Citi Hostels
US$217
US$198
US$270
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$321
US$274
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have just returned after a two nights stay and I can safely say I have had no sleep what so ever.
We had to stay here as our original booking had been cancelled at short notice and because it was cheap. I know you get what you pay for but I have stayed in much nicer hostels for the same price.
The hostel reminded me of a scene from the film taken. There weren't enough security lockers so in a 16 person dorme your belongings were not safe. There was mould on the walls and the ceiling in the showers leaked from the showers/ toilets on the floor above! I think the hostel was used to by crime gangs and illegal immigrants rather than the usual genuine travelers! Sleep with one eye open! The rooms were dark dingy and stunk of sweat!
The staff gave a very good welcome and were fair with customers and didn't take any rubbish from some idiots that were staying there which was good. On the upside the kitchen was very clean with free tea coffee cereal and toast.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not in a huge dorm
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went to Dublin to study, and Citi Hostel has a partnership with the school, so we stayed there.
On the second day, we bought bedding, because they were in our room were not changed for a long time.
We were with heavy bags, and stayed on the top floor. To get there we had to go through a maze of stairways and corridors with people very weird.
There isn´t a friendly place, but if you want an experience that is a cheap hostel, can serve.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The location is not very good, it took us ages to talk anywhere but was advertised as being close to the main attractions, The rooms were clean but very very basic which i understand because it was cheap. However the staff were rude, the showers were freezing cold and unusable, the lock on our door was broken, I felt f=very unsafe. We were put in the side building which was unmanned. I have since stayed in Dublin elsewhere and had a much better experience

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eleni B
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hostel is no great shakes with a basic room with a bed and a duvet which is rolled up on the bed. I was there in August and was fortunate enough not to be disturbed by noise. Many cafes are close by with some really lovely Irish breakfasts. Close to the river, close to the oldest district and most entertaining district of Temple Bar and close to all major tourist attractions. 35 euros night makes this hostel quite expensive for what you get

Room Tip: The air bus from the airport drops you right close to the hostel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The staff were very kind and helpful. I stayed in a 4-bed female bedroom in the main building, the accommodation was just what I had expected for the money. The shower and sink were quite dirty, but the toilet was okay and so were the beds. It's also not far from the centre, which is great. The reason why I shortened my stay from two nights to only one was that I didn't sleep much because of some noisy guests (but you can definitely solve this with earplugs) and because I wasn't very lucky with one of the roommates who came late in the night and threw up on my jacket (can't blame the hostel, of course). I can't say anything about the breakfast because I had to leave for a tour early in the morning. If you are travelling on a budget it's not a bad place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo