All reviews budget hotel leap card dublin city centre bus stop stayed here for nights room was spotless twin room would stay again tea and coffee temple bar lidl buses moda pubs stops concert
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed for valentines weekend with 2 other couples. Rooms were very basic and need updating/replacing. Our bed was dipped on one side and all the slates underneath were broken so we paid for a double room but only had a single bed which had a blood stain on the duvet which we realised the morning we left. The windows stated there was restrictions but these could open very wide and wide enough for someone to fall out. All of the electric boxes in our rooms were left open and exposed and the electrics in the bathroom didn't have any case on it. Room 304 was a ridiculous design for the bathroom. A wall infront of the toilet which means you have to sit sideways!!!! And for a 6ft 6 boyfriend this was very difficult.

Overall okay but don't expect too much. It's cheap and that's what you get in return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rebekah E
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Before going into detail, I have to say that for a hotel which cost us an average of £31 per night, this is very good value. We stayed 25-28th January 2014.

We arrived much earlier than we expected at 13:00. With check-in advertised as not available until 15:00 we phoned to ask if there was any chance we could check-in earlier. The staff member was very obliging and she said she could let us check-in at 13:30. Early check-in has to be paid for according to the website; however, we were not charged for this and so it was pretty excellent service! During our stay all the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a little way out of the city but we didn't find that to be an inconvenience - it was quite nice to walk around and gave us an opportunity to have a good look at the restaurants and shops. And there are some superb places to eat nearby (breakfast or dinner) that you can walk to in seconds.

Now the room - it was a twin room. The room was a good size. Decent sized TV and a working kettle with tea/coffee etc. Beds were slightly uncomfortable - mine felt as though it was on a slant when I lay down on it. The room hadn't been thoroughly vacuumed as there were bits on the floor, especially towards corners, and there was a noticeable layer of dust on one of the bedside tables. The bathroom itself was spacious, and yet the shower was tiny! We found it difficult to shower properly in that tiny cubicle. Standard of cleanliness in the bathroom was good. The temperature was a problem. The weather was extremely chilly anyway but the room seemed to always be cold. The window was open when we arrived and it evidently had a fault because it didn't fully close, which meant there was a constant draught and a lot of noise at night when trying to sleep.

Big downside is the wifi - it is costly (cafes and shops on the same street offer free wifi) and the signal was appalling in our room. I had to sit on the floor right by the door to get a signal.

As I said at the beginning, though, this hotel cost us very little so we felt we could excuse these irritations whilst we were there. Personally, I would recommend this hotel if you're on a budget and if you're not the sort that likes to spend most of the day in your room. I would stay there again if it remains this cheap.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Declan H
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Declan H

Thank you for your recent comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in Travelodge Rathmines. I am delighted to announce that we are rolling out a new venture regarding our wifi in the next coming weeks.

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Khristina Ridge

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked the room via a third party website (Laterooms) for 61 Euro. When we arrived we were informed we were now being charged 81 Euro!! They hadn't sent us a booking confirmation - I'd rang that day to confirm the booking had gone through. Didn't realise I had to double check the price! To make it worse, if we'd booked it that day it would've been 45 Euro.. The receptionist was rude, unhelpful and refused to fix the mistake. When we asked to speak to the manager he told us "there isn't one." We were simply given the choice at 7pm on a Saturday night in Dublin to pay up or they would be taking the money anyway as they had our card details! So we were forced to stay in a cold cramped Travelodge room for double price we'd have paid if we'd walked in off the street (and that wasn't including parking or breakfast)... We could've stayed in the Hilton half a mile up the road for cheaper. So when you're booking to stay here.. (or any Travelodge) bear in mind they can charge what everythey like when you get there! On top of that, the place was grimy, cold and dirty. I understand mistakes can happen, especially when booking through a third party.. however when I phoned Laterooms to work out what happened, I was informed the mistake could've been easily rectified by the receptionist but he was simply being difficult. I know you "get what you pay for" but I wasn't expecting to pay more than initially agreed. I'm happy to accept "no frills" but I didn't appreciate the addition of a stained bathroom, dirty hall way and bars over the windows. Nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hchamilton
Khristina R, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear hchamilton

I have contacted Laterooms directly who have told me that they did issue you with a confirmation of the reservation when the booking was made and after reviewing your transcripts none of the Laterooms staff commented on the receptionist at the desk being able to rectify the matter. The rate of €81 which you agreed upon when making your booking was the correct rate for the day in question, and reflects the commissions that need to be paid to third party booking engines. Our staff in Rathmines are known for being courteous and friendly, to which a member of the team did give you complimentary parking as a gesture of good will.

If you do have the confirmation showing that the rate should be lower, please e-mail me a copy of this directly to khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie and I will personally ensure that you will receive a refund.

Kindest Regards,

Khristina Ridge

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Okay the rooms are a bit basic but this hotel offers great value for money as it's close to the city centre. Our room was spacious, clean and warm! The staff were very attentive when needed. We also got to leave our bags and cases in the hotel six hours after our check out as our flight home wasn't until late in the evening. Cheap and cheerful :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kelly982
michellemanager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Hi Kelly982,

Thank you for this very positive review.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you ound our product to be great value for money.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend with my partner.
The hotel was a bit further out than we hoped, its very easy to walk in to town as its one big main road that leads in. But the walk takes about 25 minutes, which the website does not say!

The staff were very very friendly, even the poor buggers doing the night shift managed to be friendly when we strolled in at 4am.

The room was not great to be honest. Mix matched furniture, all a bit old and shoddy. Our window view was block by a roof and it could of been a bit cleaner.

I wouldn't go back next time but it was okay for what we paid. I recommend people look at hotels in the Temple Bar location before this one. That is the perfect location for everything, especially the cute little Irish bars.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi RyanP19,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read you found our staff to be friendly as this is very important to us here in Travelodge.

It is disappointing to read some of your other comments but these comments will help us improve our business so thank you.