“Great hotel and staff”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #100 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Pros: 1. Spacious, clean, quiet room 2. Best staff I've encountered in a long time. They helped us (willingly and smiling!) with confirming day trips, booking taxis, and assuring bus routes. Worth staying just for the staff! 3. the teapot in the room was lovely. 3 out of 4 days we came back showered, and had a cup of hot tea. Hot tea was lovely in the morning as well. 4. The bar/ restaurant was lively, and had good food at a reasonable price. One evening we came in a little early and were able to catch some live entertainment in the bar/restaurant. They were great and we really enjoyed the traditional Irish music. Cons; 1. No breakfast included in the room rate. And, unfortunately, there is no place close by to grab something quick so its pay 10 euro for breakfast or take the 15-30 minute bus ride into the city center and grab something there. 2. Hotel a little far out from the city center and a minimum of 2.30 euro for each bus ride. Taxi to city center about 20 euro. Taxi from airport (at 5pm) 35 euro!!! Thank goodness a couple getting information was there at the same time, and the gentleman giving information paired us up so we could share a taxi. There is a guaranteed 19 euro rate from hotel to airport taxi so ask for this. Figure this into your room rate and see if it would not be just as cheap to stay in the city center. With that being said, this was such a nice hotel with such wonderful staff I would definitely recommend it and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Ardmore Hotel. I will pass your kind comments on to our staff. As you mentions some of our rates do not include breakfast, our own website offers breakfast included in some of the rates but for guests that have room only a Full Breakfast costs €9.50 and includes the cold buffet, tea/coffee and toast as well. The hotel is located out of the city centre, with the buses that you mention running directly past the door. €35.00 sounds a lot from the Airport, the taxis in Dublin add an additional charge per person and also for baggage so perhaps the fact that you were sharing it made it more expensive, we do as you mention have the set rate of €19 for the return journey so that the rate is guaranteed. I do hope that you will decide to return to Ireland in the near future and that you do indeed stay at the Ardmore Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Ardmore Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Chose this hotel as we had a hire car and on map the location is good for airport as well as getting a bus into city. It also has good secure parking which I was impressed with. Location is ok but near the suburbs so seems to get used for parties and the odd local drinking in the bar. Not a problem but can make the hotel a bit noisier than normal. I would use again for similar need but not a hotel you wanna be stuck at!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank bub72

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return to the hotel again. We do have locals that frequent the hotel and have family parties with us, thankfully as otherwise the bar would not have the friendly atmosphere that it it has. Our secure parking as you mention is a great addition to the hotel and is free for guests.
I hope that you do indeed return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Ardmore again and not much changed...The rooms are still clean and tidy, but in need of a update. The lounge food is reasonably priced and tasty enough. The biggest thing I did notice was the staff is always pleasant and if you have a concern or complaint they are more then willing to listen and try to make your stay more comfortable! I have to give them an (A) for effort. So if your looking for a reasonably priced Hotel and a close bus ride or cab to the city with a staff willing to please this could be your place!

Room Tip: Be aware if you like to sleep with a window open there are barking dogs from the homes behind the h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank XXOOTraveler

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to stay at the Ardmore Hotel twice now and I hope that you will return for a third time in the very near future. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff who will be delighted to receive them.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I found my stay very enjoyable and to be honest better than I thought it would be. The staff are very friendly and helpful, I think they understand most people want a good experience on holiday not just somewhere to sleep. And it was great to see a tv that actually works in a hotel and free wifi is always good. The breakfast is amazing quality. The only minor point was the distance between the city centre and the hotel although there is plenty of information about using the bus services. Overall a great time and place and if I have the opportunity again I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Barry K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and the five stars that you gave the Ardmore Hotel. I will pass your review along to our staff who will be delighted by the kind comments that you made. I hope that you will be in Dublin again soon and that you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for value as believed Dublin city centre prices were overpriced during 6 Nations and Beyonce playing the o2 arena. Easy enough to find and has a Tesco express store just up the street which was handy. Check in staff were helpful, the restaurant food was lovely and the staff very friendly. Free parking and wifi is a bonus. Bedroom was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space, also had kettle, hairdryer and iron. Didnt like the bathroom as it had a walk in shower which gets the whole bathroom floor soaking wet and dangerous. Bed wasn't very comfy at all, had a spring sticking into my back all night and the mattress was very hard. Tv remote control didnt work but wasn't in room for long so didn't really bother us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nj85
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as didn't want to pay the mad prices in Dublin on rugby weekend. Easy access when coming in from north. Free secure parking, efficient check in and room spotless. Didn't eat at hotel but restaurant looked good. 15 euro for taxi into graft on street or bus stops outside for 2.60 each. Good value for money. Only negative walls quit thin.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank richmond225
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at the Ardmore two weeks ago and I was quite satisfied with my experience there. The staff was nice and friendly and the rooms were clean and cosy. The food was good and the best part was that, as a guest, you get a discount :)
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi K
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you were satisfied with your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, I hope that you will return to the Ardmore Hotel again in the very near future.

Donna Curry

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#38 of 150 in Dublin
Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!