O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
US$297
US$232
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$291
  • Breakfast included
Albany House(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$203
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$258
US$250
Orbitz.com
1,431 results
All reviewsgrafton streetgreat locationnew wingst stephensexecutive roomtemple barwould definitely stay here againlovely hotelcentral locationreception stafftrinity collegefull irish breakfastyogurtirelandpubseuroluas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Couldn't fault this hotel. From the moment we arrived, Victoria on reception made us feel very special - and directed us to a most wonderful restaurant nearby - think it was called the Green Man. The staff really know the area and are happy to share their knowledge. Its a 4 star hotel but with 5-star service and staff - I can't speak too highly of them. Rooms were roomy and even though the windows were glazed (not really needed because the noise is not invasive) they could be opened to let in the fresh air (hate air-conditioning). Hotel is in an excellent location on a corner of Stephen's Green and within easy walking distance of Grafton Street, Trinity College and the centre of the city. Rooms (we had two) were always spotlessly clean thanks to the fantastic housekeepers. We will always stay here when we return to Dublin - don't pay 5-star prices - stay here. You will LOVE it.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms overlook the oak trees and the street but are not in the least noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review holysleep. I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay at the hotel. I will of course be passing your kind comments onto both Victoria and out housekeeping team. Whilst we are 4 Star in grading we are committed to providing exceptional service in all areas of our business and I am glad this translated during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Stephen's Green Hotel on your next trip back to Dublin.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a third stay in this hotel and I refuse to stay anywhere else in Dublin. The service is impeccable, the people are beyond friendly and helpful and hotel is simply the best value for money. The rooms are comfortable and large, you don't have to jostle around a bed to get to your suitcase or desk. The restaurant has great food, always fresh and local. As others have said- you aren't surrounded by loud, shrill tourists- it is a place of retreat and relaxation. For business or pleasure, have been there for both, you do not want to book anywhere else. It is so handy for friends coming into the city for their first stay- all the sightseeing buses are just steps away at the green. It is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping- the location can't be beat.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous. Suite 1600 is a corner rooftop overlooking the green. Massive room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mindlessmom
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Mindlessmom. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel on a number of occasions. I will of course pass on your kind comments to the team. Stephen's Green Hotel is committed to providing distinctive service both for our leisure and business travellers and again I am pleased to see that we met your requirements on both types of stay. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed on business. A comfortable and handy hotel opposite St Stephen's Green. Big room with all the facilities you need and internet available. Breakfast was good and could be eaten in several different rooms so didn't have to sit with hoards of loud and shrill tourists whilst contemplating the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Godfrog
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Godfrog. I am delighted to hear you found the hotel comfortable and convenient just off Stephen's Green. Again I am glad you found our breakfast set up appealing. We feel it only right that guests' breakfast experience encompass the history and culture of the two restored Georgian Houses offering a relaxed breakfast dining experience. Once again thank you for leaving feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came to Dublin after 10 days of traveling, the last week of which in London. I was very happy to find O'Callaghan on St Steven's Green. It was easy to get to from the airport and a very nice room in the new building was ready for me at check-in. Victoria was very helpful getting me settled in, getting my WiFi connected and with city directions. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of all the places I was interested in (I am an avid walker, Hueston train station was a 30 minute walk, Temple Bar about 10-12 minutes). The room was large the shower and bath supplies plentiful. Air temperature was easy to control. The restaurant was convenient, but the menu limited (I had to go out for fish and chips, but Victoria pointed me to a perfect spot that she frequented). The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, it was exactly what I needed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for leaving a review Cornuman. I am delighted to hear Stephen's Green Hotel served a little oasis following your lengthy travels in London. I will pass your kind comments onto Victoria and the team as a whole. We acknowledge Fish & Chips not being on the menu is unacceptable so we will be bringing this back very soon. Nonetheless I am glad Victoria was able to point you in the right direction. We hope to see you back in Dublin soon and once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well we had just finished shopping in Grafton Street and wandered towards the park (Stephens Green) We saw this modern hotel frontage with a bar to the side. We decided we didn't want to face the crush of the restaurants in the main areas and gave it a try. The service was good and friendly. The food good and not too expensive. The Knickerbocker Glory was lovely and I was told the ice cream was home made. My advice, give it a try, you'd be surprised.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Liz M. I am delighted to hear you considered the Stephen's Green Hotel for a bite to eat after a day's shopping in town. We only use the freshest ingredients in our menus and yes the Knickerbocker Glory is made from our signature homemade ice cream. I am also happy to hear you received attentive and friendly service which many of our guests have come to expect from the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when you are back up in Dublin.