful night’s sleep is guaranteed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay and I will ensure all hospitalities are once again extended.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My boyfriend won two nights B&B at the hotel along with an evening meal, for two, while he was at a Charity Night in a local bar last year. As it was his birthday on 8th February, he booked it for that weekend. We arrived to a beautiful comfy room with two little bottles of prosecco and banner and balloons for his birthday in the room. The bed was huge and the comfiest Ive slept in ever. The bathroom was fab, enjoyed a hot bubble bath twice over the weekend. Was able to avail of free wifi which seemed to have a pretty good connection. The Executive Lounge was also made available to us on our floor - here we were allowed free tea, coffee, water and fruit. The three course meal in the restaurant that night which was part of our prize was delicious! My boyfriend claimed the steak fillet was the nicest steak he's ever had! One waiter we had was very attentive and we had a good laugh with him. Tall thin guy with darkish hair. Raging I cant remember his name, he deserves a special mention! We had a few drinks in the bar after this. The bar staff were also so friendly and helpful, one bar girl to the point that after spling the tiniest dribble from my Cosmo, she made me a fresh one for free! There was no need at all! Breakfast was great the next morning too, buffet but great selection and piping hot! Really enjoyed our stay at the hotel - we were sad to be leaving at the end!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Suzywuzy22,

I am delighted you and your boyfriend had such a wonderful stay with us. The team here, especially our kitchen crew, were overwhelmed by your wonderful comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is definitely 4 stars quality. We had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms are very comfortable and the matress is to die for. The room was very clean with daily service and in-room team and coffee service. This hotel also goes beyond with the nicest little attentions like chocolate in the evening.
On the minus side, the breakfast while ok could definitely be improved with more delicatessen. But overall a very nice experience. I'd stay here next time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chefya,

Thank you kindly for your honest feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our rooms of a high standard. Our pillow top, King coil mattresses are continuously noted for how comfortable they are. The comments regarding our breakfast buffet will also be taken on board and we are currently reviewing our offering.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great place to stay! I highly recommend this hotel. This hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the Dublin downtown for some great shopping. If not you can buy a 2 day ticket on the hop on hop off tour bus for about 17 euros. While it picks you up at the hotel it will not drop you back off at the hotel. But close enough for a short walk back. Make sure you pick up a map of the bus stops before you go. Nice large rooms with a great buffet for breakfast and the daily paper.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark D,

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Hop On Hop Off bus is indeed a fantastic way to see Dublin and we are lucky to have multiple collections daily, directly from our front door.

I hope you choose The Croke Park Hotel on your next visit to Dublin and please do not hesitate to contact me in advance.

Kind regards,