“Very nice hotel”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on Friday night. It is a very nice hotel. My room was very spacious, clean and modern.
The staff are great. I would certainly stay here again.
The hotel is in a very central location.
I was surprised that the breakfast area is small. There were not enough seats.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for leaving a review PCarey59, we are currently reviewing our ground floor operations and we are exploring all available options to provide increased capacity in the restaurant without taking away from the charm of the Georgian Houses in which the Pie Restaurant is situated. Please revisit our website in the near future for an update of impending redevelopment of our ground floor space. Feedback such as your (both positive and constructive) allows for enhanced improvements at the hotel.

Kind regards,
Paul Clifford

There are newer reviews for O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night out recently.

Staff were great, very efficient and friendly. I was checked in rapidly and the room was nice. There is no parking at the hotel though you can park overnight in a nearby car park. But it is so central you really don't need your car.

Rooms are clean and modern, I ate in the bar and the staff were great...advised me on menu choices and checked to see if I could have something cooked a certain way.

We would return and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena_Talpalaru, Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Vanilla_Vodka,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Stephens Green Hotel.
It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us and thank you for your kind comments about the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice staff, nice hotel, very good location, very good extra price for breakfast to room, only about 3EUR+ /can recommend as you can select more options then you have normally down in the restaurant - ie beans, fried eggs:)/

There was only 2 minuses to be mentioned:

1 - Something called "view" from my windows /I really cannot call it view:)/ - it was just straight to the wall to the building and some generators, really nothing nice.
2 - The room was COLD:), when I switched off the aircon and was hoping it will get warm I was freezing, sleeping in long sleeves. When I start the aircon to became heating to max temperature - the room was COLD and I was again sleeping in long sleeves. And no - I am not from some all year summer country, I am from CZ.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Your constructive feedback allows us the opportunity to review and improve upon the hotels facilities and services and I have shared your comments to our team.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a great stay at the hotel over Easter weekend. The hotel was clean and in a good location, easy walking distance to many areas in central Dublin. We upgraded to the Executive Suite but the room was only the same size as a normal hotel room. No fridge in the room. Staff very helpful and friendly. We did leave our room though for about 5 hrs from 10 - 3 but they didn't manage to service it in that time. Subsidised parking is available in St Stephen Green car park, but this can be quite a walk and can be difficult to access if the shopping centre which houses it is shut... So bring the trundle suitcase

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cake_walk_10,

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your previous stay.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on elena.talpalaru@ocallaghanhotels.com

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not sure who gave this place 4 stars but they obviously did it with their eyes closed. The staff are fantastic but everything else is well below expectations. Rooms are dated and suffer a lot from noise from the corridors. Sound proofing does not seem to be a consideration. Won't be recommending this hotel to anyone in the near future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear RaoulDJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here on our first 2 nights in Ireland. The room had a king size bed which was much welcomed after being crammed on a tiny plane and coach bus for the last 24 hours. The hotel is contemporary, the bathroom is all tile and the whole place was very clean. The bed had all white linens and the main blanket was a non-down comforter inside a duvet cover.

On the second day of my stay I came down with a migraine and had to stay in our room and sleep it off. When I take my migraine medication it makes me a little loopy, so when the housekeeper came in to clean the room I thought she was my mother (who was on the trip with me). After about 20 seconds I realized that she was not my mom, and she was hotel staff. She quickly realized I was out of it and sick. She kind of did a sweep of the room to see what we needed, very quickly so as not to bother me, and she saw that we needed towels. I told her I was sick because I was a little embarrassed being so loopy! She restocked the towels and then came over to me and asked if she could get me medicine, water, ice or tea. She was so incredibly warm and kind, even in my woozy state of mind I could appreciate the genuine care she had for me, a guest at the hotel. I didn't take her up on her offer but I know she would've gotten any one or all of those things for me had I asked for it. I believe her name was Maria, and she deserves accolades for such great service!!

Once I was better, I did sit in the bar and have a Guinness, it was a comfortable spot with some great street watching views. And the location of the hotel is right down town, within a block of Grafton St, maybe a 2 minute walk.

One recommendation (and this one is for every hotel I've stayed at, in Ireland) fluffy pillows, I have found the pillows in this country to be hard and not very comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the street, it was a bit noisy, my parents had a room that wasn't on t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us.

Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Driving in from Wicklow on a Friday evening at rush hour was a huge challenge. Streets in Dublin are difficult to navigate with a combination of one-way streets, hard to read street signs, changing street names, etc. When we finally made it to the front door- everything changed. The tension from the traffic experience was shed with a most polite greeting and the friendly face of Juan at the desk. He directed me to the car park and explained the route clearly. Juan was warm and welcoming. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and he showed genuine interest in our comfort and enjoyment. We were offered an upgrade to a large room in the executive wing at no extra charge and found a bottle of Proseco on ice waiting for us! King bed, nice TV, large shower, hot water, great towels and plenty of room to move about- the room was tops. The location is central to the city but not on a noisy road. It's a short walk to Grafton Street which leads to most sites in town. The breakfast buffet was good but not spectacular- nothing missing, just nothing to rave about at 13.50 euro. We found a small restaurant a few blocks away that we liked better. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and commend Juan on his positive attitude and helpful demeanor.

Room Tip: Higher floors insure a quiet stay. We visited in March so traffic was not as busy as summer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SteveS19046,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and for your kind words about Juan and staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon .

Kind Regards,