“Ideal location for business in city centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
Ranked #102 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Ideal location for business in city centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and informative. I found the rates to be very competitive and the rooms were in excellent condition. It is a pity that they don't have their own restaurant, however the availability of so much choice in the Rathmines and Ranelagh area more than make up for this. Transport to the city centre is literally outside the door, but I would advise people to walk as it is a short and pleasant stroll.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear StephenO,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you found the staff both friendly and informative and found that you received value for money.
Yes we are ideally located in Rathmines area with plenty of restaurants, bars and shop to choose from.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Claire O'Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here as it offered secure parking for our motorbikes,location had some nice bars close by,and a good cafe for brekkie a stone's throw away as they didn't do it? Or it was way more expensive can't remember anyway the rooms were clean spacious a bit basic but hey we just wanted to get our heads down after a long ride.no frills but did the trick.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AdyS,

Thank you for your review of Travelodge Rathmines. I am delighted to read you your stay with us and enjoyed the local amenities,

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was small with a double bed which almost filled the room. Room and bathroom were basic but clean. Lighting in the room wasn't great. Main issue was the carpark which is located at the back of the hotel and shares with the apartments. When we arrived at the hotel there was no one at the front desk. We saw the electric gate to the carpark open and so drove in and parked in one of the designated spaces (which aren't all together). We then couldn't get out of the carpark and so after ringing the hotel several times a staff member came out and opened the gate. He was extremely rude and reprimanded us for parking without going into the hotel for the key. I advised we were short on time and the desk was unattended. He advised there was a sign saying he would be back in 5 minutes and seemed to think this justified it. I find it ridiculous that you should abandon your car and wait at the front desk for someone to return and let you into the carpark!! Also he was rude in advising me that I needed to pay for the caprark. I was aware I had to pay and had no issue with this. Also after checking out I was given the key/control for the carpark and then after driving out I had to go back into the hotel with this, meaning if I was alone I would have had to abandon my car to do this!

The one bit of good service was from the man at the front desk when we returned from our night out who got some ketchup for my friend (for her chips) from the kitchen!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MirianAK.

Thank you for your review. It is great to see that you found your room clean and that night porter was accommodating.

I am however disappointed to read about your encounter with the receptionist and would be grateful if could contact me with more information regarding this.

My email address is Claire.omahony@travelodge.ie.

Co Tyrone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very clean and staff very friendly
Had bus stop outside location so was easy to get to places in Dublin ! Without the need to take your car! Would use this hotel again ! Great value for money would recommend this hotel to any one looking for a place to stay on Dublin

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kers706,

Thank you for your kind review. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your stay was great value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Rathmines in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been here now for 4 nights and it was not by choice as my company had booked me in and everywhere else was full or very expensive due to the one direction concert.
The bed is uncountable and the pillows are as thin as a wafer.
This place is very dated and needs a major refurb, so do not look at the pictures that the hotel has added as you will be very disappointed.
Breakfast time here is a sham, and you will be better off going out into the street to one of the many cafe's as the so called restaurant has only 4 tables and dry limited continental breakfast. You need to book a time slot and if you miss it, well good luck.
I needed to leave for work at 7.15am during the week and 10am on Sunday, however breakfast starts at 7.30 weekdays and 8.30am Saturday and 9am Sunday. What stupid times and these are not mentioned when you book online and breakfast needs to be booked and payed at time of booking. I missed 3 of my breakfast's due to it's late start.
This hotel advertises that it is city centre, don't be fooled as it is €13 each way, so nearly an extra €30 on top of the hotel rate, so add this to a hotel city centre and it would be cheaper and nicer elsewhere.

Room Tip: €13 taxi to City Centre each way so add €30 to the price of the hotel and look for somewhere closer...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt A
Dear mattarm33_11,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

In response to your comments on breakfast times, We serve breakfast from 7.30am however we are more than happy to oblige and serve breakfast that bit earlier for our guests. I am unclear from your comments as to whether or not this was requested?

In terms of the location, we are located just 2km from Grafton Street and Stephens Green Area and have a bus stop directly opposite the hotel which operates over 5 services every 4 minutes to these areas.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly with more feedback on experience of breakfast. My email is claire.omahony@travelodge.ie.

Claire O'Mahony

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

When we arrived in the late afternoon of May 15th 2014 without any reservations we were greeted in a very kind and considerate manner by Miss. Claire O'Mahony, the hotel manager. She made sure we had everything we needed from a place off site to park our car to giving us the Wifi pass codes. She even offered to help us bring in our luggage. We were most grateful for her friendly assistance and glad we found a welcoming place to stay on our last night in Ireland before heading back to the USA.

Room Tip: Reserve early
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robinsnest48
Dear Robinsnest48,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us here in Travelodge Rathmines and it was an enjoyable end to your trip.

We do hope to welcome you back to Dublin again in the future.

Regards,

Scootland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed at Travelodge in Dublin. my stay was very plesent and could not fault the staff or service. The staff were helpful, and if I ask them for any thing they were prompt and delivering. My room was clean and of a good size when i arrived at Traveloddge they asked me if I wanted a room at the front or back of hotel, witrh or without a shower, which I thought was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear ElaineM,

Thank you for your kind respond. I am delighted to read that you found the staff both helpful and efficient and that your rooms was to your satisfaction.

I will ensure to pass on your comments on to the team who I am confident will find very motivating.

We hope to welcome you back to the Travelodge Rathmines in near future.