“Not A Good Hotel Experience”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #100 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Not A Good Hotel Experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Firstly, on the positives - I realise this hotel is a three star property and in fairness, the room rates are extremely competitive. The bar was also quite lively and the bar-staff were good. However, I had several problems with my stay including:
* On arrival I was offered no proper greeting by the receptionist. I presented my booking form and left my credit card on the counter for pre-auth. I was handed my key and told my room number. I was offered no information on where the bar was, the restaurant or any other hotel info
* the hotel was very quiet (even though it was a bank holiday, there were few guests) however I was given a room overlooking the busy main road. There was no a/c so I had to open the windows and even with them closed the noise made it impossible to sleep
* Room service was awful. I ordered chicken wings and the giant, rubbery, feather covered pieces that arrived were simply the worst tasting hotel meal I have ever had.
*When I came back to the hotel in the evening I ordered a sandwich to my room. This was about 1.30am. I got a call a few minutes later saying they had not pre-auth my card on arrival and I would have to come down and present my card or else pay in cash (they never offered to send anyone up to me to get my card) If I would not do this I would not get a sandwich. I had to get dressed and go down. I told the night manager I expected to speak to a Manager in the morning and that I had been served room service earlier without an issue - nobody contacted me or followed up
*breakfast was a terrible experience. I arrived into an empty restaurant (bar two guests) there was no staff - it took me over 10 minutes to find someone. When my 'cooked' breakfast arrived, it was freezing cold. I was offered no apology when I sent it back. The waitress went off and returned with the same breakfast (the cut sausage still on plate) having heated it up. They didn't even replace the food !!
*Upon check-out I was never asked how my stay was (same receptionist as arrival)
*Finally, I completed a 'survey' on guest satisfaction which was emailed to me, outlining my problems. My stay was over two months ago and I never got a response to this !

Overall I found the hotel to be lacking in customer care, quality food, properly trained staff and decent, quiet accommodation. Stay somewhere else !!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank HotelierDub
ArdmoreDublin, Front Office Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Dear Sir,
We are very sorry to hear that your experience of the Ardmore Hotel did not live up to your expectations. We do have a record of your dissatisfaction with our Nights Team and the problems encountered when charging back to your room however we were not aware of the issues which you now raise relating to our food and beverage department. I can assure you that even though it is almost two months later we will look into the issues raised. We have checked with our booking engine regarding the online survey that you mention however they are unable to trace a response relating to your booking. This is the reason that you have not heard from the hotel, we try to respond to all of our comments . Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I can assure you that someone will contact you in the immediate future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I realy enjoyed my stay in this hotel.It's a briliant value for money. The rooms are nicely decorated and very very clean. Staff is very nice : we meat the cleaning lady ,she was realy friendly and the front desk staff were very helpfull.The tall manager( we couldnt remember his name) briefed us about the best places to visit.
Breakfast was nice! We didn't have dinner,but had the lunch in the bar.Food was good.We will be back to stay again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
ArdmoreDublin, Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2010
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Ardmore Hotel. We are delighted that we met your expectations and that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive at all times. We have passed on to them your comments and they are greatly appreciated. Next time you visit Dublin we would be more than happy to accommodate you and then you could possibly try out our restaurant which offers a great variety of choices too. We hope to see you very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed in the ardmore hotel in May 2010, with some friends. I found all of the staff to be really friendly and helpful. I ate in the restaurant and the meal was delicious, they had great variety on their menu too! Its only about 15mins to the city centre on the bus and there's a bus stop literally on the door step! I will definately be staying there again when i'm next in Dublin, and would highly reccomend it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
ArdmoreDublin, Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2010
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Ardmore. Indeed, our Restaurant Menu is quite a hit with our guests and patrons. We also offer a very good value Early Bird Menu on Fridays and Saturdays! We do hope to welcome you soon again should you be in Dublin.
Galway
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed in the Ardmore with some friends on a weekend to Dublin recently and loved it.We had dinner in the bar one of the evenings and it was lovely and reasonably priced,the bar staff were great really friendly.Restaurant staff were the same when we were having breakfast which was also lovely.Reception staff were really friendly and helpful.The bus stop for the city centre was right outside the hotel which was great and we had free wifi in the room which we really appreciated.Will definitely be back to stay in the Ardmore again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
ArdmoreDublin, Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2010
Thank you for staying at the Ardmore Hotel recently and for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you soon again. During the summer months Dublin is wonderful so there is always a good reason to visit.
Washington
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We booked this as part of a package deal. Overall for the price and quality it is a good deal however, if you're looking to be near city center this ain't it! The service was great, though very few of the staff were native English speakers. The rooms were small but fairly typically for Europe, and the bus stop is literally right outside which makes access to the city convenient.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
ArdmoreDublin, Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2010
Thank you for reviewing the Ardmore Hotel after your recent stay. We are delighted that you found the service to be great across all departments and that you found the transport links to the city centre convenient. We are only a short bus ride away from town and customers can avail of these as they are very frequent. We have also introduced a variety of prepaid bus smartcards to make it easier to get into town without the need to look for a change. We do hope to welcome you soon again should you visit Dublin for business or leisure.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I stayed with my partner at the Ardmore for 2 nights after looking at the internet for a hotel with reasonable rates. There were so many to choose from but the Ardmore seemed ideal and their rates are truly unbeatable I thought it can't be true! I was not disappointed at all, to the contrary we couldn't have made a better choice! From the moment we walked in we were greeted by friendly and efficient staff. Check in was a breeze and they gave us useful information about buses and time schedules and they even had a range of bus passes available to choose from which was so good otherwise we would need to look for change all the time as bus drivers need exact change in Ireland. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and so cozy! The buses into town run very regularly and the bus stops were exactly at the hotel's doorstep too. We went into town but we opted for dinner at the hotel on our first night as we were quite tired from the early flight. The food at the restaurant was amazing, I don't think I have ever eaten so much. We then moved on to the hotel bar and that's when the smell of delicious food made me want to eat again but I was so stuffed it was impossible. Prices at the bar were very reasonable and the atmosphere was great, lots of wooden decor, gave it a modern edge without making it impersonal. And again, the staff was so friendly and always checking if we were okay for drinks. So on our second evening we tried the bar food which was simply awesome!! The best food I've eaten in a hotel!!!! Everyone from reception to bar staff were very helpful and friendly and I just wish we had stayed a few more days. Dublin was so beautiful, the hotel was perfect and 2 days just wasn't enough for me. My partner and I will definitely be back soon with a few more days to spare and we know which hotel we'll be choosing. More than great value for money, the friendliest staff and just the right distance from town and the airport!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
ArdmoreDublin, Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2010
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay at the Ardmore Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we have passed on your compliments to all members of staff as they are greatly appreciated. We do hope to welcome you again very soon!
Lincoln
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The hotel is lovely and so are the staff. the rooms are spotless and have everything you need. it was an expensive taxi journey to and from the hotel over €20. the bar serves lovely food, (I didn't eat in the restaurant in the mornings or at night, so can't comment on them). there's live bands on at the wkends till midnight and you can hear them even on the 3rd floor, so best watch them then head off to bed! the buses drop off outside the door and run very regularly, last bus back is about 11 pm from town. I had a lovely stay here and was well looked after.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
ArdmoreDublin, Management Team at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we have passed on your comments to all members of staff. As you experienced our extensive bar menu, we must note that both the food and the entertainment over the weekends are a big hit with all our guests and we are glad you had a good time. We are looking forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Dublin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
#1 of 1 in Palmerstown
Twelfth Lock Hotel
Twelfth Lock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!