“hidden gem”
Review of Maples House Hotel

Maples House Hotel
Ranked #98 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 January 2013

myself and my daughter stayed in this hotel on the 18th and 19th of Jan, we really enjoyed our stay. The location is excellent as the Dublin bus is only down the road that brings you straight to the city centre. Breakfast was very enjoyable as was dinner. i would definitely recommend staying there to a friend

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank browneyedgirlSligo
MaplesHotel, Manager at Maples House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very positive feedback and for taking the time to let us know how well you enjoyed your stay with us. We endeavor at all times to maintain the highest possible standards to ensure that our guests and customers have a very comfortable and home from home experience at the Maples House Hotel. We hope to see you again on a return visit.

Manager and all the team at the Maples.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was in Dublin to visit family and this was my second visit to The Maples. I found the service from the moment I walked in to be of a very high standard. The manageress remembered me from from my previous visit and was very helpful in directing my wife on the best routes into the city. We had lunch in the restaurant twice during our stay and it lived up to the quality I remembered from the last time..delicious. The rooms are comfortable and clean and staff very pleasant to deal with. Will return again to experience such sterling service!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jmac1987
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We were awoken late in the evening by excessive noise, someone was using powertools to drill in the walls - when we complainted to reception the drilling stopped shortly after, however the work carried on keeping us awake for several hours

Then around 4:30 they were at it again keeping us awake from then on.

Practically no sleep at all - just not acceptable. Surely, whatever they were doing, could have been scheduled during normal business hours when people are awake...!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I booked the function room for a family party, found the manager to be extremley helpful, polite and accommodating - willing to negotiate on price etc. Function room has just been redecorated so a new feel to the room. We had a selection of food options which went down a treat and there was more than enough food for everyone. They couldn't do enough and a few familiy members stayed overnight - said the rooms were lovely and breakfast was great. Couldn't find fault with anything, my parents were delighted with their party, the location and the service received. They returned for their anniversary dinner a few nights later and said the food was fantastic again. A great local hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Throughly enjoyed my stay here, as I was staying in Dublin for a few days too look for a place to stay as in studying here in Ireland,the location is excellent and the Dublin bus is only down the road that brings you straight to the city centre. As I'm on a strict budget I wasn't planning on eating in the hotel ,but I couldn't believe the value and quality of the food. It was simply delicious:-) the staff are so welcoming and helpful and make you feel so welcome!they helped me in so many ways with directions and places to vist etc.. Overally excellent and I would definitely recommend this!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2012

went here today for lunch with a friend. Ordered food and began to eat, to our horror there was a cooked fly (blue bottle) in our veg! we told the waitress who said sorry that she would get us another portion of veg! - i dont think so,
we just left. NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank GarrethLopez
MaplesHotel, Manager at Maples House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

We are sorry to hear of your experience and wish to apologise most sincerely. Unfortunately the problem was not brought to the attention of the management on the day in question until after you had left the premises, otherwise we would have dealt with it in a professional manner.
We would very much appreciate if you would contact us directly to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have stayed at Maples twice, the first for four nights, the second for single night. I found the rooms a bit spartan but clean and good looking. The rates are very affordable and you are a 5 minute walk to the airport bus and a very quick walk to downtown Dublin buses. Personally, I enjoy the easy 30 minute walk to downtown. The hotel is in a very nice, quiet residential neighborhood, which gives a nice feel for Dublin outside of the center, which is quite touristed. Last time I was there, a socket didn't work as well as one of the bedside lights. However, this was not really an issue for me. I had no issues with noise while I was there and found the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo