“Just what I needed in Dublin”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #61 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came to Dublin after 10 days of traveling, the last week of which in London. I was very happy to find O'Callaghan on St Steven's Green. It was easy to get to from the airport and a very nice room in the new building was ready for me at check-in. Victoria was very helpful getting me settled in, getting my WiFi connected and with city directions. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of all the places I was interested in (I am an avid walker, Hueston train station was a 30 minute walk, Temple Bar about 10-12 minutes). The room was large the shower and bath supplies plentiful. Air temperature was easy to control. The restaurant was convenient, but the menu limited (I had to go out for fish and chips, but Victoria pointed me to a perfect spot that she frequented). The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, it was exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for leaving a review Cornuman. I am delighted to hear Stephen's Green Hotel served a little oasis following your lengthy travels in London. I will pass your kind comments onto Victoria and the team as a whole. We acknowledge Fish & Chips not being on the menu is unacceptable so we will be bringing this back very soon. Nonetheless I am glad Victoria was able to point you in the right direction. We hope to see you back in Dublin soon and once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Kind regards, Paul C.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well we had just finished shopping in Grafton Street and wandered towards the park (Stephens Green) We saw this modern hotel frontage with a bar to the side. We decided we didn't want to face the crush of the restaurants in the main areas and gave it a try. The service was good and friendly. The food good and not too expensive. The Knickerbocker Glory was lovely and I was told the ice cream was home made. My advice, give it a try, you'd be surprised.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Liz M. I am delighted to hear you considered the Stephen's Green Hotel for a bite to eat after a day's shopping in town. We only use the freshest ingredients in our menus and yes the Knickerbocker Glory is made from our signature homemade ice cream. I am also happy to hear you received attentive and friendly service which many of our guests have come to expect from the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you are back up in Dublin.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights at the Stephen's Green. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant doesn't have a very big menu but the food was just fine.

My only suggestion would be to try and get a room not facing the street, as it can be quite noisy at all hours of the night.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Bryan B. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and that the staff were very friendly and helpful. We recently introduced new menus with dishes made for the freshest ingredients. This said we have listened to feedback from our guests some of which have cited the menu as limited in variety and we are currently developing a more enhanced variety of dishes which will be finalised in the coming weeks. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stephen's Green Hotel when you are next back in Dublin.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Two weekends ago, I checked in to O`Callaghans Stephens Green Hotel, on my arrival I was greeted by Juan and Mandy at reception, from that moment and after a long week of stress, My partner and I felt relieved... a warm welcome and a big smile made the difference. We were well looked after. I would highly recommend O`Callaghans as being my first stay with this Hotel Chain. I will definitely return for future visits.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surforgerry
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for leaving feedback surforgerry. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and in particular you received a very warm welcome. Service delivery forms part of our day to day focus and I am happy ot hear this was experienced in your dealings with Juan and Mandy. We look forward to welcoming you back to Stephen’s Green Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We reserved rooms at this hotel 8 months prior to our arrival May 24/14 and everything was as expected. Juan and Elena went out of their way to make sure we were all happy with our stay. The rooms were clean, spacious, quiet the beds comfortable, and the O,Callaghan Hotel is very well situated next to St. Stephen's Green Park. Would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback Nikki5886. I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay particularly having booked so far in advance. I will be passing your kind comments onto my colleagues Elena and Juan. When you are returning to Dublin, do not hesitate to contact myself direct as I would be more than delighted to make all the necessary arrangements for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a very memorable one night stay recently on a stop-over in Dublin. On our arrival the staff were so friendly especially Juan the junior manager who made us feel so much at home. The room was fantastic, so spacious and clean. Having the breakfast brought to our room made the occasion very special. The location is idea with Grafton Street only a stones throw away. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Treesrgreen F
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Treesrgreen F. I am delighted to hear you found the hotel and our team very hospitable during your recent stopover in Dublin. I will share your kind comments with the team and in particular with Juan. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Large, clean, well organized room. Windows let in plenty of light during the day. Staff is helpful and professional in their approach to guests. Across from Stephen's Green Park and walking distance to Merrion Square and Grafton Street. Light rail one block away. Easy to walk to river and Temple Bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark1011
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Mark1011NY. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel during your time in Dublin. I will share your kind comments regarding staff friendliness and cleanliness with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin soon.