“Really nice”

Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Los Angles, CA
“Really nice”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I Pricelined this. My bet was 80 dollars per night for a weekend stay.

My room was in the modern wing. It was huge, with a king size bed, big flat screen tv, and huge, good shower.

Location is really good as well. Just on the southwest corner of the Green.

There is a gym, though it has only a few, old machines. Internet is NOT free, and is kind of expensive. Breakfast was not included with my priceline and I did not try it. The staff was very nice and lent me an iPod charger when I was in a crunch.

I had a great room and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Elena_Talpalaru, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us feedback relating to your recent stay with us, as always, we very much appreciate that you took time to do so.

We look forward to accommodating you in the upcoming future!
Best Regards
Elena Talpalaru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 4 August 2011

As a first time visitor to Dublin, my experience at the O'Callaghan Hotel improved my entire stay. The front desk attendants were so helpful and recommended great restaurants for what we were looking for each day. They suggested worthwhile attractions and sights to see during our stay and helped us perfect our itinerary upon arrival.

What really surprised me most was their honesty. I forgot my passport and travelers checks in safe of our hotel room on July 27th after check out. Before exiting with our luggage, the front desk attendant found me to return my important belongings. The house keeper had found them in the safe and by giving them to the front desk, was able to make sure they were returned to me. I could not be more appreciative and thankful for such above and beyond star service. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2011
StephensGreenGM, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and i am delighted to hear that our front office team made such an impact on your stay with us.
I shall certainly compliment them on the above.

Thank you for choosing O'Callaghan hotels, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My fiance and I are from the US and stayed at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green hotel on our recent excursion to Ireland. I travel significantly for work, and am used to staying in chain hotels (Hilton brands), and this hotel was pretty decent.

Highlights:
- Location is superb. Walk to St. Stephen's Green, Trinity college, Grafton Street, Temple Bar. Close to the stop for the hop-on, hop-off tours.
- Value. We booked through Orbitz and got a great rate for our stay.
- Staff was helpful in providing recommendations for food
- Room was spacious, clean, had everything you'd expect to find.

1 Thank willshingleton
StephensGreenGM, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Dublin.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Klagenfurt, Austria
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for several days and enjoyed its closeness to all the sights one has to see when visiting Dublin. The room - thanks to a very, very nice receptionist - was spacious, with a big comfortable bed, and very quiet. Reception staff was very kind and helpful - and, being Austrians, we were pleased to meet a receptionist from Vienna. Staff in the breakfast room was very reserved and never showed a smile - what a shame.
Otherwise, a very conveniently situated hotel and absolutely recommendable to tourists.
Erna& Franz, Austria

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin, and also in the O'Callaghan Stephens Green Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This hotel was pretty good for it's price. We did however pre-pay half our reservation in order to get a discount rate. The place was clean and the service was pretty good. They were kind enough to give us a free upgrade for our honeymoon. The location is the best attribute of this hotel. It is across the street from St. Stephen's Green (thus the name) and very close to Temple Bar and Grafton Street.

Dear Guests.

Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding, and i hope you had a nice honeymoon, and secondly, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and also that you had a very enjoyable stay in Dublin, and i hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, maybe for your anniversary.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

As a frequent traveller to Dublin I have had the pleasure of staying in two of the O'Callaghan hotel's - the Alexander and more recently the Stephen's Green hotel. I usually stay in a 4 star hotel and have found the 4-star hotels in Ireland to range from poor to fantastic - pleased to say that St.Stephen's Green hotel falls into the later category.

A passive user on tripadvisor for many years - this is the first time I've felt motivated to post. I'm always surprised at the range of experience guests appear to have with their stay at the Stephen's Green Hotel . I find the refurbished rooms to be of a high standard,
the location very central and in particular the staff to be welcoming and helpful at all times. I'd have to mention the bar staff but in particular Jozef and Jonathan? from the reception desk for special mention.
Their patience with some demanding guests was noticed by my wife and I. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and i am delighted that the O'Callaghan Stephens Green hotel met with and exceeded your expectations.
I shall certainly pass on your lovely comments and feedback to all the staff, and especially those you have so findly mentioned.

We at O'Callaghan hotels look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed here for 4 days. Interesting experience because it ranged from very poor to outstanding. Rudest employee/person I have ever been around is Jozef. I was embarrassed for other guests over the 4 days when overhearing his short, surly, almost defiant attitude towards them, never mind to my travelling companions. It is beyond me why he is still working there. Completely opposite experience with Jonathon, who went out of his way for us (and other guests). Julian and Catharine also deserve special mention. The lounge staffing is very poor. Often, the front desk staff (fortunately, never Jozef) were pulled in to take our orders. The food is good, however. When we checked in upon arrival, we had no issues with our room. It was clean, well-stocked, and had an in-room safe that worked. When we stayed again the night before we left, our rooms weren't ready, it was stocked with 8 tubes of shampoo, but no lotion or shower gel, and the safe didn't work. You can't phone room to room so it took me 16 tries to get a) the front desk and b) the front desk at this hotel (there are two other O'Callaghan's nearby), when I was trying to give my travelling companions a wake up call as we were leaving early for the airport. I got the Mont Claire front desk once. Most of the other times it would ring then I'd get a dial tone. At 0440 in the morning, when I finally did get an answer, I was connected to the wrong room room/hotel(?) and woke a lady up. The location is very good as it's close to all the action on Grafton Street. Jozef is the reason I can't give the hotel a higher rating. Without him, I'd give it an overall 4.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for highlighing the positives and negatives during your stay.

I shall certainly compliment the staff that you have mentioned, and address those who have not performed, and i would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the staff member, as i can assure you, this is not his usual high standard of customer service.

Once again, please accept my apologies, and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Stephens Green Hotel

Dara McEnenaey