“Don't be fooled---read on!!!”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #99 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 1 August 2014

BFF and I got into a taxi, and headed to the Ardmore where we had a reservation for 5 nights. Tripadvisor friends had given the hotel RAVE reviews so I thought it was OK to book for two female travelers. Taxi driver was FULL of woe regarding the hotel's neighborhood, and BOY, he was WRONG!!!

Hotel desk clerk greeted us warmly, and got us into our room early. Room was quite plain, but comfortable and CLEAN. Bathroom was American style. A real plus in Europe. Our "wonderful" taxi driver also told us that we were a LONG way from city centre....WRONG AGAIN!!! If you are using the bus, and staying at the Ardmore, just remember this number, 140. You get on this line at City Centre, and it stops right in front of the hotel. I don't know what these people are talking about regarding a long bus ride.....12 minutes. My commute into LA every day is an hour!!! Bus was convenient and safe.

About a 7 minute walk uphill from the Ardmore is a full service grocery store. I would walk up there for breakfast pastry, and the ATM. The grocery store was patronized by young families, hardly scary.

Finally, we enjoyed eating at the Ardmore's bar several times. A large menu for a bar, and reasonably priced with live music on the weekends. Fiona, a server was also very nice to us. And the food was quite good. A relaxing way to wind down a day of sightseeing. Plus they served food til 10. The peeps at the front desk were GREAT too. They called for a taxi for us several times. And when a taxi driver took a hike with another customer, the front desk called for another taxi. They also provided directions on getting to various places in Dublin. All of this was done with an extremely cheerful attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank llarsLosAngeles
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to write it. I passed on your comments to Fiona in the bar and she remembers you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us-our bar menu does offer a variety and we offer 15% off to guests. I hope that you return to Dublin again soon and that when you do that you will come and stay with us at the Ardmore Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very polite staff, good breakfast (although it was not a free breakfast like our hotels in London and Edinburgh) rooms were well equipped. The only drawbacks were the long bus route into Dublin, and for some reason the 5th floor of the hotel was stifling hot. We tried to cool our room off a bit by keeping the windows open.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast at the Ardmore Hotel, if a little too hot for your liking. The hotel is a 10-15 minute bus journey from the City Centre with buses stopping just outside the door so I am surprised to hear you say that you felt it was long. I hope that you return to Dublin again in the near future, if booking directly on our hotel site breakfast is included in some of the offers.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great hotel, spacous lobby, friendly staff.
Our bed was huge and very comfy. Bathroom was big and lighting was great.
Breakfast selection was good, tasty food.
Only negative thing is that the hotel is far away form the city centre, although the bus stop is very close to the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel, as it was lovely to stay there.
Stayed: 17/May/2012- 21/May/2012.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EviandNathan
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you had a good time when you stay with us and found the beds to be nice and comfortable. I hope that you will be in Dublin again soon and that when you are you will come and stay at the Ardmore Hotel.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a family vacation to Ireland. The lobby is modern and inviting and the rooms were clean, spacious and basic. Maybe they could benefit from a little room spruce up and upgrade in bathroom amenities (the combined shampoo/conditioner/body wash thing doesn't work for me).

I loved the free wifi and, although it's not close to the city center, the bus across the street takes you directly there with about a 10 minute ride. Cab fare was about 17 Euro to the city, so if you're traveling with a larger group it might be more convenient and just as cost-effective to take a cab.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible and in the front. There is a dog pound in the back and higher up...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vagabond04
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your trip to Dublin and found the time to visit Dublin. Thank you for your positive comments about the lobby and rooms. I hope that if you are in Dublin again soon that you will come and stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Admore hotel with two friends for two nights on 26-28 June 2014 on our arrival we were taken by the lovely fasionable decor of the hotel.We were greeted by a lovely and polite lady on reception who was helpful and informative about the bus route from the hotel tothe city centre. We were then pleasantly suprised by the rooms which were very clean and included lovely cosy beds tea and coffee making facilities an iron and board,lots of hanging space for clothes, tv,speedy wi fi access ,clean modern bathroom with fresh towels and shapoo&soaps it was extremly great value .Our deal included a breakfast buffet which was delicious the food was fantastic quality and was piping hot with a fab selection.There was also cereals,yoghurts and various pastries.The staff in the restaurant were also lovely and very accomadating. I honestly couldnt fault a single thing about this hotel both nights i had a lovely peaceful sleep and woke up to a great breakfast I'll definatly return to this hotel in the future and highly rec ommend that others do too thank you for a lovely stay x

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room 413 fab peaceful location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Colly80
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely comments about the staff and your stay at the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and do very much hope that you do come back to visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Didn't seem able to cope with two coach parties. Evening meal very long winded. Starter took 45 minutes to arrive, main meal 1 and a quarter hours! Apart from that staff were friendly and food was reasonable once it eventually arrived. Nice room with comfortable bed.

Stayed: June 2014
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel and for your nice comment about the staff and quality of the food. I am sorry that there appears to have been such a delay on your meal, thank you for drawing my attention to it, it is not something that has been brought to my attention but I will certainly look into how this could happened to ensure that this does not happen to guests in the future. I hope that you enjoyed your tour in Ireland and that you return again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I Arrived by motorcycle & parked in their secure underground car park, the height restriction was about 2metres if anybody's interested, no good for 4x4 with a roof box.. But just perfect for bikes & bikers who like to keep their bike & kit safe. The Lady on the Reception was very welcoming & she also helped me print out some documents for work which was much appreciated. I was pleased with the room, the furniture was a little tired with worn surfaces etc but it was clean, the only things that let it down for me was - a couple of broken / lose tiles in the middle of the bathroom floor & the lack of air-con left the room a touch stuffy - but overall it was a pleasant place to stay. I didn't use the restaurant for an evening meal or breakfast due my timings with arrival / departure but it seemed busy with other folks... so perhaps I will try it next time I stay, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again & found it a great alternative to the Premier Inn I usually stay in near Swords.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be suitable to your needs. It is unfortunate that you did not get to have breakfast or dinner at the hotel, but hopefully you will be back to visit us and you will be able to then.