“In desperate need of refurbishment”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here on business for just one night - thank goodness !
Room was adequate but dreadfully "tired" and dusty.
Bar and Restaurant areas were pretty awful and everything felt as though it need a thorough
cleaning - tables and floors.
Breakfast for a supposedly 4 Star Hotel was dreadful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Leight F. I am disappointed to hear you were displeased with the hotel during your stay. Please accept my apologies for any shortcomings on our part. At Stephen's Green Hotel we pride ourselves on upholding highest standards in cleanliness and providing exceptional service and it is regrettable this was evident during your stay. I am eager to discuss the issues raised in your review as only with both positive and constructive feedback can we make the necessary changes to meet our guests' expectations. Once again thank you for leaving a review and I am confident that the issues highlighted can be easily remedied.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location of this hotel is immaculate especially that it is not a very expensive hotel. The rooms are very spacious and immaculately maintained. The hotel restaurant is very good value indeed although breakfast could be a little more imaginative. I would also like to thank Juan who extended our stay when room availability was a problem and Victoria for making my son smile on various occasions. PS: I also had a medical emergency at 2:00 am and the night staff were awesome. I am sorry I did not get his name but it happened in the morning of July 30th. Whoever you are, a million thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are noise-sensitive.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Karim Samer M. I am delighted to hear you found your room spacious and the hotel immaculate overall. Whilst it is never good to hear a guest had to deal with a medical emergency, I'm glad our team were of assistance and I will be sharing your gratitude with the team. Equally I will be speaking with both Victoria and Juan. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

All hotel staff from managers to reception and bar staff were amazing and friendly with outstanding knowledge of the city. Would I stay on another visit? 100% yes. Location fantastic walking distance to all shops bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Doofette. I am delighted to hear you found the team amazing and rich in knowledge about the city. I will be sharing your kind comments with the team. It is also great to receive such a resounding endorsement of the hotel and its location and we hope to see you on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Recently spent a week in Dublin and stayed at O'Callaghan's. This is a nice 2nd tier hotel. Clean comfortable rooms and a nice breakfast and bar. It is, however, in a top rate location and a much better value than other hotels around Stephen's Green.

I would definitely return on my next visit to Dublin.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review DougBomberger. I am delighted to hear you found the hotel clean and comfortable offering better value than the other hotels around Stephen's Green. Similarly it is positive to hear you had a nice breakfast to start your day. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have just come back from a tour of Ireland and stayed at the Stephen's Green Hotel for three nights. The location was excellent being just a short walk to many amenities. The staff were awesome and very accommodating going out of their way to ensure that our stay was first class. Victoria and Juan are the two members of staff we had most contact with and they are a credit to your hotel. We were part of a group and everyone was happy with the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was excellent with a good range of cooked or continental cuisine. The bar staff were excellent and were very attentive.
This was an excellent stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has the opportunity to stay in Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review David M. I am delighted to hear you found all aspects of the hotel excellent from the service to breakfast. Our team is committed to proving distinguished service for all our guests. I will be sharing your kind comments with the team but Juan and Victoria in particular. Equally it is great to hear you found breakfast excellent as this has been an area of focus following historical guest reviews. I trust you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should you be returning to Dublin.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

O'Callaghan's is in the perfect location! It's a short walk to the park, restaurants and bars and of course Grafton Street. Rooms are clean and have US outlets in addition to Irish and German outlets for charging everything overnight. Front desk staff wonderful. Friendly and helpful, especially Victoria, who recommended tours and made reservations for us.

Will definitely stay here when i go back. It has everything your need from a nice too, restaurant, bar and perfect location.

Room Tip: don't get a room at the end of the hall unless you want to hear the housecleaning staff banging...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review StephieO214. It is great to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and that you found the front desk staff wonderful. I will be sharing your comments with the team and in particular with Victoria. I am sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by housekeeping opening/closing doors first thing in the morning; this should not have been the case. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back should you be returning to Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over several years. You can't beat the location and the staff - they're wonderful and so accommodating. The breakfast is very nice. Two things that need to change that would bring this hotel closer to a 5 star for me - a fridge/minibar in the room. Sorry but what hotel room doesn' t have one???? Also the chair has to be the most uncomfortable I have ever had in a hotel room and I stay in hotels about 100 nights a year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face onto the main streets for less noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Val B

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Val B. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and found the location and staff wonderful. As you rightly pointed out we currently do not have fridges in our standard rooms but we can keep items refrigerated for guests during their time in the hotel. This said, we will explore the option of having mini fridges in our rooms so thank you for raising this issue. Equally we have some planned works to public areas of the hotel in the near future and as part of this process I will certainly review the chairs in the bedrooms. Thank you for your honest feedback and I'm confident we can adequately address the required tweaks mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the near future.