Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel
Ranked #90 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were only there 2 nights but found the room clean, tidy and quiet and perfectly adequate. The staff were extremely helpful, kind and good natured. They made our stay so very easy and we thank them for that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Michael,

It was lovely to meet you during your time in Dublin. The team at Stephens Green are a real asset to the hotel and to Travelodge. We appreciate your kind words and do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I wasn't expecting great things from this hotel, I chose it mainly for it's location and very good price. However I found it was once of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is very well positioned just behind the shopping mall on Sy Stephen's Green, and round the corner from Grafton St. The rooms are well sized and everything very clean. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Travelodge hotels are good value for money, this one was good value for money and really nice to stay in.

Room Tip: Get WiFi from reception 5 Euros for 24 hours. On line from the hotel it is 12.50!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

David,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Stephens Green. My team and I were delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. As we are so centrally located we are an ideal hotel for both leisure and corporate guests.

We do hope you return to us very soon.

Khristina Ridge

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Welcoming, well equiped, convenient to city centre and universities. I attended a conference, my wife walked to museums and sights. In the middle of one way system, sat nav nearly helps. Car park is next door. Good shopping centre close by

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Richard R

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us in Travelodge Stephens Green. My team and I were delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is in perfect location for sightseeing, conferences and also shopping.
I do hope you will consider us when you come to Dublin again for another conference or even for a short break. Should you ever require another reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. You can move around the city and come back to the hotel walking, it is very convenience. The room was good, nice bed but the sheets where kind of rough. Its highly recommended if you just want to sightseeing all day and go back when you are exhausted just to sleep. However, the bathroom was awful. Everything was pretty clean but the shower was so old that when I went to open the tap and change the temperature, the knob came away in my hand and the water was a pressure jet. The second night when we came back to the room, the flush wasn't working. Luckily we were living that morning very early. By the way, free WiFi only in the reception, in the rooms you have to pay for it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Raki,

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and how convenient the hotel was to you whilst visiting tourist sights in Dublin. I do apologies regarding the bathroom issues, I know you notified my team that evening, but as we were full we could not move you to another room. Since your post we have repaired all the works in the bathroom and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I do hope you return to Dublin in the future and you will consider us again for your accommodation needs.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you're looking for a hotel that's affordable but not in the middle of the noisy Temple Bar area yet still close to all the action, this hotel is the one for you. Rooms are on the smallish side, but clean and generally comfortable. There is a real issue with a lack of water pressure in the bathroom--I'm not a picky person when it comes to hotel rooms but this bothered me as it was very noticeable, both with the shower and the toilet. The hotel is only a 10-15 min walk to many attractions and the Temple Bar area, as well as lots of great restaurants and pubs. It's quiet at night, so you can get a good night's rest. Staff are nice and the attached restaurant has a very good breakfast. Another plus--the hotel has a lift for those with mobility problems or are carrying heavy luggage.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Denise,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us in Stephens Green Travelodge. The hotel is indeed in a fantastic location in the heart of Dublin City, off Grafton Street, but also in a quiet location which secures you a good nights sleep.

I do hope you will return to the Emerald Isle once again and visit us at Stephens Green.

Khristina Ridge

Reviewed 14 March 2014

REALLY!!! Spend some more money. Room had no electric, no bulbs in lights, no soap. shower rubbish... I could go on..
On the plus side.. you can watch tv in the flats across the road through broken blinds whilst your sat on the toilet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Steven P
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Steven P

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment, your feedback is important to us at Travelodge. All our rooms do come with soap and shower supplies, so I find this upsetting and perplexing as to how they were not in your room, as my team did inspect your room prior to arrival. I understand you had an issue with lighting which one of my reception team rectified immediately for you, therefore it was not a case that the room did not have electricity. We have begun frosting all the bathroom windows that do look onto the apartments, as valued customers, such as yourself, do not approve of the blinds.

I do hope you will return to us again so that you can see this is not the standard we promote at Travelodge Stephens Green, as we strive to deliver a fresh experience to all our guests. Should you wish to return or have any other comments, please do not hesitate to contact me personally khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel as it was within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go & was a great base to start from & come back to, the room was clean & spacious with an iron/trouser press already in the room, the bathroom was huge compared to other hotels we've stayed in, plenty of room for the two of us to get washed & ready at the same time, the staff were very friendly & helpful with directions, the car park although not the hotels own is right beside it & was cheaper when validated by hotel, the breakfast was more than adequate from the adjoining restaurant & definitely set us up for the day, will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Moclarke,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us in Stephens Green. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I do look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Stephens Green, when planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me personally on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Kindest Regards,