“Clean and central hotel”

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel
Ranked #90 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am aware that this particular travelodge is to undergo a slight revamp over the next few months but I have to admit, although rooms are ever so slightly dated, they are exceptionally clean and comfortable. We (my sister and I) found the reception staff extremely welcoming and helpful. The hotel is located in a very good central location. If you are looking for a glamorous trip this is not the place for you but being a regular visitor to Dublin I can honestly say that due to the reasonable prices of this hotel and the pleasant staff and clean rooms, I will most definitely return again! Good job guys!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kay M
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Kay M,

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel. My team and I? were deligjted to read that you ladies enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is centrally located in Stephens Green, which makes it an ideal location for both the corporate & leisure traveller. As you mentioned we do hope to begin our upgrade in the not so distant future, so that we can deliver a lot more to our guests.

Should you return to Dublin, please feel free to contact me directly for a favourable rate, khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, the room was comfortable and clean. Yes it was dated but this theme was carried out throughout and was ok. The cafe attached was quirky and really lovely. Food was great great big doorstep sandwiches and fab breakfasts. All available as take away too. Coffee was good and friendly staff.
Hotel was central to every where. Concert hall, temple bar plus much more. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank dizzyelliott
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dizzyelliott,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel & it's staff. The Bell & Pot and Travelodge work together to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable experience with us. The hotel itself is not your average Travelodge, to which we will be renovating in time so that we fit the brand.

We do hope you return again when you travel back to Ireland.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the seventh Travelodge we have stayed in on a two week road trip through England, Cornwall, Wales and Ireland; by far it is the best. The room is clean and spacious with the most comfortable bed we have had so far. Yes some of the fittings are aged but the room is very liveable. We had three nights here and the room served us well. It is the only Travelodge we have stayed in with air con/heating and a hair dryer in the room. The position is a huge plus also. Such a short walk to central shopping, restaurants and cafés, Temple Bar, Dublin Castle, National Library, Trinity College, Museums and O'Connell Street. A top notch budget hotel in our opinion. Note: parking is charged.

Room Tip: Haven't seen others so can't comment. We had one facing the street on the fourth floor and i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clelly74

Clelly,

Thank you for taking the time to review Travelodge Stephens Green, my team and I appreciate your kind words. I am delighted that we were able to keep your faith in our brand and deliver a fresh experience to you and your guests.

We do hope you return to us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is nothing fancy, but my room was large, with a good shower and comfortable bed. The location was a short walk from my conference at Trinity - past nice cafes and restaurants. The first staff member who greeted me on check in was a bit rude, but everyone else I met was lovely, helpful and friendly. For the prices in Dublin I'd definitely stay here again, especially as they are renovating over the winter and so will soon have updated fittings and air conditioning.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Alison P,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Stephens Green. We do appreciate all feedback here in Travelodge, as it allows my team and I to develop and correct any errors which the guests note. We are hoping to replace the air-conditioning in November/ December as it will involve extensive work.

I do hope you will return to us in future and I look forward to welcoming you again. Should you return please fell free to contact me directly for the best rate possible on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I came up from County Wexford to see a production at the National Concert Hall ('Kathleen Ferrier - My Life in Music' with Raphaela Mangan, Contralto, and Nigel Kinsella, Piano. It was excellent only Raphaela is a mezzo-soprano. Ferrier had a glorious contralto voice - perhaps the best ever heard. No matter). Anyway, we wanted somewhere central to stay. We certainly found it at Travelodge, St Stephen's Green.

As you may gather, we aren't young (we had our wedding photos taken in St Stephen's Green 45 years ago) and maybe a bit demanding so far so far as good service, cleanliness and quiet are concerned. I checked out the reviews on this site and could accept that, being so central, there would be traffic noise. But what I did like is the way the management tries to respond to comments, both positive and negative. This shows to me that they actually care what their clients tell them and, if there are rectifiable problems, do something about them. More on that at the end of this review.

We arrived on a hot July afternoon and had to take our place behind a queue of visiting European school children. This worried us a bit, anticipating possible high jinks and shennanigans in the corridor late at night. The helpful staff member at the desk (sorry - didn't note your name) was reassuring. In the event we need not have worried. We never heard a peep. And in the morning when we met the group and their leaders coming out of the lift they were charming and bid Mrs TT and me 'good morning'. Well, I hope they had as nice a visit to Dublin as we did.

We were given a room at the end of a corridor on the 2nd floor, so no disturbance from fellow guests. Yes, we heard some traffic, but it didn't really bother us. Their little restaurant is great fun and we enjoyed our breakfast. Excellent coffee.

The car park is immediately next door, and as there is a canopy over the pavement we wouldn't have got wet if it had been raining.

As to value - you would pay at least double what we did in central London, and more than double for parking. I know, as I was a doctor in London for 30 years.

So all in all, this is a place to be recommended, even for retired old fogeys like us (the lifts are good - but we don't use them preferring to leave them for people who are less mobile)

Now the gripes - there was no plug for the wash basin, and the loo seat was wobbly. No doubt the management will have those fixed in a jiffy. And I have complained far more bitterly about other establishments in other reviews. So well done staff and management at Travelodge St Stephen's Green.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridor if you are worried about disturbance from other guests
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tomtiger

Tomtiger,

Thank you for your recent comment and it was lovely to greet you and your wife upon arrival. I am delighted to read you not only enjoyed your stay at the hotel but that you enjoyed the concert also, as I know you both had been looking forward to it. We do try to accommodate/ anticipate all guests needs in the hotel, and offer a range of different rooms to suit all needs. I was delighted to see that you did not have any noise issues whilst with us. Thank you for pointing out the small maintenance issues for the bathroom, they have been corrected. As for the bath plugs, it is something I will consider as Travelodge do not have bath plugs in the rooms, normally got on request.

I do hope you both will return to our hotel in future, please fell free to contact me for the best rate possible on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 19 July 2014

St Stephen's Green Travelodge is perfect for any tourist who wishes to be right in the centre of everything. So many of the top tourist attractions are within a 15 minute walk and the Hotel is also very near St Stephens Green where all of the tour buses stop.

The Hotel itself is very outdated. Our first room was very dusty and the bathroom was certainly not to the standard I expect from Travelodge. When I tried to have my first shower, the shower head fell off and hit my head...I did manage to turn the shower off but by this point the bathroom was essentially flooded from top to bottom. We called Reception and the gentleman was very helpful and moved us rooms however, as it took about 20 minutes for them to allocate us another room, we were in turn late for an appointment.

I also noted that whoever had made the beds did not appear to know how to make them properly as the minute I climbed into my bed, the sheet lifted, as did my friends, as we both had to get out and sort them ourselves. I have never had this problem in any other Travelodge.

Overall, the location and staff at the Hotel are definitely what I would expect but the horrible state of rooms let the Hotel down a lot.

Unsure if I will return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicnak_xo

Nicnak,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at Travelodge Stephens Green. We appreciate all customer feedback as it allows us to grow and develop our customer service skills. I do apologise for the issues you encountered when you stayed with us, I can guarantee you this is not the normal operating procedures of the hotel. The hotel was fully booked on the day you arrived, therefore it took us a little longer to allocate you a new room, and I know that the receptionist on duty did try to resolve the issue as quick as possible. I have spoken to the housekeeping department and we have began retraining the staff.

I do hope you will return to us so that I can show you this is not the normal occurrence of the hotel. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff, full Irish breakfast a must. Close to Grafton St., Luas, buses, 5 minute walk to River Liffey and O'Connell St., good value for money. Only negative, café/bar closes early but not really a problem given the café/bars that are nearby.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eireannach46

Eireannach,

It was fantastic to meet you whilst you were in Dublin and thank you for your recent glowing review on the hotel. My team and I strive to delivery excellent customer service and a fresh experience to all our guests. As we do not own the restaurant, I have passed your comments regarding The Bell & Pot to their new manager, whom I am sure will take all feedback on board.

I do look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again and please feel free to contact me for a preferential rate on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie