“very nearly very good indeed”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
france
“very nearly very good indeed”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

a good all rounder,well located,pretty much all the boxes ticked,with a really good team of smiley helpful people running the place.apart from a couple of small niggles......
o.j.could be better,a lot better,and a lot of pictures needed in rooms and corridors to give the feeling that the place is loved a bit more.photos of ireland might be a thought...but...
i did say small niggles....if that's the worst of it it can't be too bad...
in conclusion,we've been a couple of times,and will surely use the place on future trips to the land of one hundred thousand welcomes.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FranceVincent
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear FranceVincent,

Celie Mile Failte, we were delighted to read your review on TripAdivsor.

Thank you for taking the time to post it, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very sorry the orange juice was not to your linking, this is a new product we have introduced in the last four months. I will monitor comments from others guest and if the feedback proves to be similar to yours we will be more than happy to move to another supplier.

I will happily discuss your points in relation the pictures around the building with our interiors team.

We are always grateful to hear these comments in relation how we can improve our offering for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the coming months

O’Callaghan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here for thankfully only one night and it was a disaster. I rang ahead and made a booking over the phone and gave all card details. When I arrived to check in I was laughed at by the receptionist who told me that my card details were probably left somewhere in reception on a piece of paper and that i wasnt booked in any room for the night. I was very concerned by this but she didnt care and booked me into another room after what seemed to be a life time and then tried to charge me more than the original quote. When i queried this she snorted at me that she didnt care about anything and that she would give me the room for the original amount. Breakfast the next morning was awful and again they tried to charge me a second time for this. The room was clean on the upside. A four star hotel this is not!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flaherty2013
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Flaherty2013,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review on TripAdvisor, naturally we were horrified to read such negative reflection on the hotel, I am also grateful for taking the time to discuss your experience over the phone.

Subsequent to our conversation, we have taken the time to thoroughly investigate the aspects of your stay, as I mention in our conversation I can assure you that your personal details were handled in the most professional fashion. All our bookings are inputted directly into the computer system, we do not use paper to record any details we receive from our guests. The security and confidentiality of our guests is paramount to us.

I have spoken at length to the team in relation to handling all our guests in a professional manner, I was very surprised to hear that a member of the team would display such discourtesy towards you or any of other guests, I would like to apologise on behalf of my-self and my colleague.

In relation to your breakfast experience, we are working diligently on improving the level of service, in particular the quality of the produce we use. Over the past number of months we have introduced new sausages, bacon & a new selection of breads, moved from tinned fruit to fresh cuts, clearly we have some way to go. With regards to charging for breakfast, we ascertain the room number from all our guest as they approach the matre' d stand. Perhaps my colleague gave you the wrong impression, I do hope this clears up the matter.

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologise to you, we are committed to ensuring all our guests have a wonderful stay here in O'Callaghan Hotel Stephen Green.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed in the executive suite the bed was huge, the bathroom was spotless, lovely size shower, I've just one snag though the room felt cold even though we had the heating up to 28 degrees Celsius. Other than the temp it was tip top

• Stayed March 2013
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Tier86,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience here in the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the coming months.

San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel is really a basic business style (or tour group) hotel. I only stayed 1 night.

Positives: Room was really large. Room and public areas were very clean and in good shape. Decor looked like it had not changed much in 25 years. Good Location. Across the street from Saint Stephen's Green, 1 block from Grafton St. and LUAS stop.

Minuses: Most of the staff I encountered either had no personality or seemed to just hate their job. Front desk staff needs more training. They were so bad I didn't even go into the bar or restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear mil1,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are always grateful to hear constructive feedback in relation to our guests experience; we as a team work tirelessly to ensure each of our guests have a wonderful stay here in Dublin.

We are very disappointed that our team at the desk, did not exceed your expectations. I along with my colleagues have discussed your points, over the coming weeks we are committed to re-training on employee customer skills.

I am happy to hear that the standard of housekeeping throughout the hotel was positive, again our team in this particular department have been working diligently to ensure each of our guest receive the highest levels of cleanness and comfort.

In relation to the ground floor, as part of my role along with other member of the senior committee of O'Callaghan Hotels are working on concepts and ideas to reinvigorate the ground floor reception, Bar and Restaurant of our hotel. Once we complete the works, I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel to see what improvement we have made throughout the hotel.

Cork
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed for one night in February 2013, My wife, I and our two daughters. The staff were wonderful and could not have done more to make our stay more comfortable, they went out of their way to ensure our kids were happy.
We stayed in one of the junior suites, the space in the rooms was excellent for a city-center hotel, the location was perfect, within walking distance from anywhere in town. We enjoyed the stay so much we booked in for the following night also, We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank conorb123
Dear conorb123,

WOW, what a wonderful review, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to host you during your trip to Dublin.

I hope we will get the pleasure of your company over the coming months.

ni
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Just returned from an overnight shopping trip with my family. A great hotel with very central location for Grafton Street. The rooms are clean, spacious and have all equipment for a comfortable stay. Our rooms were at the very back of the hotel on the top floor which made for a really quiet nights sleep (just dont expect a view - thats not what we were there for). The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend the hotel and will definitely be back - soon I hope.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear gejni,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to highlight your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We were all delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here in the hotel.

It is always very rewarding to hear from one of our guests - in particular when they would recommend staying with us in the future.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Milan
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Was there in October 2012 for a week end. Rooms are quite large and clean. Room service was very efficient and reasonably priced. Reception and concierge were very cooperative as well and satisfied all our request. The bar in the lobby was also very nice and cozy : they brought us an endless supply of peanuts with our beers. Breakfast rooms are either inside or, nicer, in the left glass wing you can see from the hotel photos. Quality of breakfast was also fine. You only need to cross the road to enter the St Stephen Green Garden, and in 3 miutes you are downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Gabriele B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us here in O'Callaghan Hotel Stephen Green.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my colleagues at the Front Desk & Concierge departments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.