“Great Place for Families to Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brookman Town Homes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Brookman Town Homes
Ranked #28 of 105 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Port Washington, New York, United States
“Great Place for Families to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently went to Dublin with my husband, 2 kids (ages 2 and 3), and my in-laws. We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom houses. It was perfect! The kids had space to run around and play, and it even had a small backyard! Having a whole townhouse, instead of sharing a small hotel room, really made a difference for the kids. In the morning, I was able to give them breakfast right away when they woke up. In addition, we didn't have to go out for every meal in Dublin, because there was a kitchen in the townhouse. There was also a grocery store just a few blocks away so it was easy to go out and buy some food. The townhouse was also conveniently located. As mentioned before, there was a grocery store close by, but there was also a bus stop just a few blocks away so it was an easy walk to the bus when we wanted to go into Dublin. Also, since the townhouse was 2 floors, my husband and I didn't have to go to bed or be silent once our kids went to bed. We were able to have a few drinks and talk downstairs. When we had some of my husband's Irish family over for dinner and drinks, I was able to put the kids to bed and all of the adults were able to still stay and socialize. Overall, we had a great experience here!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin C
Brookman-Dublin, Manager at Brookman Town Homes, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Erin,
Thank you so much for your review - I'm delighted that you made full use of the house and were able to have friends and family over without having to get a babysitter. Our houses are very suitable for families with children as it gives so much more flexibility than staying in a hotel.
Since you were here another convenience store has opened up ...just 100m from the entrance to Donnybrook Manor, so it makes it even quicker to get your food supplies!
I hope we'll see you here again sometime.
Kind Regards
Naomi Kidney, Manager, Brookman Town Homes

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I spent last week end with 2 friends, we took a 3 room house. Miss. Naomi gave us a lot of assistance before we booked and when we arrived. the house was clean, and complete, we had a very good time. the house is in a very quiet place, we sleep all nights very well. It is 3 km far away the city center, so you can also walk for 30 minutes; there are a lot of shops close to Manor.
Giuseppe

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brookman-Dublin, General Manager at Brookman Town Homes, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Donnybrook Manor. We are delighted that everything went well for you and that you had a good time in Dublin.
Kind Regards, Naomi Kidney, Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here over Christmas with a family of five. Everything perfect. Great location within walking distance of the city with great shops and restarants around. Staff exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled that your stay at Donnybrook Manor was a success. I hope we'll see you here again in the near future. Kind Regards,
Naomi Kidney, Manager
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

When I travel to Dublin, my only considerations for accomodations are North Umberland Apartments or Brookman Town Homes.

Typically I stay at North Umberland which is by Lower Mount Street and Love Lane. They are modern, efficient apartments.

It's a nice area with a straight walk into town past Merrion Square, Trinity College, etc,. You'd also be up the road from Howl at the Moon which is fun (it's a club/lounge). There are loads of restaurants on Baggot street, both upper and lower which is right around the corner.

I've stayed in hotels before and it's just not my thing. Why settle for a room when you can have an apartment?!

Contact Naomi Kidney if you are interested. She's a pleasure to work with.

naomi@brookman.ie

Jen.

PS. you will see another date selected at bottom as well as I was there in June 2011 as well.

Room Tip: One person or a couple could use a studio. It's more than enough space. There's are also t...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jen, Thanks for writing that review. The city centre apartments are typically rented by people coming to Dublin to work for a few weeks or months, so they are not usually available for rent for a few days, unless it's a last minute booking. I'm delighted that we've always been able to accommodate you in one of the Northumberlands places, and that you've been happy there. I look forward to hearing from you about your next trip to Dublin and hopefully we'll have a Northumberlands place for you then! Kind regards, Naomi Kidney, Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Unlike most users of Brookman Townhouses, we were not tourists or visitors to Dublin. We are in fact, locals!

When our home was flooded recently in Dublin we needed a place to stay urgently! I called Naomi who reassured me she could provide a home for our family. In a matter of hours, we arrived distressed and tired and Naomi and Roma could not have been more welcoming. Our house was warm, cosy and inviting. Crisp clean sheets and a level of cleanliness I don't think I've seen ANYWHERE along my travels!! Honestly!! Nothing was too much trouble and as our arrangements were up in the air Naomi was flexible as she worked to accommodate us in her busy schedule. We cannot express enough gratitude for her assistance.

Also of note is the WiFI, well stocked kitchen and utensils, separate washer and dryer, and breakfast pack, etc. The houses are set in beautifully maintained gardens and are in a superb location. Lots of great places to eat within walking distance and a good supply of local shops. And of course, close to Dublin city centre.

Brookman Town Homes are the best kept secret and never again will any of my friends and relatives visiting Dublin stay in a hotel .... I'm definitely booking them into Donnybrook Manor!

Thank you!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

It was my first time in a self catered accomodation and surely won't be the last. The experience is so good that can easily convince you not to stay at hotels anymore. It's a quite neighborhood but at a 5' walk distance you can find all the noise that an Irish pub can deliver, and there's amny of them around! At two blocks distance there's a butchers shop with tradittional Irish dishes ready for the oven! Bus service is at a block and a half walk.
I want to enphasize on the level of attention paid to customers by the staff. Naomi receives you with a warm welcome and she's readily available to help you in whatever you may need or know. 100 points for her!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

we did a friends trip with 12 people to Dublin. the Donnybrook was perfect for us. One house was great for 6 people and equipped with everything (ok, beer and poker chips we had to bring ourselfes). Close are many stores incl. 24 hour shop and to the city center is only 10 - 15 min. by bus (passing by all the time) and you can find taxis everywhere.
And thanks to Naomi for her great tips and infos....
we would stay definitly again in Donnybrook.
sunny greetings grom switzerland
Maetti

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brookman-Dublin, Manager at Brookman Town Homes, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Donnybrook Manor. We are delighted that it all worked out well for you and your friends. Kind Regards,
Naomi Kidney, Manager