Came to Dublin after 10 days of traveling, the last week of which in London. I was very happy to find O'Callaghan on St Steven's Green. It was easy to get to from the airport and a very nice room in the new building was ready for me at check-in. Victoria was very helpful getting me settled in, getting my WiFi connected and with city directions. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of all the places I was interested in (I am an avid walker, Hueston train station was a 30 minute walk, Temple Bar about 10-12 minutes). The room was large the shower and bath supplies plentiful. Air temperature was easy to control. The restaurant was convenient, but the menu limited (I had to go out for fish and chips, but Victoria pointed me to a perfect spot that she frequented). The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, it was exactly what I needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel comprises of two magnificently restored Georgian buildings, with a heritage of great historical and cultural importance to Ireland. One was home to the great Irish playwright, George Fitzmaurice, while 4 Harcourt Street was the birthplace of Lord Edward Carson, one of the founders of Northern Ireland and a central figure in Ireland’s Unionism movement. Entering through the tasteful reception area, guests will be struck by the stunning glass atrium, filling the lobby with natural light and overlooking the idyllic Stephen’s Green park. The stylish interior design throughout the hotel, with wood panelling and soft leather furnishings sitting alongside Georgian stucco ceilings and elegant fireplaces, beautifully showcases the fusion of old and new. George Fitzmaurice is honoured in the hotel through our bar and restaurant, which are named after two of his plays. The ‘Magic Glasses’ Bar is an opulent, comfortable bar where local businesspeople and visitors alike regularly meet over a coffee or drink, while the ‘Pie Dish’ Bistro, set in the bright atrium and the inner rooms of the Georgian houses, serves the finest in contemporary Irish and international cuisine. Located on the first floor, the Georgian library has a charming old-world feel, where you can sit in 19th century surrounds, featuring open fireplaces and chandeliers – an ideal way to unwind over a pre-dinner drink. A gymnasium is available for the exclusive use of residents, while the business centre is open 24 hours, with a secretarial service available for the business guest. Flexibility and choice is a core value of O’Callaghan Hotels. Guests can use the facilities and services of any Dublin O’Callaghan Hotel and have the account conveniently billed back to your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Hotel
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Dublin
- St Stephens Green Hotel
- Stephens Green Hotel Dublin