“Nice,clean,private”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes nice place to lay your tired head,clean and comfortable.Bar and restaurant downstairs but built in such a way that you never hear the noise from the rooms.Ice machine on all levels and sweet/crisp machine on all levels.underground safe parking and friendly staff...what more could a body want;-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zorbothegreek
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing the Ardmore Hotel, I am delighted that you found the hotel to be to your liking and that it was as you say Nice Clean and Private.
I hope that you return to Dublin again soon and that you choose to visit the Ardmore Hotel again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We Stayed here a couple of times, the rooms are nice and spacious however they do get a bit hot at night and there was no AC. I recommend to young couples staying as we stayed on the weekend the bar was quite loud.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Ardmore Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope that you will have the occasion to visit again soon and look forward to welcoming you at the hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is situated appr. 15 minutes from the city centre by bus. From Connell Street take bus 140 or 40D and tell the driver that you are going to Ardmore. The price of the ticket is 2.60 euro unless you have a Leap card (available at Spar shops, can be topped up), then it is cheaper.
Lobby is rather spacious and has an internet terminal. Breakfast room is also spacious and the selection of buffet breakfast is ok (price 9,50 euro).
Our double room was ok as far the size is concerned. There were some slight signs of wear&tear but in general it was acceptable. The bed had rather soft mattrass. Quite a few tv channels and old cathode ray tube style television device.
We had some difficulties during our visit: the key cards stopped to work so we had to go to the lobby and complain about that. We were helped swiftly - no apologies however.
Ardmore is totally ok and somewhat easy to reach from botn the city and airport. Nothing special though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that you thought our hotel was nothing special but thank you for taking the time to review it. It is unfortunate that you had difficulty with the key, I am happy to hear that the issue was resolved quickly. I hope that you do return to stay with us again in the future, as you mention the hotel is very convenient, accessible by different bus routes which have buses stopping just outside the door, our breakfast is very reasonable and we offer 15% off our Bar Menu.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 for 14 nights. You get what you pay for. Staff not really engaging - not really helpful. Had an issue with messages not getting passed along. The hotel is close to public transport with stops just out side the hotel however the hotel is about 20 mins away on bus.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing the Ardmore Hotel. I am surprised and sorry to hear that you did not find the staff very engaging. It is disappointing to hear that you felt that there was an issue with your receiving messages, a company that was to provide a tour for you did call and confirm the email address of the hotel but did not leave a message-they simply confirmed our email address, no email was received for you and no follow up call was received from that company to ensure we got something that they believed that they sent which you would expect since they were cancelling your arrangements with them and the email was obviously of great importance to you. I can assure you had they left a message or sent an email it would have been passed on. That being said I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and hope that you return again soon. As you mention the hotel is very convenient for the city centre with buses stopping outside of the hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a one night business stopover in the north city area. This hotel filled the bill perfectly. Great value rate for bed and breakfast. Staff excellent. Room clean and comfortable. Bar food in the evening was exceptional. Free car parking. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be exactly what you wanted. I hope that you will return to Dublin in the near future and that you will stay at the Ardmore Hotel again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel in May 2014 for four nights and I have only good things to say. The room was always very clean, the staff was amazing, always eagger to help and always so thoughtful in little gestures for the everydays towards guests.

Definitely will come back in the next opportunity.

Room Tip: My room faced the street but still I cannot say the noise bothered me. The area is calm.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the lovely review that you gave the Ardmore Hotel, I have passed your kind comments on to the staff who will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you have occasion to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights on November 2013 and must say that the price was really low for 2 persons (even including good breakfast).Many people have complained that it is far away from the city but i say that its not true! There are several buses going to the city so you'll have to wait on average less than 10 minutes and the stop is just 50 meters from the hotel so I wouldn't complain. Besides the views are nice from the double deckers upper level so try it.
Pros and cons are:
+ Really cheap
+Good breakfast and okay dining
+Nice bar with a good feeling
+Location is okay considering the bus connection
+Staff were nice

- Rooms can be a bit noisy if facing the road which is just 15 meters away (ask rooms facing opposite direction!)

In total I would highly recommend this hotel for a budget stay and why not for everyone else also. In my opinion its not worth paying fortunes for hotel if your only gonna sleep there. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Pick a room which inst facing the road next to the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeppenaattori

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 4 night stay with us. I am glad that you found the breakfast, bar and the staff to be nice. As you mention we are very convenient for guests that are travelling to the city. I am happy that you were pleased with our reasonable room rates, in addition to this we also offer 15% off our Bar Food Menu. I hope that you choose to come to Dublin again soon and that when you do you return to the Ardmore Hotel.