“Bull and Castle”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Bull and Castle”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our bus tour guide dropped us off hours late in the middle of Dublin at 9:00 at night. We were exhausted beyond coping and hungry after a day at the Moher Cliffs and didn't know where to go. After trying several places, a kind waitress at one place mercifully sent us here for traditional Irish fare. The staff welcomed us in and treated us so kindly. They went above and beyond to take care of us! The Beef and Guinness pie was the best we have had since we arrived in Dublin. It was a tad pricey, but so are most of the other places around the area. We enjoyed it very much and recommend it. Lovely people and great food.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank CarolingLibrarian

• Greek first
Ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Great value, great food”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Popped in here recently for a late lunch. We were looking for something to stop hunger rather than seeking out a dinning experience. We got both!

The place was spotless and the service prompt. There wasn't an extensive choice but there was a good choice. To be honest, a lengthy lunch menu can be daunting - too much choice and not enough time.

I ordered a burger while my pal ordered the steak sandwich. What a refreshing change to be offered a choice of how we'd like our meat cooked - I like very rare burgers while my pal loves steak cooked blue. And they were perfect in presentation, taste, cooking and cost. If I had a quibble, the fries were commercial rather than hand cut which would have complemented the burger better. Having said that, at the price charged, it might have been a little much to expect.

I ordered dessert. While tasty, the tart tatin was generally not great - a little flat and chewy. It felt very reheated.

Staff were great. Main courses were great. Service was prompt. Price was good value. All the ingredients for a good lunch out!

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Awesome beer”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I really don't need to say any more. Well, maybe a wee bit. Great small brewery Irish beer on draught, excellent bottle selection and really really good food. I could move in here and be quite happy.

Visited March 2014