Firstly, on the positives - I realise this hotel is a three star property and in fairness, the room rates are extremely competitive. The bar was also quite lively and the bar-staff were good. However, I had several problems with my stay including:
* On arrival I was offered no proper greeting by the receptionist. I presented my booking form and left my credit card on the counter for pre-auth. I was handed my key and told my room number. I was offered no information on where the bar was, the restaurant or any other hotel info
* the hotel was very quiet (even though it was a bank holiday, there were few guests) however I was given a room overlooking the busy main road. There was no a/c so I had to open the windows and even with them closed the noise made it impossible to sleep
* Room service was awful. I ordered chicken wings and the giant, rubbery, feather covered pieces that arrived were simply the worst tasting hotel meal I have ever had.
*When I came back to the hotel in the evening I ordered a sandwich to my room. This was about 1.30am. I got a call a few minutes later saying they had not pre-auth my card on arrival and I would have to come down and present my card or else pay in cash (they never offered to send anyone up to me to get my card) If I would not do this I would not get a sandwich. I had to get dressed and go down. I told the night manager I expected to speak to a Manager in the morning and that I had been served room service earlier without an issue - nobody contacted me or followed up
*breakfast was a terrible experience. I arrived into an empty restaurant (bar two guests) there was no staff - it took me over 10 minutes to find someone. When my 'cooked' breakfast arrived, it was freezing cold. I was offered no apology when I sent it back. The waitress went off and returned with the same breakfast (the cut sausage still on plate) having heated it up. They didn't even replace the food !!
*Upon check-out I was never asked how my stay was (same receptionist as arrival)
*Finally, I completed a 'survey' on guest satisfaction which was emailed to me, outlining my problems. My stay was over two months ago and I never got a response to this !
Overall I found the hotel to be lacking in customer care, quality food, properly trained staff and decent, quiet accommodation. Stay somewhere else !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened May 1, 2005 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ardmore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ardmore Hotel Dublin