“Right in the hard of Dublin”

Maldron Hotel Smithfield
Ranked #54 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Arnsberg, Germany
“Right in the hard of Dublin”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I did spent my nights in Dublin for several times at the Maldron and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. The hotel is perfectly located in Dublin Citycenter and it is just a short walk either to the Guinness storehouse or the Temple Bar quarter. Jameson Destillery is just 100 meters away but the Hotel is really quiet. The parking garage with very reasonable prices for midtown Dublin (10,00€ per day) can be accessed directly from the Lobby. A supermarket next door is well assorted with fresh food all day.
Ingo Weigt

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Amtrayno, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Ingoweigt,

We are delighted you took the time to post your very nice comments on your previous stays with us here in the Maldron hotel Smithfield.

We are very pleased that our hotel is your chosen hotel when visiting Dublin and hope to welcome you back again very soon

Best regards

Ann Marie Traynor - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Upon arrival, I found the staff very friendly and welcoming.

Our room was very spacious and bright. Importantly, both the room and the bathroom was spotless. I liked in the bathroom how they provided you with Dove hand and shower wash. I felt it was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. We had a little balcony off our room which was a nice touch.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but other members of our party did and couldn't praise the food and selection enough. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Considering its location and standard of the rooms it is well worth the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 737Michelle,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay with us in the Maldron Hotel Smithfield

The team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

kind regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We visit our son in Dublin about 5 times a year, this was our first experience of the Maldron Smithfield (2nd March 2014). We booked online (158 Euro) for B&B for 2 adults. At check in we were asked to pay our bill in full (which should have sent me running). The Double Room (109) is a decent size but the carpet is covered in stains. The bed is hard. The area around the hotel is pretty rough and extra care should be taken at night. We did come across some junkies who although didn't approach us, we were slightly concerned for our safety. Buffet Breakfast was basic and the ingredients seemed to be "cheap". There is no food at the Hotel until after 6.00pm at the weekend. On arrival I put my business card in a bowl (with a chance to win a free nights accommodation) - On departure I removed my card! I cannot believe this hotel has a 4.8 rating in Tripadvisor. I would recommend the Ashling or Gibson Hotels.

Room Tip: Take a room in another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerrymac2014
Amtrayno, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Gerrymac2014,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear your experience was not as you had hoped.
With regard to payment we do only ask for payment upfront if paying by cash/debit card but if a credit card is provided then guests can pay on departure by any means.

We are in the process of having the remaining of our rooms renovated and hopefully will have them completed in the next couple of months. You will see from previous reviews the feedback on our rooms is very good but the room you mentioned is not yet completed.

I can assure you we use only the best ingredients for breakfast and would love if you could contact me to explain where you feel we fell short on this occasion so I can address your comments. My e-mail address is amtraynor@maldronhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice city room....pity about the stained carpet. Good comfortable bed and all the bathroom you might need. No way of cooling down the room... only opening the window while we went out for the evening (and left open all night) and turning off the radiator. But it didn't really work too well.
The breakfast room was kind of off putting... but a nearby little 'social enterprise' cafe was a treat and only 100 mtrs away. Not a bad experience - but the report on the hotel says "must strive for better"

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room particularly if you have to open the window
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 34210king
Amtrayno, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear 34210king,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review or our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to see you found the rooms very warm as February was in general quite a cold month and we had many requests for more heat.

Our breakfast generally scores very highly on all review sites so it is a pity you did not get to try it.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Burley in Wharfedale, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Smart hotel in quiet area of Smithfield but close enough to walk into city centre. Plentiful and tasty breakfast....comfy clean spacious room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Always had a wood to say and a smile on their face,.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Karen C

Thank you for posting your review about our Hotel.

The team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we can welcome you back very soon.

Ann Marie Traynor- General Manager
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Got a deal on secret escapes 83% off 'rack' rate which is apparently 3 x the normal rate. Which I would never have paid (for any hotel). Hotel staff were polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Room was refurbished all but the bed which was a little tired to be honest. The manager apologised- new beds on order, but due to the floods in the UK these were delayed. Breakfast was good and there were a wide variety of foods available. Only 10 mins walk down the Liffey to Temple Bar and the shopping area. Guinness factory even closer. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Amtrayno, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Boahx

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted, as was the team, that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Ann Marie Traynor- General Manager
New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel with my partner as we wanted to be close to the city centre. Although it is extremely close to the city the only complaint about the location is there were a lot of addicts hanging around,but they didn't bother me or my partner. We were just a little worried coming home late but it was ok. We were really impressed by the gorgeous waitress and bar woman , a blonde girl named Danielle. Reception were helpful in enough, but wasn't that impressed. Rooms are a decent size but were a little cold , restaurant was lovely and cosy and food was also delicious at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2014