“Perfect”
Review of Saint Martha's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Saint Martha's B&B
Ranked #35 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our first stay and won't be our last. Una was so kind and doted on us. Brkfst was great! Our room was cozy quiet and just the right distance from Dublin. - 10 min by bus. It is just around the corner from the Botanical Gardens and the old cemetery.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathy C

Reviewed 19 October 2013

After a very stressful and emotional day of being summoned to my seriously ill fathers bed side in the Mater hospital, my mother and I landed at Una's door. We were looking for somewhere convenient to the hospital and one of the hospital staff suggested St Martha's. Una made us most welcome and when we told her our tale was genuinely sympathetic and said she d say a prayer to St Martha for us. The following morning after a hearty breakfast " ye ll need it" as it was raining Una kindly drove us to the hospital , her parting words were to be sure and let her know how the patient was doing. I texted her later on with the good news that my dad had pulled through.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Mrsmoke2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at St Martha's and what a Great experience. I've stayed at over 40 B&B's in my last two years living in Europe and another 100+ around the world and this is by far the friendliest and most accommodating stay I've ever had. Una is a wonderful host and gave us a list of recommendations in Dublin and several locations outside Dublin on the Dart (Bray and Howth were beautiful) We spent the first day in the city and riding the Hop On and Hop Off buss and that is a great deal. However, getting outside the city on the city line and DART (15,00 Euro for an all day family pass) is a splendid deal.

Like many of the TripAdvisor travelers, I found Una's special home and selected this location because of the High reviews. Everything was spot on, easy access to the bus, train etc. Lots of wonderful restaurants. the weather was wonderful and my daughter and I walked down to O'Connel Street and it only took 25 minutes. I look forward to another stay in Sept and others in the future. I hope anyone going to Dublin will get the chance to stay here and book early ~ very popular and now I know why. Thanks Una ~ Cheers Greg

Room Tip: I stayed in room #5 with a nice view and two beds.bath/shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank GCheek
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were very pleased to be able to drive in a short time to this B&B from the airport after a long flight. We had a vvery pleasant stay in a beautiful setting. Una went out of her way to assist us I'm many ways as we began out trip to Ireland. One of the best in the two weeks we spent here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Winston S
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at Saint Martha's for two nights as part of a city break to see a rugby match at the Aviva Stadium, and it was a great experience! Una gave us a wonderful warm welcome and made sure that we had everything we needed. The cooked breakfast was fantastic and definitely set us up for a day out sightseeing! The price was also very cheap compared to other places I'd seen in Dublin. It is a bit of a walk from the city centre (20 minutes) but it was nice to walk off our massive breakfast! It's also on the bus route from the airport and, being on a quiet residential street, staying at Saint Martha's gave us the feeling of seeing part of the 'real' Dublin. Highly recommended for a bargain break in Dublin!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erikastars
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for a few nights at the beginning of January. I had stayed here many years ago with my Brother who has also stayed here many times before and had some lovely memories hence there was no hesitation in returning. Una once again made us feel at home and gave us some great recommendations on buses, places to go and things to see. She made us feel very welcome, and it was sad to leave! The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast just as I had remembered, very yummy indeed!

We would thoroughly recommend a stay here. It is in a great location for the Airport and for sightseeing, with buses running regularly to and from the City Centre (or a 20 min walk away). You will be sure to be made very welcome. We are already looking forward to our return and to staying with Una once again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SimplyCaramel
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Wonderful traditional Irish breakfast delighted my day in Dublin. Also, Una's warm welcome and hospitality made me feel relax. The location is perfect for bus travelers to commute to and from city center.
The room is a clean and comfortable but the shower machine is loud and old. The cups and kettle in the room had dust on it, and this probably the only disadvantages in the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple