“Completely Satisfied”

Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Completely Satisfied”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had the pleasure  of staying  at this hotel  for the second time recently, travelling to Dublin on business my stay this time was for three nights.
Having experienced a thoroughly satisfying stay earlier in the year, I decided to re-book and can confirm another thoroughly satisfying stay.  I emailed Juan prior to my arrival to request a quiet room and one suitable to work in.  Juan more than accommodated my request and I was afforded an excellent room befitting the purpose, offering a decent sized desk and great wifi. I echo other reviews in terms of the service from everyone of the staff I encountered, excellent customer service the Hotel should be pround of.  Location is brilliant. I ate in the hotel two evenings and was fully satisfied, that said , the menu is not extensive, and a few more healthy options would be welcomed.  No complaints re: breakfast, every morning due to the nature of my stay I elected for room service, and again was accommodated with requests for food that was not an option on the
menu.  It was unfortunate that the hotel wasn't available on a previous visit , so I stayed at
Camden Court and Hilton Charlemont, neither of which did I prefer more than this hotel, in terms of
location and service.  I have rebooked o'Callaghans for next business trip and look forward to my
return. I am female travelling alone and I feel comfortable and secure in staying at this Hotel.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DebRags
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review DebRags. I am delighted to hear you had a positive stay with us on a number of occasions. We feel that the hotel caters for both business and leisure guests alike and our location lends itself to easy access both to the city's highlights but also local businesses and offices via the LUAS or within walking distance. I will of course be sharing your kind comments with Juan and we look forward to welcoming you back to Stephen's Green Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards, Paul C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Tallong, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice - 29/5/14 to 31/5/14 and on our return from an Irish holiday 4/6/14 to 6/6/14.It was a lovely stay and we could not find fault with it at all. Close to shops and restaurants and as an added bonus, a lovely park across the road.
The staff were very pleasant and had no hesitation in holding some of our luggage until we returned from travelling around Ireland. Unlike the hotel we stayed at in London (Copthorne Tara in Kensington) who wanted to charge us 2 pounds per day per item.

Would definitely stay there again should we have the chance to return to Ireland. We cannot speak highly enough about the staff - very helpful in all regards.

Room Tip: We left it to the staff to allocate our room and on both occasions we were happy with the room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Tony M. I am delighted to hear you found the location amenable and our team friendly and courteous. I trust you had a n enjoyable staying during your time in Ireland and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the future. I will of course be sharing your kind words with the team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Pretty standard in every way, if you're in town for business or leisure then you'd appreciate this hotel. The breakfast buffet was good.

My only gripe is that room service stops pretty early around 9.00pm which as a business traveller arriving at 9.30pm I found a little odd and a bit disappointing. That said, the bar turned a plate of food and a pint of Guinness around for me in no time so I didn't go to bed hungry.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GrumpyTravelerMan
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review MADB1978. I am glad that you found the hotel overall to be acceptable and in particular the breakfast option. I am disappointed to hear that you had issues with room service. We provide our standard menu in both our outlets and room service until 10pm and thereafter a limited night menu is available for room service throughout the night. I understand that the information in our hotel guest directory in your room was incorrect and this has since been rectified. Please accept my apologies for this oversight. We look forward to seeing back in Dublin soon should it be for business or pleasure.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with a couple of friends when we were visiting Dublin on a work course. It was conveniently located across the road from our office so we didn't have to go far, and no reason to get lost! The service by the hotel staff was great and they were very helpful. The shops and restaurants are less than a 10 minute walk away, so a really central location.

There is a lovely bar/restaurant just off the lobby which had great food. Breakfast also had pretty much anything that you would have at breakfast, so definately not stuck for choice. The room was large and very comfortable, the bed was big enough to sleep about 4 of me!

The only down side I would have to say was that there wasn't a mini bar in the room, which for a hotel of this standard there usually is. That is just being picky and not a huge deal for me personally, more of an observation. Had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again if I ever find myself in Dublin.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Megan T. I am delighted to hear you found the overall service great at the hotel. It is also great to hear you had the opportunity to sample our food both at breakfast and in the bar. Regrettably we do not provide mini bars as standard in our bedroom but I will certainly take your observation under consideration. We hope to see you back at the Stephen's Green Hotel soon. Once again thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a two night stay in O'Callaghan's on the Green Aug. 14th to 16th. Lovely spacious room with well appointed bathroom, all cleaned to the highest standard. King sized bed was very comfortable with whitest of white linen. The breakfast was certainly better than average, served in a bright glass sunroom with a generous view of the street/green..a haven for people watchers.
All interactions with staff were professional and informative, welcoming and competent. There were 3 drawbacks;- 1.The price of the pint was 40 cents dearer than the competition and so the bar was empty! Other bars on the Green were packed. 2. Parking is outsourced to Q-park and costs 17.50 per 24 hours at best. 3. Street noise and gulls might interfere with some people's sleep pattern.
Nevertheless, I will be delighted to return.

Room Tip: Street rooms may be noisy
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review ConneryIreland. I am delighted to hear you found your room spacious and cleaned to a high standard. Equally I am happy to hear that tour team was professional and courteous in all dealings. I would also like to acknowledge the 3 drawbacks outlined and thank you for this feedback I will certainly review our beverage pricing so as to be competitive to surrounding hotels. Regrettably as with many hotel operators in prominent city locations, we recommend the use of private car park operators but we have negotiated a rate of €17.50 which is greatly reduced compared to the normal tariff. Once again thank you for leaving feedback and it is only with both positive and constructive feedback can we make improvement to benefit future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stephen’s Green Hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Juan the Duty Manager was an absolutel fantastic host! He made myself and my partner feel welcome from the moment we entered the hotel and throughout our overnighy stay. Taking care of the customer sometimes sounds cliché but Juan made me and my partner feel genuinely valued and you could tell he really loves what he does! An absolute credit to the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Gerald M. I am delighted you had such a positive stay in the hotel. I will of course be passing your kind comments on to my colleague Juan and I know your feedback will be greatly received. We hope to see you again in the Stephen's Green Hotel in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent hotel with very friendly staff. They were able to let us check into a fantastic huge and comfy room early and also held onto our bags after check out. They were very helpful in directing us to attractions and things to do in the city. Great location central but away from the noise so is peaceful and got excellent sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Sarah T. I am delighted to hear we were able to accommodate an early check in. We boost some of the most spacious rooms in Dublin so I am glad we were able to provide you with a huge room during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the future. Once again thank you for the positive feedback.