I liked staying here. Spent a couple of nights in Dublin for business and socialising. It was in a fine location from my point of view:
- very near the LUAS tram stop - so just a couple of stops into the centre.
- on one side of a large pedestiran area with some outstanding industrial architecture;
- near the Jameson Brewery Visitors' Centre. Again, interesting buildings.
- Near a very good place for breakfast on the other side of the square by Jamesons.
- There was a very good supermarket right next door.
- Quiet neighbourhood being developed.
If you want a view, ask for a room overlooking the square.
The rooms were basic, clean and comfortable. Good tv. I was disappointed that such a new hotel was only providing wifi in the limited space of the foyer. I think that is something they should change. There was also no safe in the room so I didn't feel I could leave my laptop there - another oversight if attracting business people. There seemed to be a number of lads in their twenties staying there. I think it felt more like a hotel for young people. I didn't eat there so cannot comment on the food but saw a number of people taking breakfast and dinner there.
I think I'd take a punt and stay somewhere else next time I am in Dublin but it was a fine place to stay..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For outstanding service, a home away from home, competitive rates and city centre location the Maldron Hotel Smithfield is the place for you. The Maldron Hotel Smithfield has just undergone a new refurbishment and is a modern and stylish hotel in the heart of Dublin city centre, with the LUAS on the doorstep and only 3 stops away from O Connell Street and 2 stops to Heuston Station. All 92 guest rooms are furnished in a contemporary style with complimentary WIFI access as standard. Many bedrooms feature wall to ceiling glass windows or balconies with panoramic views of the city. Maldron Hotel Smithfield's doors open onto Smithfield Plaza, a vibrant and newly developed quarter of Dublin City Centre. The Stir Restaurant and bar offers an extensive all day dining menu and shows all major sporting events on the big screen. Complimentary WiFi access is offered throughout the hotel. Shopping, entertainment, sightseeing, eateries and business districts within the O'Connell St and Quays area are within an easy stroll from the Hotel with Grafton Street, Temple Bar and Trinity College just a stone's throw away. The O2 theatre, the Bord Gais energy theatre and Croke Park Stadium are very easily accessible. Smithfield's LUAS light rail station is only moments away from the Maldron Hotel Smithfield providing easy access to the airport and main bus & rail stations. Facilities at a glance - Superior 3 star property - City centre location - 92 superior guest rooms and suites - Stir Restaurant - 2 state of the art meeting rooms - Complimentary WIFI access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maldron Hotel Smithfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maldron Hotel Dublin
- Comfort Inn Dublin
- Comfort Inn Smithfield Dublin