Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
US$297
US$232
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$203
US$187
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$258
US$250
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hotelleap carddublin city centrebus stopbed was comfortablestayed here for nightscomfortable stayshort staytemple barlidlmodabusespubsstopsstephens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

... Although it was satisfactory for a travelodge overall.

Location - near enough to city, but would need to get a taxi. It has a busy road with a mcD, Starbucks, pharmacies, supermarkets (aldi/lidl), not a great area however, a few dodgy people waking around in the evening. More takeaways than restaurants.

Continental breakfast in the morning - coffee was awful! The corridors stank of stale smoke even though it's a non smoking hotel!

The best thing about it was the room (thank god). Clean, big for the cheap price, but very 'travelodge'.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank IndyS83
michellemanager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hi IndySunner,

Thank you for writing your recent review on Travelodge Rathmines.

We appreciate all your comments regarding your stay with us which will enable us to improve our quality for future staying guests.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here only because the Travelodge in Stephens Green double booked me. A taxi was paid for me to go to the sister property in Rathmines. Only 15min walk to Grafton St. Reception area needs a lick of paint or new lighting to make it more inviting. I was given Room 214, overlooking the road. The traffic noise was slightly louder than I would like but nothing too annoying. However what was annoying, was the slight flicker the lights would get every now and then, the TV even turned off at one point. Room was very clean and tidy. Bed was quite comfy, if the pillows were a little flat. Bathroom was small, with a small shower cubicle that only had a shower curtain that kept sticking to me whenever I raised my hands. It also left puddles of water on the floor when I was done.

Very well located for Dublin city, and Dundrum Town Centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hi Troyman 100,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We appreciate both your positive and constructive comments which enable us to improve our quality.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel was in a great location in Rathmines, the receptionist was extremely professional and friendly, however, the double room we stayed in was a real let down, so dreary and drab, overall a neglected feeling about the place, the mattress on the bed was soo lumpy and thin, the pillows were really flat and uncomfortable, we got up really early and left the hotel the next morning as it proved impossible to sleep in such an uncomfortable bed, apart from the location, this hotel has nothing going for it, and l definately will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KildareZiggy

Hi KildareZiggy,

I am sorry to read your recent review on our property.

I would like you to private message me the details of your stay so I can investigate this further.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Comfortable, budget hotel. Located in Rathmines which has a lot of cafés and is pleasant to walk around. It takes about half an hour to walk into the city of Dublin.

Perfect for a budget stay, but not if you are looking for luxury.

Room Tip: Family rooms are available by request? Room 319 is quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank anita s
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hi Anita s,

Thank for for your positive review.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed in this place and it was £149 for a room which I was lucky to get due to high demand but which didn't include breakfast or car parking. I know it is a budget hotel but this was not a budget price I have paid less for 5 star hotels albeit not in Europe.The reception staff were definitely nice I couldn't fault them at all; its just the place is dreary and looks downmarket in the entrance but I have to say in its favor it is very well located in relation to going to Grafton street,Stephens Green etc.I didn't have breakfast but I understand that it was extremely poor.The car parking cost me an additional 6 Euros. I know that this was a very busy weekend in Dublin and normal price would probably be a third of this which would be OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank heggers

Hi Heggers,

Thank for taking time out to write this review.

We appreciate both your constructive and positive feedback.

For future bookings especially on weekends with high demand I would advise to book as far out in advance in order to obtain the cheapest possible rates.