“Great hotel, beyond expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #96 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Great hotel, beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hi we have stayed in Ardmore hotel for 3 nights at the mid September. It was great. The staff was more than nice, and very helpful. The hotel is about 10-15 min on bus from Dublin city center (there are 2 bus lines to the city passing every few minutes. The bus stop is in front of the hotel). There is no air conditioning in the room but this time of the year It wasn't needed. lThe hotel has free parking and the drive from the airport was easy. Moreover, the rooms are comfortable , big enough, clean, good food and the hotel pub is also very welcoming.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff at the hotel. As you mention the hotel has free parking and we are not too far from the Airport or City Centre. I am glad that you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. Our Bar does serve tasty food until 10pm every evening except Sunday when it finishes at 9pm and I am delighted that you got to experience it.
I hope that you are coming back to Dublin soon and that when you do you will choose to stay at the Ardmore Hotel.

Donna Curry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Since I wanted to be close to the city, I was skeptical about staying at this location. However it was excellent compromise to what i was seeking. The commute from the airport to the hotel was easy to follow (approx 20 minute bus ride- 40b/40d Finglas Rd).. Same bus will put you right in the heart of the city. The rooms/hotel was very clean. staff was very helpful. Very accommodating-they even allowed me to check in prior to the 2p Check-In time, which was not expected but appreciative. The only quirk I had was that the hotel was not equipped with air conditioner. Again, they were accommodating by providing me with a fan. I would Definately stay again!

Room Tip: FYI- Your door key to the room has to be inserted into this small wall device in order for the light...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SirJcrew069
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you found the Ardmore Hotel suitable for your needs. The bus service at the hotel is very good, as you mention the hotel is serviced by two bus routes. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel and its staff to be accommodating. Although our check in time is not until 2pm we will always do our best to get a room ready if at all possible.
We do not have air conditioning but unfortunately too often in Ireland we do not need it.. I hope that you are returning to Dublin in the near future and that you will come and stay at the Ardmore Hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Well where to start... I decided to book The Ardmore Hotel for a midweek stay with my mum after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed :)

We arrived early on the Tuesday morning (3rd Sept). Staff were really helpful and took our cases, booked us in and advised what time out room would be ready. They let us know the bus details to get into town and changed our money, as the bus requires exact fare. There is even a handy leaflet on reception to take with you.

As in previous reviews the bus is a stones throw away from the hotel. Now as definite 'non bus goers' both myself and my mum were a little worried we may get lost...but it's SO easy! If we can manage then seriously anyone can! Seriously! There are two buses, every ten mins, that take you into the centre and it's just as straight forward on the way back. Literally dropping you off outside the hotel :) all the bus drivers were really helpful and if you asked them to give you a heads up when you it was your stop, they did! I was worried about not staying in the city centre but this location is perfect, we even came to like the bus journey to and from town :D

The hotel itself is lovely, clean and modern with decent sized rooms and plenty of storage. The reviews do state the corridors are really hot - I can't see why people are moaning about this ;) it was lovely getting out of the cool Irish air into a toasty corridor. We both looked forward to it. Plus you can't really moan when you're advised before hand...if you don't like warmth then perhaps don't go or wear very little for the brief walk in the corridor. As for me and my mam, well we liked it! Our room wasn't too hot, we kept the windows open a lot of the time (we asked and stayed in a room high up at the rear of the hotel so didnt hear any traffic) and the room stayed cool.

We ate breakfast for 2 of the 4 mornings we were there. Not a massive choice but plenty to contend with. All very nice and they will do different kinds of egg to order which was lovely. Staff always very helpful and bringing tea and coffee upon arrival at your table.

Overall I would defiantly stay here again and will certainly be recommending it to anyone who is going to Dublin. All I need now is an excuse to back ;)

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you and your Mam enjoyed your stay with us and do hope that you find an excuse to return to Dublin and to stay with us. I am glad that you found it easy to find the hotel and to get around Dublin, also it is good to hear that the bus drivers were helpful to you. As you say the bus stop is just outside the door so it is easy enough.
I will pass your kind comments on to our Reception and Restaurant Staff as it is always nice for them to hear guest's appreciation.
Looking forward to having you come stay with us again, contact the hotel directly to see if we have any special offers available if you are coming back.

Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was perfect for my girlfriend and I's two night stay in Dublin.

We hired a car and upon arrival we were advised to park in the underground parking which was very secure which was comforting.

The room was a nice size, very clean and everything was in full working order. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom a nice size also.

The bus stop is right outside of the hotel and is a 15 minute journey to the city centre (we got off on O'Connell St).

We didnt have breakfast or use the restaurant but the bar was very nice and prices were reasonable so we had a few drinks there one night.

No complaints and if returning to Dublin, I'd definitely stay here again. It is great value for money and substantially cheaper than the city centre so for the sake of a 15 minute bus ride I was more than pleased.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan C
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted both you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us at Ardmore Hotel. As you have mentioned, there is a free and secure underground car park available for all overnight guests. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the hotel's Premier Bar. Bar food is served 7 days a week and overnight guests receive a special 15% discount off the bar food menu. Thank you once again for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cardiff UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Ardmore is a bit of a soul-less building but very convenient as the bus stopped right outside to take you into the heart of Dublin in 15 minutes (O'Connell Street). Reception and dining room staff very pleasant and helpful. Bar area crowded and too noisy to talk. Big bedroom and good bathroom. Both spotlessly clean. Rooms were rather hot on arrival as curtains left open and sun streaming through. Too noisy on main road to sleep with windows open. This unusual weather wouldn't normally be a problem. Good breakfast. and I repeat, good staff, convenient for the city centre. Would use it again for a night or two.

Room Tip: Corner suite spacious but right on main road so back may be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have mentioned, we have been experiencing some unusually warm weather here in Ireland at the moment. Guests are welcome to request a complimentary fan which can be obtained by contacting the Front Desk team. I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be both helpful and pleasant. Ensuring high standards of Customer Service is an integral part of our ethos at Ardmore Hotel so it is always nice to receive positive feedback such as yours. Thank you once again for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the end of August. Staff were very helpful and attentive. The quality of food, both at breakfast and in the premier bar, is excellent. We were at the front and were not bothered by the traffic noise, although if you like to sleep with the window open you would need to request a room at the back. There are good bus services into the city centre, with information on bus numbers and price at reception. The secure underground car park is a real bonus. At checkout, after we had surrendered our room cards, we were asked if our car was still in the car park and we were given a card to use to get down and told to just pop it into the box on the way out the gate.
Our only critical comment, (although not enough to drop the rating down to 4), was that at breakfast the plates were not warm, which caused the food to cool down. I would have thought that a hotel of this standard would have invested in a plate warmer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased to hear that you found the staff to be so helpful. As you have mentioned, the hotel is a mere 15 minute bus journey from Dublin's City Centre. Buses are very regular, the bus stop is ideally located right across the street from the hotel and the Front Desk team are always on hand to help our guests figure out the best bus routes to take to their desired destinations. We really value the feedback we receive from our guests so thank you once again for your comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel in the future.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

First of all I would like to start of by saying how highly I think of this hotel. After a €19 taxi to the hotel we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who took payment and checked us in very quickly! The hotel is in a great location in my opinion. Within a 5 minute walk you have a large tesco and a Burger King. The bus stop over the road has you into the city centre in about 15 minutes for around €2.50. The hotel is also very secure, you have to use your room card to activate the lift so nobody can come up. The only downfall I could find with the hotel is that our room was at the front of the hotel, and as other guests have mentioned the rooms are very hot and to have the window open makes it rather hard to sleep. Although shutting the window and getting a fan from reception made this a bit more bareable. I would also like to thank the superb cleaners. Everyday we got back to the room to find it in the same state it was when we checked in! The bed was made, rubbish taken, towels replaced, new soap and shampoo, absolutely fantastic!! All in all I can honestly not praise the staff of this hotel high enough. Every question we asked reception staff about which bus to get on and where to get off was answered with a smile and a perfectly simple answer. I'd also recommend getting some of the mini cards from the reception for some savings! Massive thank you from me and my better half! I WILL be staying here again if I return to Ireland!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SamuelJD
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff, in particular, to our Accommodation Manager who will be delighted to hear that you appreciated our high standards of housekeeping. There is a free and secure underground car park available for all overnight guests. This means our guests can make the hassle-free 15 minute commute to Dublin's City Centre by public transport without the inconvenience of trying to find parking. Thank you once again for your kind posting your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ardmore Hotel soon.

Donna Curry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
The Regency Hotel Dublin
Rathfarnham
Abrae Court Guesthouse
Abrae Court Guesthouse
#104 of 153 in Dublin

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!