All reviews budget hotel leap card dublin city centre bus stop stayed here for nights room was spotless twin room would stay again tea and coffee temple bar lidl buses moda pubs stops concert
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is not as close to the city centre as it claims.....it is at least an 8euro taxi ride. On arrival we went to our room to freshen up, started the shower ( which was a very old model not temperature controlled , just set on the bath taps) climbed into the bath a started to wash. Suddenly the water turned scalding hot, I rushed to the end of the bath to climb out but before I could get out the water had scalded my legs. We asked for a member of staff to come and sort out the problem....which he did...and seeing how badly my legs were burnt , changed our room and filled out an accident form....putting our old room ' out of order' promising that the manager, who was off until Monday, would call us as soon as she was back at work.......that didn't happen. We also noted in the hotel there are no plugs in the wash basins , a fire door on our landing was permanently wedges open , the whole hotel seems to be in a very poor state, but I must say the aparat from the manager the other staff that we dealt with we're very nice .......as I said a ship with no captain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayne J
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel is good enough for a night or 2 with friends. I wouldn't pick this hotel for me and my girlfriend to stay at but with friends for a night out in Dublin it is adequate. Not too far from Temple Bar. Taxis are quite expensive though. Cost about €70 from airport to hotel.
Rooms are spacious, not exactly modern but like I said, we were there to go out on the town and use it as a place to leave bags and have a few hours sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Budget Hotel in a nice and quiet area not too far from City Center; very helpful staff; various restaurants & supermarket close by, bus stop at the doorstep. Rooms a Little small but ok for a few days

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is grim! The service was slow from what could only be described as emotionless drones. There is NOT wifi available in this hotel at all. The room I stayed in smelt like a smoker had been living in there, the beds were old and smaller than average single beds and the bathroom was poorly laid out as well making the toilet difficult to use.

The hotel states it is City Centre but that is an exaggeration; you can however take buses into town straight outside costing between €1.80 and €3.50 depending on the time of day and where you're going. After a night out the walk home took about 30mins.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stuie86
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed for valentines weekend with 2 other couples. Rooms were very basic and need updating/replacing. Our bed was dipped on one side and all the slates underneath were broken so we paid for a double room but only had a single bed which had a blood stain on the duvet which we realised the morning we left. The windows stated there was restrictions but these could open very wide and wide enough for someone to fall out. All of the electric boxes in our rooms were left open and exposed and the electrics in the bathroom didn't have any case on it. Room 304 was a ridiculous design for the bathroom. A wall infront of the toilet which means you have to sit sideways!!!! And for a 6ft 6 boyfriend this was very difficult.

Overall okay but don't expect too much. It's cheap and that's what you get in return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends