“Great wine and food, what else could you ask for? ”
Review of Bach 16

Bach 16
Ranked #169 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I was walking around Dublin when I randomly decided to walk in. The place had a good vibe and the staff were very kind, personable and friendly. The music was solid, but the food was exceptional: a simple menu was executed perfectly by good quality ingredients and presentation. Simply excellent in its entirety.

1  Thank Ian F

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went their for a small dinner with my mum last week and we loved it! Just walked past and recognised the name from trip advisor so went in, and so glad we did.
The stuff couldn't have been friendlier or more welcoming and the layout was adorable.
Would definitively go back!

1  Thank curtisannabelle
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stopped at Bach 16 today due to the high rating on Trip Advisor. The food was very good. Although the bacon is definitely a typical bacon cut, it tasted more like ham in America. It was still very tasty, but it's the only thing I think may take someone from the States aback. Our waitresses, were very wonderful. They provided great service and some laughs as well. They were very helpful with helping us get to Howth where we were able to see some of Dublin's coastline. It's gorgeous out there. You must go when it's sunny!

This place was awesome, and the people were even better.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Sunday lunchtime on a bank holiday weekend in Dublin can be tricky .... finding somewhere for a nice informal lunch is sometimes difficult ... but we struck Gold when we visited Bach 16. Hubby and I were accompanied by our guest, an 18 year old student who was returning to her studies afterwards. Despite being 15 minutes late, we were warmly welcomed and seated immediately in this little restaurant which looks across to the Liffey River boardwalk. Hubby insisted that the restaurant is named after the section of the quays on which it is located (16 Bachelors Walk) but I fancy that the musical reference in the silhouette pictures of a certain famous Bach (see photos) are much more enticing! We settled in to our corner table and chatted with the team, who are well informed on the menu and were chatty without being obtrusive. We decided to have the meat and cheese sharing platters to start and they were accompanied by delicious breads including crisp breads and a 6-year old balsamic reduction. Despite our reservations about the size of the platters when they arrived, somehow they returned to the kitchen having been almost completely cleared! On the staff's recommendation that the pizza bases were "really thin and very good", we each enjoyed a pizza and they were indeed VERY VERY good. Hubby and guest opted for Coca Cola while the recommended white wine was excellent by the glass. This restaurant does not pretend to be a Michelin star venue, rather it is a small, intimate venue in the heart of Dublin where the chef and the front of house team clearly appreciate great Italian food. The food is really, really good and within its category, I was very tempted to give it an "Outstanding" rating. For diners looking to "push the culinary envelope" in the style of 1, 2 and 3-Michelin star restaurants, this is not the venue. However, if you want to have a delightful Italian interlude, don't miss Bach 16!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have just returned from one of the most fantastic meal experiences I have had. We were a group of 20 altogether and spent the whole evening being entertained and fed well in Bach 16. Nothing is too much for Ed and Caroine and they went out of their way to accommodate us that evening, and made sure that all the food and wine we wanted were ready upon arrival. The restaurant is fab and they both even tried their hand at wine tasting for us, which was a brilliant idea. Unforgettable. Thanks again you two and I will definitely see you next time I am in Dublin!