“Couldn't be better”

Ranked #25 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reno
“Couldn't be better”
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I could write a book but I'll refrain. I travel internationally 12 to 16 times a year all over the world. The Dylan is the best hotel experience I've ever had. Great facility, superb service. We were upgraded one room level, had a great view, everyone we dealt with was helpful beyond cause. The room and amenities were excellent, and the bed was the best I've slept in at any hotel anywhere.

Great location, away from all the noise and mayhem, but close enough to walk to Grafton, Temple Bar, all the great sites.

Doesn't get better than the Dylan and I'll never stay anywhere else when I travel to Dublin.

• Liked — Exceptional service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank RenoSongman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Having read the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, and needing a place to stay in Dublin overnight, I decided to book a stay at the Dylan Hotel. Suffice it to say, I wasn't disappointed!

The hotel itself is very stylishly decorated and each room is different, with its own quirky decor and nice little touches like heated flooring in the bathroom & under-bed lighting. There's a great sense of fun about the place too, with a 'Karma Sutra Kit' as part of the mini-bar offerings and a 'movie menu' with popcorn & ice cream etc.

My room was a little small and had no view to speak of, but I had a pleasant night's sleep and very much enjoyed the ultra-comfy bed! Some of the room service options and mini-bar drinks were on the expensive side, but I was willing to overlook that for the hotels' stand-out feature: the service.

I was warmly welcomed by the hotel manager on arrival, and all my requests were met, including an early check-in, which was very much appreciated!

The location is also very good, being a short walk from the city centre, in a very pleasant part of Dublin.

Overall, I would highly recommend a stay here. As a business traveller, I have stayed in countless bland chain hotels, so to check in somewhere like the Dylan made a very welcome change!

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Room size
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 21 January 2008

I stayed at the Dylan for one night, and was bumped up to a bigger room, and treated to amazing service and a fantastic room. I had a drink at the bar at night, and had breakfast in my room in the morning, and both were fantastic. The only slight hitch was when I asked at the front desk how to turn on the heated floors in my bathroom they didn't really know, but I was able to figure it out eventually. Definitely a treat.

• Liked — amazing decor, so so comfy
  • Disliked — not as close to city centre as it could be
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank tefox
Adlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2008

We had 1 nights stay for my husbands birthday. We really enjoyed it , the food, the room everything was perfect. Will return

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank boltotraveller
Dorset
Reviewed 16 January 2008

We only had one night at this fantastic hotel, and chose it because of the positive reviews on this site. It is absolutely fabulous, the staff are so very friendly and super efficient. We ate in the hotel restaurant and every course was a delight!

The breakfast seemed rather expensive so we chose to walk down Baggot Street towards St Stephens Green and had a lovely full Irish breakfast in a small cafe.

We will definately be going back, hopefully in the summer when we can use the terrace bar which looked so inviting, even in the pouring rain!

• Liked — Funky hotel and furniture design, friendly efficient service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank farrants
Surrey
Reviewed 8 January 2008

We arrived in the pouring rain and were greeted by a doorman with an umbrella and the warming glow of the candles in the entrance. The moment we walked in we were impressed. Checking in was a breeze and so personal, not like at the Bellagio! The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. We were shown to our room and given guidance on how to operate the IPOD, phone and plasma tv. The room was spacious with easy chairs and a table. (Excellent choice of magazines available) The walk in wardrobe was fully equipped with a powerful hairdryer, shoe cleaning kit, slippers and huge, fluffy dressing gowns, even an umbrella for those ever present showers! The bathroom was a delight. A bath big enough for 2 and an enormous walk in shower. The heated floor is sooooooooo good. All the complementary bathroom accessories were delightful and plentiful. Often towels are rather skimpy - not here, full bath sheets are provided.

We were fortunate to have the room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard but not able to utilise it due to the Dublin rain! Breakfast there would have been great.

The beds are described as seventh heaven and I'm not going to dispute that. It was the most luxourious bed I've ever slept in. The sheets were divine and the pillows perfect. The turn down service is another little special thought, complementary chocolates and bottled water on the bedside tables and a night time verse on your pillow.

Pre-dinner cocktails in the lounge bar are not to be missed - especially the Dylan Special.

We opted for dinner in the Still restuarant on our first night and were delighted with our choice. We ordered the 10 course taster menu, if you go there, DO NOT MISS this experience. The staff were wonderful, fully explaining each course. Dinner was a 3 hour gastronomic delight. If you have the opportunity to pre book, ask for the high backed dining chairs. The sommelier was discreet and suggested excellent wines to complement the dinner perfectly.

The buffet breakfast choice was exceptional and the hot food cooked to order. On our second morning we had room service - EXCELLENT, and plenty of time to enjoy the papers.

Although a brisk 15 minute walk from the centre of Dublin, it's well worth staying a little off the beaten track. Only one small detail overlooked - I do love tea & coffee making facilites in the room. This hotel is an experience and worth every single penny, thank you all, I will definitely be coming back.

• Liked — The unique style, the comfortable bed and wonderful service
  • Disliked — no tea & coffee facilites in the bedroom
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan H
sussex
Reviewed 8 January 2008

After pouring through numerous previous reviews, I felt sure that the Dylan Hotel over New Years would be the perfect choice.

Having stayed at the Radisson SAS on the outskirts of Dublin previously (a wonderful country 5 star hotel). I wanted a change and be right amongst the action.

The disappointment began when I saw the room, it was small with no tea or coffee making facilities. The bathroom was tiny with no bath and absolutely no counter space. There was a sink placed on a slab of granite no bigger than 30cmx30cm!!!

I simply can't work out why so many people rave about this place. The bar was nothing special but the prices certainly were! Bring your wallet at 13 Euros for a cocktail....not made particularly well.

We could not get reservations in the restaurant on any day of our 4 night stay despite being patrons of the hotel which was very irritating.

The most disappointing thing about the hotel was the location! it was no where near the centre of town or St Stephens Green...which meant taxi fares soon mounted up.

Frankly you are paying a LOT of money for average accomodation, probably no breakfast in your rate, a bar so expensive you wont use it and a restaurant you cant get into. Go elsewhere. An EXPENSIVE mistake.

• Liked — The heated tiles in the bathroom were nice
  • Disliked — The lack of space
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple