“Excellent”

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
Ranked #96 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very clean and staff very friendly
Had bus stop outside location so was easy to get to places in Dublin ! Without the need to take your car! Would use this hotel again ! Great value for money would recommend this hotel to any one looking for a place to stay on Dublin

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Kers706,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your stay was great value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Rathmines in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been here now for 4 nights and it was not by choice as my company had booked me in and everywhere else was full or very expensive due to the one direction concert.
The bed is uncountable and the pillows are as thin as a wafer.
This place is very dated and needs a major refurb, so do not look at the pictures that the hotel has added as you will be very disappointed.
Breakfast time here is a sham, and you will be better off going out into the street to one of the many cafe's as the so called restaurant has only 4 tables and dry limited continental breakfast. You need to book a time slot and if you miss it, well good luck.
I needed to leave for work at 7.15am during the week and 10am on Sunday, however breakfast starts at 7.30 weekdays and 8.30am Saturday and 9am Sunday. What stupid times and these are not mentioned when you book online and breakfast needs to be booked and payed at time of booking. I missed 3 of my breakfast's due to it's late start.
This hotel advertises that it is city centre, don't be fooled as it is €13 each way, so nearly an extra €30 on top of the hotel rate, so add this to a hotel city centre and it would be cheaper and nicer elsewhere.

Room Tip: €13 taxi to City Centre each way so add €30 to the price of the hotel and look for somewhere closer...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt A

Dear mattarm33_11,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

In response to your comments on breakfast times, We serve breakfast from 7.30am however we are more than happy to oblige and serve breakfast that bit earlier for our guests. I am unclear from your comments as to whether or not this was requested?

In terms of the location, we are located just 2km from Grafton Street and Stephens Green Area and have a bus stop directly opposite the hotel which operates over 5 services every 4 minutes to these areas.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly with more feedback on experience of breakfast. My email is claire.omahony@travelodge.ie.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we arrived in the late afternoon of May 15th 2014 without any reservations we were greeted in a very kind and considerate manner by Miss. Claire O'Mahony, the hotel manager. She made sure we had everything we needed from a place off site to park our car to giving us the Wifi pass codes. She even offered to help us bring in our luggage. We were most grateful for her friendly assistance and glad we found a welcoming place to stay on our last night in Ireland before heading back to the USA.

Room Tip: Reserve early
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robinsnest48

Dear Robinsnest48,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us here in Travelodge Rathmines and it was an enjoyable end to your trip.

We do hope to welcome you back to Dublin again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed at Travelodge in Dublin. my stay was very plesent and could not fault the staff or service. The staff were helpful, and if I ask them for any thing they were prompt and delivering. My room was clean and of a good size when i arrived at Traveloddge they asked me if I wanted a room at the front or back of hotel, witrh or without a shower, which I thought was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear ElaineM,

Thank you for your kind respond. I am delighted to read that you found the staff both helpful and efficient and that your rooms was to your satisfaction.

I will ensure to pass on your comments on to the team who I am confident will find very motivating.

We hope to welcome you back to the Travelodge Rathmines in near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

For one night it's not bad because you can get a good price in the middle of the week. For a couple trip <3 your neighbors will be not happy Thin walls not , and not very romantic room. Opposite a hotel you can eat in the best place ever "Jo burger"

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C

Dear CarolC.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you found value for money for your stay and that you enjoyed one of the many restaurants in the area.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Travelodge Rathmines in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 1:30 am, our room let in lots of light through the window and the heating system was not working was
We had to find solution to cover the light coming in abundance in the room.
The next day we left by 7:30 am, and spent 1 day and a half from the hotel called us to say that we had to pay an extra night because we leave the messy room , threatened us who called police to the hotel manager .
It's a nasty situation and that a hotel should not treat customers well .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gilberto89
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It is clear the hotel could do with a facelift / upgrade more in line with the new look travelodge's one finds on ones travels especially in the UK. The mattresses as a previous reviewer has highlighted you can actually feel the boniness of the springs. Identifying and replacing those that are well worn is something the Travelodge can easily rectify. The stainless steel lift doors need a good clean then treated with baby oil or equivalent then buffed as it is looking pretty shabby. Having said that there is a lot of positives in regard to the Travelodge in Rathmines. The location is around 1.5 miles outside the city centre but it could easily be bang in the middle as the numerous bus routes that pass the hotel is very good. In fact in the many hotels I have stayed in this one must be the closest to a bus stop I have ever stayed in literally 2 metres outside the front door just perfect for getting in and out of the city. It is also situated very close to lots of amenities shops, cafés, cinema, swimming pool and probably the best Burger place in Dublin Jo Burger. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was large and light at the front of the hotel adjacent to the Main Street. When the windows are closed it reduces the street sound significantly. Unfortunately the bed was not made on our 2nd night as it was still unmade on our return later that day. I am a big fan of travelodge's because they are affordable with just the right standard of amenities necessary for a comfortable stay. To get a room in Dublin on Easter weekend at less than 50 Euros a night (saver rate booked well in advance) is pretty good in any ones book. This hotel would of got 5 stars because it ticks many tourist boxes very well but the general tiredness of the hotel reduces that score. I hope travelodge give it their modern refurb because it would become a definate 5 star all round in my book.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear AndrewS,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you felt you received value for money and that you found the staff friendly and helpful.
It is great to see that you enjoyed some of many local amenities in the area and found the location convenient.

I can assure you that I have taken all your comments on board and we have looked in to the mattress in your room.

We do hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Rathmines.