“Clean with good service”

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
Ranked #96 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff make this hotel as they are friendly and professional with good knowledge of attractions. rooms are clean and basic with good. Wi-Fi signal. The location is ideal for city centre location. will definitely return. Try cafe moda for breakfast it is really reasonable and good food.

• Stayed: March 2014
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear bump123ad,

Thank you for your review of Travelodge Rathmines. I am delighted to read your found the staff both Friendly & Professional. Also that you found your room to be clean and the facilities up to standard.

We hope to Welcome you back in the near futire.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have already traveled with Travelodge in UK and Ireland. I have experienced a problem with the sink in the bathroom at my arrival; the professional team moved me in another room, as to restore the proper functioning of the sink. All the team has been very profesisonal and accomodating for the whole stay. I will definetly keep on considering Travelodge as an excellent solution for short of long stay.
Andrea

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
ClaireOMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Bluedepth.

Thank you for your review of Travelodge Rathmines. It is great to read that you would be happy to return. I am also delighted to read you found the staff both professional and accommodating, I will ensure to pass on your comments to the team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A terrible bed with a worn-out mattress, 'w' shaped though over-use. I could feel every spring. Burns in the carpet. Shower delivered only cold water. Duvet v. heavy and hot. 2 miles from city centre. Clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel, have stayed at Travelodge in the past, so know it's budget hotel and thats fine, but this hotel, term hotel has to used loosely, should be avoided.

Firstly where did I go wrong, I didn't read reviews. I needed hotel for one night, wasn't interested in pools gyms etc so opted for budget hotel in what I thought was a good location, with parking (as avertised) and a breakfast.

I arrived enquired about parking, no parking available, only 9 spaces, all used, that was my fault as I didn't phone to enquire if the spaces were available...see I stupidly just read the information on the web site...silly me.

The hotel sits above an Aldi store and fronts onto the main Rathmines Road. I expected normal street noise, after all it is Rathmines, and it was nice to be there in the centre of things, however, the delivery truck arriving at Aldi at 5am, I didn't expect that.

The Breakfast, I like continental breakfast, I would have liked the continental discribed to me by the website and staff but alas, I 'm not too sure I have the english to describe what was presented but it is a sad inditment on the Irish hospitality industry if what I got could be described as a continental breakfast, the nearest it got to the continent was the euro coins in my pocket

The room itself was clean, compact but adequate, a little worse for ware but what I expected so had no issue with that.

Considering the price paid for a few euro more I think there is much better in Dublin, including Travelodges other hotels and of course some much cheaper if you are prepared to be a little less central.

This could be a really great little hotel, but its not

Instant coffee.....continental breakfast....I don't think so....shame on you Travelodge on guests who have paid up front

Room Tip: Rear of hotel or different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Skintown
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and informative. I found the rates to be very competitive and the rooms were in excellent condition. It is a pity that they don't have their own restaurant, however the availability of so much choice in the Rathmines and Ranelagh area more than make up for this. Transport to the city centre is literally outside the door, but I would advise people to walk as it is a short and pleasant stroll.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear StephenO,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you found the staff both friendly and informative and found that you received value for money.
Yes we are ideally located in Rathmines area with plenty of restaurants, bars and shop to choose from.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here as it offered secure parking for our motorbikes,location had some nice bars close by,and a good cafe for brekkie a stone's throw away as they didn't do it? Or it was way more expensive can't remember anyway the rooms were clean spacious a bit basic but hey we just wanted to get our heads down after a long ride.no frills but did the trick.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear AdyS,

Thank you for your review of Travelodge Rathmines. I am delighted to read you your stay with us and enjoyed the local amenities,

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was small with a double bed which almost filled the room. Room and bathroom were basic but clean. Lighting in the room wasn't great. Main issue was the carpark which is located at the back of the hotel and shares with the apartments. When we arrived at the hotel there was no one at the front desk. We saw the electric gate to the carpark open and so drove in and parked in one of the designated spaces (which aren't all together). We then couldn't get out of the carpark and so after ringing the hotel several times a staff member came out and opened the gate. He was extremely rude and reprimanded us for parking without going into the hotel for the key. I advised we were short on time and the desk was unattended. He advised there was a sign saying he would be back in 5 minutes and seemed to think this justified it. I find it ridiculous that you should abandon your car and wait at the front desk for someone to return and let you into the carpark!! Also he was rude in advising me that I needed to pay for the caprark. I was aware I had to pay and had no issue with this. Also after checking out I was given the key/control for the carpark and then after driving out I had to go back into the hotel with this, meaning if I was alone I would have had to abandon my car to do this!

The one bit of good service was from the man at the front desk when we returned from our night out who got some ketchup for my friend (for her chips) from the kitchen!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MirianAK.

Thank you for your review. It is great to see that you found your room clean and that night porter was accommodating.

I am however disappointed to read about your encounter with the receptionist and would be grateful if could contact me with more information regarding this.

My email address is Claire.omahony@travelodge.ie.