“Stylish boutique hotel in the heart of the city”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #33 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Dylan Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist who was very attentive and helpful. The public areas of the hotel are small but stylish with modern, contemporary furnishings and decor.
The rooms are of a similar style to the main area of the hotel and are finished to a high quality. The room I stayed in was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. There were nice touches like cupcakes for us on arrival in our room, iPod and docking station with pre-loaded music, and fluffy bathrobes and slippers. We did not experience any street noise and as there are only 44 rooms in this hotel, there was no disturbance from other guests.
We only had breakfast in the hotel restaurant but it was well presented, varied and tasty. The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive in the mornings, which I like! The bar was quiet on the night we were there but they have an extensive selection of spirits etc. and serve good cocktails, at a reasonable price compared to other places in Dublin. I think my Cosmopolitan was about €9.50.
The hotel itself is very central and there are a number of quality bars, restaurants and shops just around the corner, approximately two minutes walk away. So, there are plenty of choices for eating out, socialising etc.
I would recommend this hotel and would certainly go there again when I am visiting Dublin. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJ G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed for two nights over St Patrick's weekend 2013.
The reception was fantastic...............probably one of the most helpful receptionists (Maddison)we have ever experienced anywhere. As a group of friends (not kids) we travel a lot all over the world so do have some experience of what to expect and what is deemed unreasonable.
As a 4-5* hotel we checked before going out in the evening that we were welcome back as residents and that the hotel bar was open all night, especially as it was the most important party weekend in the Irish calender! We could have easily stayed out and spent our monet in any of the other establishments that were open all night that weekend and did so on our second night.
The bar staff literally disappeared around 2am and we were left to our own devises until we finally found someone on reception willing to pour us a drink.............we had left euros on the bar and even waived a wad of 300 euros at the bar security camera showing the fact that we were willing to pay...........but to no avail. Not good service!
We would stay again simply based on our reeptionist and how well she dealt with us but hotels of this standing must realise if they are going to advertise themselves with a high level of service please make certain the staff they employ for the late shift are up to task...........on this occasion both the night porter and nighy duty manager were not up to the job both being absent from their posts.
We stay in Dublin every other year and will be back but only if the Four Seasons is full !!!!

Room Tip: Be nice to reception!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Lobby was small but stylish. Room is similarly stylish -- nice touches as well, like music playing as you walk in and the TV greeting you. I liked that the rooms (at least the few my colleagues and I stayed in) were different from each other -- the exceptions rather than the cookie cutter norms these days.

Didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant or bar here, but it's so close to a number of dining options just around the corner. At the same time, my room was completely quiet -- no problems with noise from the street (it is tucked away on a small road off the main drag) or from the bar. Could have just been the placement of my room.

Can't comment on how much value this was as (a) I was on business and (b) I don't know how much lodging typically costs in Dublin.

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from a room right over the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BayAreaTransplant91
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Pleasant surroundings with attentive staff. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the rooms small but tastefully done out. Great area however take care with your dates when booking. Eye watering escalation of prices to take advantage of large events in Dublin

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zola M
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights during St Patrick's Day weekend. It was fabulous. The little extras like complementary bottled water replaced when used up & heated tiled floor in the bathroom make this hotel worth every penny. The staff were very friendly & the concierge happy to help. It's a more quiet place set off from the main "party" zones, but was close enough to walk to the attractions. Easy taxi rides too, which we preferred when it was cold, windy, & rainy. We actually only ate at the restaurant once, for breakfast but it was excellent. We had a late light dinner in the bar a couple times, & it was yummy with a refined selection. It also seemed pretty family friendly, so we'd stay there again with our kids if we go back to Dublin.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here for two nights, Rooms are nice and cosy, room service is efficient, cocktails are good, witha good spirit selection, dinner in the restaurant is overpriced and extremely small portions. However I would like to point out, I only came into contact with one Irish staff member working in the hotel throughout my stay, and I must say he was about the friendliest staff member we encountered (in the bar), chatted away to us and wasnt too pushy trying to sell us drinks unlike in the restaurant. On the Saturday night arrogant waiter was trying to push cocktails even before we had sat down, he then asked us did we want wine, as I am not a wine drinker and replied 'no' he came across as being extremely condescending and to be honest made us feel extremely uncomfortable... I think its time you hire more 5star staff

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night. Overall i found it fantastic. From check in to checkout the staff could not have been more helpful, actually in fairness even prior to check in, before going to the hotel i had a few queries and found reservations extremely efficient at replying to my emails never waiting for more than a day. the hotel is beautiful and friendly staff - i will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends