“Just OK”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #100 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small and outdated new decor needed and upgraded facilities, the bar is nice but pricey, would suit for a one night stay if your stuck, wouldn't stay here again to be honest.
Some upgrading would do the place a favour overall it's just OK. Nothing special.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you found Premier Bar nice, I am surprised with the comment you made regarding the pricing- with 15% off food and a Pint of Guinness until recently costing €4.10 I disagree that the hotel bar is pricey.
You mention that some upgrades are needed to the decor, the hotel was built in 2005 and is relatively modern, we are however in the process of having some minor renovations done to bedrooms which we were unable to accommodate during the busy season. With regards to facilities, we offer FREE wifi, FREE Carparking, Tea/Coffee Making Facilities in the Room and 24 hour room service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the first time and was well pleased with the good facilities.The room and the bathroom were very clean and well presented. It was good value for money, neither the dearest or cheapest. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and were easy to talk to. The bar staff were top class and made helpful checks to keep us topped up.
I noticed two areas that needed attention the bed was a double, I would have preferred kingsize. The staff serving at breakfast were helpful but somewhat disorganised and caused delays bringing additional tea and toast. It looked as if only your order taker could service the table. I found this caused delays which allowed the 'cooked breakfast' to cool slightly.
We would definitely stay in the hotel again as the points found were too minor to affect our future choice when staying in Dublin.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of bed in your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ardmore Hotel and have passed your comments on to all of our staff. I have also made the Management Team aware of your comments regarding breakfast so that they can review the service, we should be able to resolve these minor issues without delay.
Again, thank you for your review and I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Ardmore Hotel between 25th - 28th October and found it to be a very pleasant stay. We arrived at the hotel at 9.45am and were give our room key straight away which was great as we were able to get our luggage unpacked before heading out for the day. The hotel was in a good location, a 15 minute bus journey (bus 140) into the city centre (O'Connel Street) which was much better than paying triple the price it would have been if we had booked a hotel in the heart of the centre. Wifi was available on the ground floor of the hotel but I found it would often work in the room also.

The room itself was quite spacious, with a bath, tv, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a kettle for a hot drink of tea or coffee (sachets provided). The room was cleaned every morning, clean towers were provided, beds were made and bins were emptied.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin, it's great value for money with easy access to the centre.

I would particularly like to thank the staff also, who we found to be very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Thank you =)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlustmind

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. I have passed on your comments to the Staff and put your review on the notice board as it is always nice to get feedback from guests that stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel to be very convenient, as you mention we are on a bus route which makes travelling to Dublin City Centre very easy. I hope that you are returning to Dublin again in the future and that you come and visit us at the Ardmore Hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel was in a good location for my quick 4 day trip. A bus stops right out front and you can be in the city within 10 min. The room was tidy and the bar food was priced fair and was tasty. I did notice barking dogs from the homes located behind the hotel, so if you need a quiet morning or afternoon choose a room away from the back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. As your title states we are very near to Glasnevin, We are also located very conveniently to the City and I glad that you found transport to be efficient. I am not sure if you got the chance to visit the local Botanic Gardens or Glasnevin Cemetary and Museum but if not I hope that you return to stay with us again soon as they are well worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Really lovely rooms excellent value for money. Had steak baguette at the bar which was excellent value for money. Also hotel has secure parking and the location makes it easy for taking the bus to the city centre which takes 15 mins.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you found the Steak Sandwich enjoyable in Premier Bar, it is one of our more popular options. We are still offering the 15% discount off food which makes our Bar Menu even better value.
I hope that you are in Dublin again in the near future and that you will return to stay at the Ardmore Hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location on the bus line which made it easy to travel to downtown. The staff was also quite friendly. However, the hotel needed some updating as far as the rooms go, and our rooms weren't that well prepared by the housekeeping staff. Also, the hair dryer only worked for ten seconds at a time and then you would have to wait around 5 minutes before it would then work for ten seconds again. Also, there was quite a bit of noise at night being located right next to a neighborhood. The beds and pillows were also extremely uncomfortable. Lastly the breakfast left a lot to be desired and was quite pricey.

Room Tip: Decent price but nothing extraordinary. Can take bus fairly easily to downtown.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that the Ardmore Hotel did not merit a better comment than So So.
I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant and Accommodation Managers as it does not appear that the usual standards of the Ardmore Hotel were met during your stay. Our Accommodation Department pride themselves on the cleanliness of the rooms and attention to detail and we always score particularly high in that department, I apologize that you do not feel that this was the case. With regards to the hairdryer, from time to time they do stop working which is why we keep spare hair dryers at the front desk, unfortunately we only discovered the problem with your hairdryer after you had departed and could only rectify the problem for future guests.
I hope that if you are returning to Dublin in the near future that you will return to stay with us and have a stay more reflective of the Ardmore Hotel's usual standard.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked this hotel for my Mum's birthday present for a trip for myself and her. It was an excellent price and thats the main reason for booking. Being so cheap, I didn't think it was going to be as fantastic as it was!

The location of the hotel is just north of Dublin city centre in Finglas. It's easy to access the centre by using buses. There's a bus stop into the centre across the road and the 140 bus from the centre stopped directly outside the hotel. Alternatively the 40 bus stops just a 5 minuet walk away. It's fairly cheap to get into the centre - costly about 2.40euros each one way.

The hotel itself is very well presented, clean and has good facilities. The rooms are of good really size - we had a twin room with two single beds and a small table and chairs. In the room there's also a TV, Tea/Coffe making facilities and glass cups. There's also an ice machine out in the corridor next to a couple of vending machines. The bathrooms are good size with bath and shower facilities. Showergel and Soap is also provided and towels changed up to daily if needed. Theres also a hairdryer in the main room.

As the hotel is on a main road there is some noise from outside traffic but its not overly noisey - just as you'd expect from a city area.

During our hotel we ate at the hotel a few times for Breakfast and Evening meal.
Breakfast is really good - it costs 9.50euros for a full Irish breakfast, which is a little pricey for some peoples liking but there's plenty of food avaliable. This includes; Tea/Coffee, Orange/Apple/Grapefruit juice, Water, Toast/Bread, Cereals, Pastries and Crossiants, Yoghurts, Fruit such as pineapple and berries, Cheese, Ham, Sausage, Bacon, White and Black pudding, Fried Egg, Beans, Mushrooms. Also avaliable are items such as Porridge or Scrambled egg on asking staff.
Evening meal is also very good with plenty of differnent options of starters and mains avaliable in the bar. For instance; Salmon, Prawns, Soups and so on for starters. Mains including; Steak sandwhich, Pasta, Curries, Burgers and so on. Prices for the meals in the bar are slightly expensive but it obviously depends on what you have and you've got to remeber it is a city so prices are always higher.
Drinks in the bar are as normal - plenty of variety. Again, slightly expensive but it's cheaper than the main area.
If your thinking of alternative places to eat/drink then it's got to be the main city centre as there isn't anywhere close to the hotel except the hotel itself.

Also on the Saturday there was entertainment on in the main bar, although we didn't stay for this as we were knackered for walking around all day! The hotel also offers a DVD night where you can rent a DVD player, DVD from a big and varied selection, get a 2 litre bottle of fizzy drink and a big bowl of popcorn. Free Wifi is also avaliable in the hotel and there is a computer downstairs.

What makes the hotel is the staff. The are all incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive. On checking out the receptionist asked if we would like a taxi or needed to leave our bags at the hotel. Additionally, all waiters/waitresses were very good - asking if everything was alright or if we needed anything else and so on.

Overall, I would definately reconmend this hotel as it's absoultely fantastic especially for the price we paid!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanna E

Dear Guest,
Happy Belated birthday to your Mum!! I am delighted that you chose to spend her birthday treat at the Ardmore Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have posted your review on our staff notice board as it is always nice for our staff to receive the feedback sent by guests.
I hope that you are returning to Dublin in the near future and that you will come and stay with us again.