Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel
Ranked #91 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“3 from 5.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Location fantastic, breakfast the best, service great, the wee brekfast bar is a gem, as is the service. Sadly the room, bathroom let the side down a wee bit. But, over all a little better than average..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Greg,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Stephens Green Travelodge. As you seen we are undergoing a soft refurbishment. I do hope you will return to us again for your next rugby trip.

Khristina Ridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Kinross, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. Really couldn't fault it. with central location and great bars and restaurants nearby it is definetly better than some of the more expensive options in Dublin area. Recommended

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
ScottM,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at Travelodge Stephens Green. It was great to meet you over the rugby weekend! My team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you again soon!

glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This Travelodge was clean and comfortable and full of character. It does not have the typical generic, bland Travelodge decor but retains the quirkiness of older hotels. I really enjoy staying in hotels which stay true to their origins.

It is in need of a lick of paint and freshen up but otherwise it was in good order. I would have marked it as "very good" instead of "average" if it hadn't been for the debacle of the pre-paid breakfast. For reasons that weren't made clear by the waiter there was very little food available. No cereals, no pastries (other than scones!), no toast and no hot food. My breakfast consisted of a drink and an apple. This was more than a little disappointing, especially as I had paid in advance and was not offered a refund.

The breakfast debacle aside, I enjoyed my one night at this Travelodge and would stay here again if I return to Dublin (but not pay for breakfast in advance!!)

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Kaspoodle,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay. I am happy to report that we are undergoing a soft refurbishment and are in the process of painting in the hotel. I would like to apologise for the restaurant not being able to serve you a hot breakfast on the morning of your departure. Myself nor my team were made aware of this issue on the day, should this have been the case we would have organised an alternative for you. I have contacted our travel support office who will be refunding you the price of the breakfast.

I do hope you will return to us in Stephens Green in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Gives the option online of booking an accessible room but you should ring the hotel to see if they have one. On arriveval at the hotel I was told that they only had one accessible room & it was occupied also accessible only meanes that you can get a wheelchair into the room none of the bathrooms have wheel-in showers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

4 Thank tthouston
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
TTHouston

Thank you for your comments. I have explained to you via e-mail, we have some accessible rooms here in Stephens Green but none have a walk in/ wheel in shower. Upon check-in my colleague noticed that the room assigned to you was smaller than you would need due to your wheelchair, thus she gave you a larger room.

I will certainly take your comments on board and look at creating a wet area in one of the bedrooms in the future.

Khristina Ridge

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here for a stag weekend, I arrived a night early so spent the previous night at the lovely Radisson, so I was not looking forward to spending a few nights here. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes the reception is small and the rooms could do with a bit of a touch up, but for the price, given its super central location, I don't think there can be many complaints. There is a cute little cafe next door where you can have a beer or coffee whilst waiting for mates, or you can take the two minute stroll to the nearest Irish pub.

For the price and location I don't think this place is a bad option at all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
GlobalGooner81

Thank you for your recent review and kind comments. Since you have been with us, our rooms are currently in the process of being cosmetically enhanced. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will return to us again, should you come back to Ireland.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed in the Dublin hotel which was very small and has hardly any reception area. Feels like you get a key to a place where there are no staff. It was a cold weekend and there was no heating on in the corridors. Neither of the two rooms had heating on for our arrival so weren't welcoming. They have a heating fan and electric heater which all takes a long time to heat the room. So we sat there for 20mins at least with hats and coats on in bed. No heating in the bathroom which is made worse by the fact it all white - has very cold floor tiles and large window with white shutters that were broken so let in cold. On day two we returned back to our room to find the cleaner had left the window open in addition to turning the heating off. Room was like an arctic fridge. In one room it had blood all up the bath. Some TVs are very small and hard to see when hanging on wall opposite. Otherwise very basic and what you would expect. It was very quite and good location. Wouldn't recommend in winter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Tracey T
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Tracey,

Thank you for your recent review. We are in the process of placing new heaters in the lift lobbies and also the corridors. I have also made a requested with housekeeping not to leave windows open in rooms where guests are staying over, no longer than the cleaning process of a room.

Khristina
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed in the Travelodge Stephen Green Dublin on Dec 20th 2013. Poor experience of the Hotel. Checked in and had to change rooms immediatly due to faulty sink taps. The next room had a broken ironing board. Headed out for the night and returned to my room to discover it had been ransacked with cash stolen. The culprit had gained access to my room with a keycard! Over two weeks later still awaiting a refund of room fee and stolen cash. Stay clear of the place. Better to pay the extra few Euro in a more secure Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank NavanMan2014
NavanMan2014

Thank you for your comments, although I do believe that your comment regarding the refund was unfair as I personally foreseen the refund to the account in which the bill was settled with a member of my staff. The delay regarding the refund reaching your account was due to issues with the Christmas banking hours which were completely out of our control. This breach of security was the first at this establishment under my management and I can guarantee that this does not occur on a regular basis in any of our properties.

I do hope you will return to us in the future so that you yourself can see that this is not the norm.

Khristina