“Only place to stay in Dublin !”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #19 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Only place to stay in Dublin !”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have stayed at the Dylan quite a few times on week end breaks and I love it every time! The hotel is in a wonderful location, tucked away off the main street. Madison on the front desk is always welcoming, poised, professional and impeccably dressed. The hotel is clean and stylish and the ideal place to enjoy some afternoon cocktails with friends, the outdoor seating area is also a must in summer months! Overall the hotel and staff are fabulous and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Dublin, business or pleasure - check out the Dylan!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I always look forward to staying at the Dylan. The staff are pleasant and remember me each time I visit. The rooms are all different and offer a high end "boutique" experience.

Added benefit is that the Dylan offers come time rates with a great breakfast.

I highly recommend.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Greenwich, London
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Really great location and beautiful rooms which were super clean.

Great breakfast, if a little pricey.

Nice outside bar with heaters to sit and have a few beers at.

Fast check in and check out.

Limited selection of music on the iPod in the room, but okay if you like Dr Dre :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My partner and I treated ourselves to an overnight stay in the Dylan as we had an appointment beside it the next morning, and I'd always wanted to stay there.

As you enter from the road, the entrance looks so pretty with all the lanterns lit. After checking in and going to our room to get settled in, we went downstairs for cocktails before dinner. The bar is very nice, but the terrace area, in particular is fabulous. After a few delicious cocktails, we went into the restaurant for dinner. The first thing that struck me was was how beautiful the dining room was. Easily the nicest dining room I've seen in a hotel. The lighting was spot on too (which can be a bug bear of mine!). In contrast to the poster one or two reviews below who said there was no music or atmosphere, we had lovely music playing in the background, also while it was midweek, there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Indeed I can't say a lack of table cloth ruined my dining pleasure either! As for the food: it really was amazing. The restaurant here truly is a hidden gem. We tried their food at the Taste of Dublin festival last summer, so we were delighted to find the food in the restaurant was just as delicious as it was then.

After dinner we retired to our room. The room itself was stylish and comfortable. The ipod with pre-loaded music is a lovely feature. I'm raging I never made a note of some of the songs I wanted to download for myself! Again, the mini bar was the best I've ever seen in a hotel: the usual drinks & snacks, but other interesting things also!

Breakast the next morning is a la carte and is served in the restaurant. The room looked completely different again in the morning light, so bright and airy. The restaurant gets the morning sun and the waiter was telling us that in the summer, they open the patio doors and you can sit out on the front terrace to have your breakfast. Unfortunately, while it was sunny, it was very cold, so we couldn't sit out. We both had eggs benedict, which was cooked to perfection. As well as the a la carte, they have the usual buffet fare: cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, etc.

Overall, our stay was throughly enjoyable in the Dylan, we hope to find an excuse to stay here again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emiano
Reviewed 18 April 2013

A charming boutique hotel tucked away near to Ballsbridge. I stay here regularly. The staff are unfailingly courteous and friendly, the rooms stylishly modern. The bar does great cocktails and there is a patio at the front and rear where it is great to sit in the evening. The hotel is conveniently located for local bars and restaurants and central Dublin is a short 10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: As each room has its own individual decor they are all equally good, but try to avoid a room overloo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robin B
Reviewed 12 April 2013

seriously helpful staff, great cocktails and eclectic style. discreet location,in upmarket part of town with great local bars yet near enough to walk into city centre (the nice way past georgian squares) but near Dublin 4 for Aviva stadium.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sunworshipperDublin
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

It's been a long time sine I've been inside this hotel. The decor has been beautifully updated but the soul is gone. This was a fantastic spot for drinks and food. Now it seems to have zero atmosphere and the food is well substandard. I was really looking forward to this meal but the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. No table linens, no music, no vibe and tasteless plates. Considering treating yourself? Go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013