“Went the extra mile”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

A colleague had booked me in for a Monday night - I arrived at 8pm to find that the booking was apparently for Wednesday and they were fully booked on the Monday. I was given a complementary drink and asked to wait whilst they tried to sort something out or find an alternative hotel in the neighbourhood. After 15 minutes a room had been found (as long as I could vacate it early the following morning, which suited me fine) and I was checked in, with the offer of another drink for the inconvenience.

The room itself was lovely - spacious, clean and comfortable. The only issue was that the picture on the TV was rather dark but I didn't want to watch anything other than the news headlines. There are a range of restaurants just around the corner of varying cuisines and prices - traditional, Mexican, Malaysian, a diner, pubs etc - and the hotel restaurant menu looks pretty good as well. Had breakfast on the sunlit terrace in the morning - really good choice, well presented and served quickly and efficiently.

This was my second stay at the Dylan and I will be returning to Dublin fairly frequently, so I will make it my destination of choice when I am next there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Skelligman
There are newer reviews for Dylan Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a great hotel and perfect for a luxurious relaxing stay. The rooms are lovely and the bed is very comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly, professional and very helpful. Anything I needed or asked for was provided with speed and ease.
We had breakfast included which was delicious.
My friends and I were staying at the hotel as they had just got married and were holding the evening party in the bar area. The hotel staff couldn't do enough for my friends and were extremely generous.
Try the non alcoholic strawberry mojito it's wonderful.

I would highly recommend this hotel! I'm being a bit picky but the only small issue I have is that I would advise the hotel to provide better pillows in the room. It's only a tiny gripe though and didn't spoil my stay one bit. During my stay the night reception staff were extremely helpful and very kind. I am using a crutches at the moment and they did everything possible to make me comfortable and my stay stress free.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

To celebrate a recent special occasion, we decided to treat ourselves to an overnight stay in the Dylan Hotel, on a recommedation from a friend. It truly was a wonderful stay... could not fault it from arrival to departure.

After our warm welcome at reception, we made a our way to our super stylish room, which was spotless. It was a beautiful summer's evening so we decided to have a few drinks on the terrace, which is just off the bar. It really is a great space to sit and enjoy some sun with a few delicious cocktails! We had a dinner reservation, so we made our way into the restaurant where we had an absolutely AMAZING meal.

After a lovely night's sleep in our very confortable bed, breakfast was a real treat as we got to have it on the front the terrace, which is just off the restaurant. It's a real suntrap there, catching the morning sun. Again the food was delicious and the service was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LadyLough
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed on a Thursday as we were attending a function in town. Despite the fact that we arrived quite early..we had no issues checking in...no questions...everything was smooth.
Receptionist was friendly but not overly so. This is by no means a criticism .....sometimes, specially in 5* hotels, the welcome appears to be...fake.
She was nice, explained everything... etc. remained professional.
Room was amazing. Quiet. Very clean. Beautiful bathroom. Funky phones. Lovely fluffy towels. Soft linen.
Had lunch in the very busy bar. Food was great. Portions larger than I expected. Food was exactly as the menu said it was going to be. Service...what you would expect from a 5*.We spoke about the weather with our server. We spoke about Dublin. He was nice, once again professional and friendly, but not overly so.
We did not have dinner in the Hotel but had a drink at night in the bar when we came back. Waitress was very knowledgeable...recommended an specific gin and a variation to the Classic Cosmo...we really enjoyed the relaxing drink in their Terrace. The Passion Fruit Cosmo was absolutely amazing.... Drinks also came with nibbles...which I loved.
Bed was as comfortable as they come.
Breakfast was amazing. A la carte. Large portions once again. I can recommend without hesitation their eggs Benedictine. Beautiful.
It is not in Dublin city centre but it is well worth the little walk.
It has personality. It has character. It is has not got the chain feeling....Nothing against the Chain ethos but I prefer the personable touches. I will go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank casablanca2
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I arrived Dublin on an overnight flight the morning of Mon 3 June,2013.
Although my room as not available Colin Brown had another where I could shower and sleep a couple of hours.
The staff were excellent and all were most helpful throughout.
Colin led the charge taking care of any details and following up.
I spent my last 2 nights on the west coast before departing Shannon. Colin made these arrangements as he had worked at several inns in the area.
I would highly recommend the Dylan for business or leisure.
SBM ( Sun 9 June)

Room Tip: Room 305 is excellent. Colin Brown and the other Staff members are outstanding. Colin is a leader...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Samuel M
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our first stay at the Dylan and will definitely return. The service was warm. friendly and response times super quick. We booked a twin room and ended up third floor with a balcony. Spacious, stylish and excellent value. A lot of attention to detail - from the Ren goodies in the bathroom, to the turndown service and just general touches which lifted the experience above the norm. The beds were super comfy and the rooms were quiet and airy. However, we think this may have been the location on the top floor at the rear. Could be noisy in rooms above the bar? It's clear the emphasis is on top notch customer service - which they achieve. Can highly recommend!

Room Tip: Go for the third floor - and ask for a room at the back with balcony
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I just returned from a stay at the Dylan. I want to return to Dublin and can't imagine staying anywhere else! First of all, it is centrally located but on a quiet side street so that the noise of downtown Dublin never disturbs! The staff are amazing and unbelievably enthusiastically helpful! The Dylan, itself, is a beautiful property, ultra modern but with warm touches so as to avoid looking too cold. We never got tired of looking around at the décor and imagining some of the touches transported to our own homes. There were bowls of tropical flowers, such as orchids, everywhere in the public areas which had many, many places to sit with intimate upholstered chair and sofa groupings. The rooms are huge and beautiful! The food was superb. The extensive bar, which includes a hip drink menu also has an extensive food menu if you don't feel like a full meal for dinner. The bar is clearly a place for professional Dubliners to meet for drinks. On the first floor, there was also a beautiful drawing room/library with a fireplace where you can have a quiet coffee and read the paper or meet with friends. You simply can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: Room 305 is the largest room. It's on a corner of the building. Very bright and, of course, beau...
1  Thank Michelle H