All reviewsbudget hotelleap carddublin city centrebus stopstayed here for nightsroom was spotlesstwin roomwould stay againtemple barlidlbusesmodapubsstopsconcert
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a lovely friendly hotel in Dublin not far from the city centre. We would definately come here to stay again as even though it was cheap, it didn't look or seem cheap. The staff are lovely and if there is a problem at any time it gets resolved immediately. If you get a taxi from the airport then you get ripped off and charged double what it should be, flag one down in the street or get 2 buses. Also all buses in Dublin only take exact change, so either keep coins to use or use the tourist bus shops around, u would save yourself a lot by getting family tickets. People in the shops, on buses, local taxis, well everywhere really were so lovely, we never had any problems and we were party of 4 women. Can work out quite expensive due to the Euro, but you can spend minimal too. Had a lovely Chinese meal along the road just past the travelodge, come out and turn right, and then go to the pub near, really welcoming. Can't fault Travelodge or Dublin, a great time was had by all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Corina M
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear CorinaM,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in the Travelodge Rathmines and found the staff both friendly and helpful.
I will ensure to pass all your comments on to the team who I am sure will find your comments very motivating.

We do hope to welcome you back to Dublin in the near future.

Regards,

Claire O'Mahony

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is not as close to the city centre as it claims.....it is at least an 8euro taxi ride. On arrival we went to our room to freshen up, started the shower ( which was a very old model not temperature controlled , just set on the bath taps) climbed into the bath a started to wash. Suddenly the water turned scalding hot, I rushed to the end of the bath to climb out but before I could get out the water had scalded my legs. We asked for a member of staff to come and sort out the problem....which he did...and seeing how badly my legs were burnt , changed our room and filled out an accident form....putting our old room ' out of order' promising that the manager, who was off until Monday, would call us as soon as she was back at work.......that didn't happen. We also noted in the hotel there are no plugs in the wash basins , a fire door on our landing was permanently wedges open , the whole hotel seems to be in a very poor state, but I must say the aparat from the manager the other staff that we dealt with we're very nice .......as I said a ship with no captain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayne J
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel is good enough for a night or 2 with friends. I wouldn't pick this hotel for me and my girlfriend to stay at but with friends for a night out in Dublin it is adequate. Not too far from Temple Bar. Taxis are quite expensive though. Cost about €70 from airport to hotel.
Rooms are spacious, not exactly modern but like I said, we were there to go out on the town and use it as a place to leave bags and have a few hours sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Budget Hotel in a nice and quiet area not too far from City Center; very helpful staff; various restaurants & supermarket close by, bus stop at the doorstep. Rooms a Little small but ok for a few days

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is grim! The service was slow from what could only be described as emotionless drones. There is NOT wifi available in this hotel at all. The room I stayed in smelt like a smoker had been living in there, the beds were old and smaller than average single beds and the bathroom was poorly laid out as well making the toilet difficult to use.

The hotel states it is City Centre but that is an exaggeration; you can however take buses into town straight outside costing between €1.80 and €3.50 depending on the time of day and where you're going. After a night out the walk home took about 30mins.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends