“Great staff”

Ranked #52 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

staff is attentive and quick to action. clean towels, and amenities replaced daily. nice big bed, a little stiff. room was comfortable and spacious. they sell water bottles at desk for €1 which was convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for leaving a review Stacy L, I hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin. I am delighted to hear that your every need was accommodated by the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Stephen's Green Hotel in the near future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at paul.clifford@ocallaghanhotels.com

Paul Clifford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here over the May bank holiday weekend with 3 friends (hen weekend). I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. Rooms were nice and well kept and it is in an excellent location but what really made this trip stand out was the excellent customer service from everyone we encountered in the hotel. Special mention to the bar staff who were on duty Friday and Saturday night. We loved that each time we come into the bar, we didn't even need to order our drinks, you remembered our tipples and brough them to the table and served the right drink to the right person. Personal, attentive service with a smile. The hotel manager and receptionist were also nothing short of friendly and welcoming. Thank you O'Callaghans for adding that extra shine to a fabulous weekend. We will no doubt return one day and will certainly be recommending you to friends and family who are visiting Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for leaving a review Rozca, I am delighted to hear you and your friends had such a pleasant stay at the hotel. I trust you had an enjoyable stay in Dublin for your Hen weekend. I will pass on your kind words to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Stephen's Green Hotel in the near future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at paul.clifford@ocallaghanhotels.com

Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here last week while visiting Dublin and the first thing that jumped out at me was the location. The name of the hotel is accurate description as it's right off of St. Stephen's Green in the heart of Dublin. You can pretty much walk to every destination in Dublin if you are so inclined, if not tour buses, taxis and other forms of public transportation are available right out the front door. You get all the location advantages of other hotels but at a much better price.

The hotel itself was very modern and nice with a friendly helpful staff available all the time. The restaurant is very nice and the breakfast is a full irish breakfast, not your standard continental breakfast I am use to at American hotels.

I have already recommended this hotel to several friends who are traveling to Ireland in the next couple months and will continue to stay there myself on future visits.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for leaving a review Dave O, I am glad you found the hotel appealing and I will be passing your kind comments on to the staff. I am delighted you felt you could recommend the hotel to your friends. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at paul.clifford@ocallaghanhotels.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on Friday night. It is a very nice hotel. My room was very spacious, clean and modern.
The staff are great. I would certainly stay here again.
The hotel is in a very central location.
I was surprised that the breakfast area is small. There were not enough seats.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving a review PCarey59, we are currently reviewing our ground floor operations and we are exploring all available options to provide increased capacity in the restaurant without taking away from the charm of the Georgian Houses in which the Pie Restaurant is situated. Please revisit our website in the near future for an update of impending redevelopment of our ground floor space. Feedback such as your (both positive and constructive) allows for enhanced improvements at the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night out recently.

Staff were great, very efficient and friendly. I was checked in rapidly and the room was nice. There is no parking at the hotel though you can park overnight in a nearby car park. But it is so central you really don't need your car.

Rooms are clean and modern, I ate in the bar and the staff were great...advised me on menu choices and checked to see if I could have something cooked a certain way.

We would return and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena_Talpalaru, Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Vanilla_Vodka,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Stephens Green Hotel.
It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us and thank you for your kind comments about the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Regards,
Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice staff, nice hotel, very good location, very good extra price for breakfast to room, only about 3EUR+ /can recommend as you can select more options then you have normally down in the restaurant - ie beans, fried eggs:)/

There was only 2 minuses to be mentioned:

1 - Something called "view" from my windows /I really cannot call it view:)/ - it was just straight to the wall to the building and some generators, really nothing nice.
2 - The room was COLD:), when I switched off the aircon and was hoping it will get warm I was freezing, sleeping in long sleeves. When I start the aircon to became heating to max temperature - the room was COLD and I was again sleeping in long sleeves. And no - I am not from some all year summer country, I am from CZ.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Your constructive feedback allows us the opportunity to review and improve upon the hotels facilities and services and I have shared your comments to our team.

Best Personal Regards,
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay at the hotel over Easter weekend. The hotel was clean and in a good location, easy walking distance to many areas in central Dublin. We upgraded to the Executive Suite but the room was only the same size as a normal hotel room. No fridge in the room. Staff very helpful and friendly. We did leave our room though for about 5 hrs from 10 - 3 but they didn't manage to service it in that time. Subsidised parking is available in St Stephen Green car park, but this can be quite a walk and can be difficult to access if the shopping centre which houses it is shut... So bring the trundle suitcase

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear cake_walk_10,

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your previous stay.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on elena.talpalaru@ocallaghanhotels.com

Best Personal Regards,