“Friendly and Helpful Staff”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #101 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Nice comfortable, clean, modern hotel with knowledable and curtious staff.

The concierge was great and extremely helpful, I wish I could remember the name of the Lady who gave me sightseeing advice daily, She was a vey fun person to speak with. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff i.e arranging taxi's, reccomanding where to go for good nightlife, minding are luggage on our final day.

I will reccomend this hotel and will return in the near future.
Cheers

Reviewed 2 April 2009

Spent 3 nights at the Ardmore in March 2009 - bought as a present from family for myself and my wife.
Took Air-Coach from Airport to central Dublin and then bus to right outside door of Hotel - all of 20m walk to the front door!
On arrival checked-in quickly and with no hassle - room paid for thru lastminute.com so showed voucher and all was well.
Hotel was reasonably modern, PC in the lobby for web access and also access from lobby to restaurant and thru to bar and conference/meeting rooms (not used by us but looked well appointed as peekd thru the windows!)
Lift to all floors and key-card required to activate lift and enter your room.
Room was a double with desk, wardrobe, bedside units, flat screen TV and hospitality tray (kettle, etc!). Good information pack with plenty of information about where to go and eat and see, etc.
En-suite was bath with shower over and was clean and functional (what else can a bathroom be!?) Good selection of complimentary toiletries although I found the basin to be sat a little high (I'm not short but could be difficult with young children?)
Bed was OK and I slept reasonably well however don't open your window if you're at the front of the Hotel as the traffic noise will probably keep you awake - can't be avoided if you want fresh air when you sleep.
Good choice of channels on the TV from Ireland and overseas.
The bar is quite large but well stocked and the staff were friendly and helpful (pointed me to the vending machine on the 2nd floor for cheaper bottled soft drinks for your room than from the bar!). Bar prices were slightly cheaper than the city centre itself - as you would expect Guinness was on offer along with Magners but plenty of other draught beers/lagers too along with the usual spirits and soft drinks.
Dinner was disspointing - although we took advantage of a pre-set menu for 2 courses the portions weren't great and wine wasn't cheap (is it ever though?).
Breakfast again is quite expensive at 12.50 Euro - although it is the 'full works' no roder was taken for the cooked breakfast and you got what was put in front of you. We found Debenhams in the city did a reasonable cooked breakfast + tea/coffee & toast for around 7 Euro - worth the saving despite having to get the bus into the city! There are other places to get a breakfast just as cheap so look around.

All in all we were generally impressed with everything the Ardmore had to offer - Dublin isn't the cheapest place to visit for food & drink so make sure you save up so can't hold a grudge on prices at the Hotel too much! One request though - when you next refurbish consider air conditioning for the rooms as traffic noise really means you can't open windows!

Other than that - thank you for a friendly, comfortable stay.

2  Thank NGH_Perth
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Upon arrival we were directed to underground parking via a secure gate. Lifts to room levels only worked by inserting your room card. Bedroom and bathroom were clean upon arrival and kept clean throughout our stay. Rooms were compact, but big enough for 2 adults.

Hotel is located a short trip (too far to walk) from the centre of Dublin, but there is a bus stop right outside. BEWARE - bus drivers are impatient at lack of knowledge on where you want to go and you need exact change. We caught the no 40 to Parnell St which is right next to the O'Connell Road from where you can walk to wherever you need to go. Cost us 1.60 Euros each for a single.

Hotel have very handy maps to take away, but hotel staff were v helpful when we needed further help with directions and which buses to catch.

The hotel is a little far away from everything, but apart from the Friday night when there was a party on that ended at midnight, it was nice and quiet. Would definitely use again if I was visiting Dublin.

Reviewed 9 March 2009

We had a stop over in Dublin and had some friends who lived in Glasnevin , Cabra area. This hotel was ideally located. Quite new and clean with friendly staff. Breakfast was good although only one member of staff catering for everybody ; obviously he was under pressure but food quality was still good. I would recommend this hotel as a good alternative for people who are in Dublin for the weekend at a concert , match etc . Price and quality are good and probably offers more value than other hotels closer to the city.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Stayed at the Ardmore for the Expedia price of only 50 euro a night. for 2 persons. For the price of a hostel, we stayed in a great hotel. Little noisy, with some noise both from the street and from the hallway, but the rooms look very nice, clean, complete, and I have no objections.

getting there with public transport sounds dounting, cause it's so far from the city centre, but the bus really stops in front of the hotel (no kidding).

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Im origanally from Ireland but living in the uk at the moment. We stayed at the Ardmore Hotel in January It wasnt a trip that I wanted to make as my grandmother had died and I was making the trip home for her funeral. As there was so many people traveling home from all over the world I decided to get myself a hotel and give my bed up in my mothers house for my elderly relatives. Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted by a lovely girl on reception she knew by my face I wasnt in the happesist of moods so she asked me was I ok I told her what had happened she was so apolagetic for my loss. I stayed at the ardmore for 5 days and every day that girl would ask me how I was and if I needed anything. I have to say she is a credit to your hotel. If the circumstances were different I would have had a great time. When I vist Dublin again and need somewhere to stay it will deffintaly be at the ardmore Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saz71
Reviewed 10 February 2009

We have just returned from a weekend in dublin, staying at the Ardmore and we totally loved it!
We visited for a girly weekend of shopping and drinking and this was the perfect place.
The rooms were very modern, cleam and comfy. The hotel was nice and warm but that was needed after a cold day out site seeing.
The staff were friendly and helpful when we asked about transport to the city sentre etc.
This is an ideal place if you are planning on seeing dublin city cente. the buses run from outside the hotel every 10-15mins and it is only a short journey, also a nightlink bus runs from the city centre from 12pm-4.30am every half an hour which is a safe way of getting home after being to the bars.
We would recommend buying a freedom 3day pass if visiting for the weekend. it was 25euros and covered all buses to the centre, an airport bus link, the night buses and the hop on hop off tour buses which we took full advantage of, it saves alot o money.
While in dublin we visited the zoo which is well worth a visit, it was very big and provided a full days entertainment. We spent alot of time in the temple bar in the evenings. There was a great atmostphere with live irish music in the afternnon.
The only bad thing about our visit was - THE COST! Everywhere was very expensive. it was difficult to find a cheap lunch anywhere in dublin apart from M&S! and for any 2 alcoholic drinks it cost us 15 euros each time! so make sure if you go for the drinking take alot of money!
All in all we had an amazing time and dublin is definatley the place for fun!

Stayed: February 2009