“The most accommodating staff we encountered in Ireland! Great place!”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My boyfriend and I booked a total of 5 nights at the Croke Park Hotel, both the beginning and end of our trip to Ireland. Having lived in Ireland for a little bit I knew that this hotel wasn't going to be in the very center of Dublin like the Gresham, and I preferred it that way. It would only take us about 10 minutes to walk to O'Connell street, add another 10 minutes to get to Temple Bar & Grafton St. Its a pleasant walk, you pass a large Police Station and a cute park along some residential neighborhoods that have a lot of B&B's. The streets you travel are not as touristy as other parts of the city (so you'll see litter) but other than that I felt safe walking back to the hotel, even at 2am. If you are going to see a match at Croke Park, this is the best possible hotel you could ask for.
We arrived at the hotel in the morning on Oct. 2nd, even though check-in wasn't until much later in the day we decided to see if by chance our room was ready since we were beat from our long flight. The staff was amazing! Not only did they allow us an early check-in but they were very informative and helpful. Later that afternoon, I tried to straight iron my hair, so I used my adapter that I used during my last trip, well unfortunately it was busted, so when I plugged in my flat iron, I blew the circuit to our room, how emabarrassing! So I had to walk shamefully down to the desk and explain what I did =(
The concierge was so pleasant (I wish I could remember the gentleman's name), not only did he take a look at my adapter, come upstairs to our room to fix the circuit, but he also offered to let me borrow an flat iron for $20, in which I would get the $20 back upon return. I was so impressed with the service (and the flat iron, it had to be worth at least $150). I was so appreciative!
The rooms were amazing! Everything is updated. large bathroom with a big glass shower and a large tub. Big mirrors to do your hair & make-up in. (Tip, the rooms power won't come on unless you put your room key in the little contraption when you first walk in, same goes with the elevators, which makes the hotel very safe).
The bed was large and great for sleeping. Everything was super clean (the maid staff very friendly as well). The breakfast is very good, I would try not to miss it! The have a very nice bar/restaurant and it gets pretty busy in the evenings. The Fitness facility is not very large but its perfect for the size of the hotel. All the equipment is new. Tv's and music provided along with fresj fruit, newspapers, towels and water. I loved that I could go down in the morning and get a few minutes of exercise in. I also should mention that for those of you who do not want to walk a lot, there's usually always a cab outside for those just in case moments (we had one being late from getting back form the Jameson Distillery (which is def worth a visit as well).
I would highly recommend this hotel, our stay was perfect!!!

3  Thank Nickels91
Write a ReviewReviews (4,733)

Reviewed 1 November 2010

This was our first stop on our Ireland vacation and we received a warm friendly welcome to the country here. Our plane got in a 7am, so by the time we collected our car and got to the hotel it was only 10am, and our rooms were not ready but they allowed us to park in the garage, use the main guest baths to freshen up and the concierge was incredibly helpful. Once we got in the rooms they proved very clean and modern. Very sizable bathrooms for Europe including a massive tub and separate shower. Comfortable bed and all the conveniences you could ask for in the room. The walk to city center wasn't bad at all (and we did it quite a few times!), probably 10-15 minutes. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed at Burlington Hotel on our last night back in Dublin really wished we had booked the Croke Park Hotel again!

Reviewed 29 October 2010

The hotel was of excellent quality ! our room was great and an extra bed was added for one of our children. For a hotel so far out of town i thought the food and drink prices were too high. We did not eat there because of this. But my oh my those lifts have a mind of there own. We spent 7 minutes one evening trying to get from the car park ( -1 ) to our room on ( 1 ). With young kids that can be more of a chore thatn you know ! We had to exit one lift at the ground level. it only went down. and wait for another lift to arrive which despite pressing 1 we were dispatched to floor 4 and then back to ground again before eventually getting to our floor on the 4th attempt. No it wasnt us , we met 4 or 5 people who left the lifts in fustration and used the poorly marked stairs.. Come on Ladies and Gents in the Croke park Hotel sort out the lifts and give us more time to enjoy Dublin..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2010

The place is corporate & soulless, but that's nothing new for a lot of hotel in Ireland & is a matter of taste to be honest so that's not my concern with this place.
I had a series of issues with the hotel which I left a note explaining to the management but the major problems were
A freezing cold room on check-in so much so I had to leave for an hour for it to become habitable.
Broken chair
Broken locker door
Tea /coffee stained cups
No bedside lights
All the lighting on one circuit (wall, ceiling, above the bed).
A shower that was plumbed backwards (pressure control marked temperature, temp marked pressure).
Kitchens that close 1/2 hour earlier if you want to eat in the bar rather than pay an extra €5 for room service.
All in all, I would recommend staying anywhere else in Dublin, unless you REALLY need to be across the road from the stadium. That's its only saving grace.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
9  Thank hhavatar
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Stayed at the Croke Park Hotel twice in October. Great hotel with excellent services. Room was large and well decorated. Excellent bathroom with both stall shower and tub. Terrific complimentary breakfast. Also provided complimentary computer and Wifi services. Good staff that provided very fine services. Only negative is its location which was near the airport (good for us), but not near central Dublin. It is right by the Rugby Stadium which was a good landmark, but did not mean anything to us.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed in hotel for 2 nites. We were celebrating a special occassion. Upon arrival we had been upgraded to 4th floor. The room had been especially decorated with banners & balloons, as well as complimentry wine!
The staff were awesome & worked hard to ensure we had a lovely stay. Hotel is very clean & modern, some might say out of the way but this made for undisturbed sleep. The food was fantastic especially the fish! Well worth a try. We had dinner in the hotel both nites.
Only suggestion i could make to hotel is live entertainment at the weekend. We definately wouldnt have travelled into the city centre at nite time, had the hotel had a band.
We will definately return to Dublin & to the Croke Park hotel, in the near future, hopefully before christmas!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
AlanSmullen, General Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Dear Devlin1810

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Your kind comments regarding the team here in Croke Park are fantastic to read. Our aim is to provide highly individual luxury experiences to our guests, and it made me proud to read that we succeeded in delivering this to you.

If I can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly and I look forward to welcoming you back to Croke Park.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Smullen
Hotel Manager

The Croke Park Hotel
A member of The Doyle Collection

Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed one night, and thought it was great. Good sized very clean room. Friendly & helpful staff. The only drawback I can think of is that it's a bit of a walk to many of the typical Dublin tourist attractions.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo