“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #91 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Derry, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel as it was within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go & was a great base to start from & come back to, the room was clean & spacious with an iron/trouser press already in the room, the bathroom was huge compared to other hotels we've stayed in, plenty of room for the two of us to get washed & ready at the same time, the staff were very friendly & helpful with directions, the car park although not the hotels own is right beside it & was cheaper when validated by hotel, the breakfast was more than adequate from the adjoining restaurant & definitely set us up for the day, will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Moclarke,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us in Stephens Green. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Stephens Green, when planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me personally on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Kindest Regards,

Khristina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and five friends stayed here for a couple of nights whilst up watching a football match in Dublin.

We were pleasantly surprised at the slight variation of the rooms in comparison to travelodge in England/Scotland.

I stay in Travelodge regularily throughout the year and generally the rooms are carbon copies of each other however this travelodge has a slightly more rustic feel to it. You can tell the hotel was not always a travelodge but that gives it a bit more character.

We were able to check-in early thanks to the friendly and very informative general manager who gave us some advice on lunch and also on the best route to travel to the match.

The rooms were clean and check-in and check-out were completed quickly.

I would recommend for those who are looking a hotel with a great location on a budget. You definitely get value for money with the room size and hotel location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cralph17
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Cralph17

It was great to meet you and the guys on Monday and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Pity about the result (although it was in my favour) but I am sure you guys will bounce back when both the teams meet again.

As you seen we pride ourselves on delivering a fresh experience to all our guests and pride ourselves on our customer service. I do hope you will consider Travelodge Stephens Green for your next stay in Dublin.

North Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel reception staff are really nice and even checked us in early. I would defo recommend it's the perfect location rooms are clean and warm. And for the price it's spot on. Only thing is if you do a group booking on your card and there is any damages be warned the booking card will be charged! But the manager and receptionist where lovely in dealing with if refunded card and we paid by cash! But all in all I could not fault this hotel people moaning about stupid things! If was warm clean friendly perfect location and cheap!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl w
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Cheryl,

It was great to speak to you on Saturday and thank you for your comments. All groups arriving at the hotel would normally give a pre-authorisation of a credit card for any incidentals that could occur during their stay and I am glad we were able to resolve the issue. I do hope you and the rest of the ladies enjoy the upcoming wedding.

Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here on the recommendation of work colleagues rand it was a gem. The Hotel was central to everything I needed and the room was exceptional, great friendly staff, spotlessly clean, fabulous carpets, and most importantly the most comfortable bed. I would genuinely recommend this Hotel. The only downside was there was no shampoo or conditioner available, which I could have used, as had non myself, but it was not the end of the world!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay, as a local corporate your comments are important to us to further develop the team and also increases our awareness of guest needs/ expectation.

I do hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for a girly weekend in Dublin during the August bank holiday. The room was nice with an en suite. The bathroom was a little dated but it was clean. I slept very well for the two nights we stayed here.

The highlight of our stay in this travel lodge was the cafe. The decorations were incredible! They have patch work armchairs! I wish I could have one of them for my home. The breakfast was Devine!!!! I had eggy bread with fruits of the forest .... Omg it was so yummy!!!
My friend had the full iris breakfast, again it's apparently amazing, not only that they offer you a black and white pudding.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
geraldeneamyhunt

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us last year. My staff and I were delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Since your last stay we have carried out a soft refurbishment on the building. I do hope you will consider us during your next trip to Dublin.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Friendly staff beautiful room lovely en suite, better than a lot of hotels we've stayed at. Lovely cosy little tea room we had the full Irish breakfast which was to die for. Good central location - highly recommend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Gill,

Thank you for your recent review. My team and I at Stephens Green Travelodge were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the not so distant future.

Regards,

Aberdeen Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great wee Hotel in the Heart of Dublins Yuppy Qtr. The breakfast was first class, as were the Staff. Fantastic location. The Bathroom needs a wipe out and start again. Part from that it was great.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gjohnston
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
gjohnston,

It was great to meet you over the weekend. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff at Stephens Green Travelodge, we do pride ourselves on our customer service and the friendliness of our staff. We are undergoing a soft refurbishment at the moment, to which we will be turning our focus to other areas of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Regards,