“Just out of the city”

Ranked #97 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Just out of the city”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've stayed at the Ardmore 5/6 times now. Always pleasant. It's been open best part of 10 years now but still feels quite modern. It's in a great location. Far enough out of the city to not have any of the bustle/noise but close enough you can drive in or get the bus (the stop for which is directly outside) within 15 minutes.

Staff are always friendly and helpful. They kept my key behind the counter when I went out running and on checkout, kept my bag behind reception as my flight wasn't until the evening. None of these are desperately out there requests to make of a hotel but it's definitely appreciated when they accommodated me with no fuss at all.

Within a few minutes walk is the Clearwater Shopping centre with a large Tesco superstore which is handy and only a 5 minute walk is the village of Finglas with a decent selection of pubs, restaurants and takeaways.

There may well be better hotels in Dublin but I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mankinduk
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you will not stay anywhere else when you are in Dublin and that you find our hotel to be pleasant. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff, in particular Reception as it is always nice for them to know that they make a difference. I hope that you continue to return to the Ardmore Hotel and enjoy your future stays with us.

Donna Curry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
dublin
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small and outdated new decor needed and upgraded facilities, the bar is nice but pricey, would suit for a one night stay if your stuck, wouldn't stay here again to be honest.
Some upgrading would do the place a favour overall it's just OK. Nothing special.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you found Premier Bar nice, I am surprised with the comment you made regarding the pricing- with 15% off food and a Pint of Guinness until recently costing €4.10 I disagree that the hotel bar is pricey.
You mention that some upgrades are needed to the decor, the hotel was built in 2005 and is relatively modern, we are however in the process of having some minor renovations done to bedrooms which we were unable to accommodate during the busy season. With regards to facilities, we offer FREE wifi, FREE Carparking, Tea/Coffee Making Facilities in the Room and 24 hour room service.

Kind Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the first time and was well pleased with the good facilities.The room and the bathroom were very clean and well presented. It was good value for money, neither the dearest or cheapest. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and were easy to talk to. The bar staff were top class and made helpful checks to keep us topped up.
I noticed two areas that needed attention the bed was a double, I would have preferred kingsize. The staff serving at breakfast were helpful but somewhat disorganised and caused delays bringing additional tea and toast. It looked as if only your order taker could service the table. I found this caused delays which allowed the 'cooked breakfast' to cool slightly.
We would definitely stay in the hotel again as the points found were too minor to affect our future choice when staying in Dublin.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of bed in your room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ardmore Hotel and have passed your comments on to all of our staff. I have also made the Management Team aware of your comments regarding breakfast so that they can review the service, we should be able to resolve these minor issues without delay.
Again, thank you for your review and I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again in the near future.

Leeds
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Ardmore Hotel between 25th - 28th October and found it to be a very pleasant stay. We arrived at the hotel at 9.45am and were give our room key straight away which was great as we were able to get our luggage unpacked before heading out for the day. The hotel was in a good location, a 15 minute bus journey (bus 140) into the city centre (O'Connel Street) which was much better than paying triple the price it would have been if we had booked a hotel in the heart of the centre. Wifi was available on the ground floor of the hotel but I found it would often work in the room also.

The room itself was quite spacious, with a bath, tv, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a kettle for a hot drink of tea or coffee (sachets provided). The room was cleaned every morning, clean towers were provided, beds were made and bins were emptied.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin, it's great value for money with easy access to the centre.

I would particularly like to thank the staff also, who we found to be very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. Thank you =)

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlustmind
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. I have passed on your comments to the Staff and put your review on the notice board as it is always nice to get feedback from guests that stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel to be very convenient, as you mention we are on a bus route which makes travelling to Dublin City Centre very easy. I hope that you are returning to Dublin again in the future and that you come and visit us at the Ardmore Hotel.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel was in a good location for my quick 4 day trip. A bus stops right out front and you can be in the city within 10 min. The room was tidy and the bar food was priced fair and was tasty. I did notice barking dogs from the homes located behind the hotel, so if you need a quiet morning or afternoon choose a room away from the back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. As your title states we are very near to Glasnevin, We are also located very conveniently to the City and I glad that you found transport to be efficient. I am not sure if you got the chance to visit the local Botanic Gardens or Glasnevin Cemetary and Museum but if not I hope that you return to stay with us again soon as they are well worth a visit.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Really lovely rooms excellent value for money. Had steak baguette at the bar which was excellent value for money. Also hotel has secure parking and the location makes it easy for taking the bus to the city centre which takes 15 mins.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you found the Steak Sandwich enjoyable in Premier Bar, it is one of our more popular options. We are still offering the 15% discount off food which makes our Bar Menu even better value.
I hope that you are in Dublin again in the near future and that you will return to stay at the Ardmore Hotel.

Alabama, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location on the bus line which made it easy to travel to downtown. The staff was also quite friendly. However, the hotel needed some updating as far as the rooms go, and our rooms weren't that well prepared by the housekeeping staff. Also, the hair dryer only worked for ten seconds at a time and then you would have to wait around 5 minutes before it would then work for ten seconds again. Also, there was quite a bit of noise at night being located right next to a neighborhood. The beds and pillows were also extremely uncomfortable. Lastly the breakfast left a lot to be desired and was quite pricey.

Room Tip: Decent price but nothing extraordinary. Can take bus fairly easily to downtown.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that the Ardmore Hotel did not merit a better comment than So So.
I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant and Accommodation Managers as it does not appear that the usual standards of the Ardmore Hotel were met during your stay. Our Accommodation Department pride themselves on the cleanliness of the rooms and attention to detail and we always score particularly high in that department, I apologize that you do not feel that this was the case. With regards to the hairdryer, from time to time they do stop working which is why we keep spare hair dryers at the front desk, unfortunately we only discovered the problem with your hairdryer after you had departed and could only rectify the problem for future guests.
I hope that if you are returning to Dublin in the near future that you will return to stay with us and have a stay more reflective of the Ardmore Hotel's usual standard.

Donna Curry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
#1 of 1 in Tyrrelstown
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!