“2 nights in Dublin at the Dylan”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Solihull
“2 nights in Dublin at the Dylan”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Dylan was a superbly stylish hotel. The bed was DIVINE!!! i can honestly say that it was probably one of the best beds I have had the pleasure of sleeping on!! like a cloud!
The room was very chic. The common parts are similar. The bar was funky and fun. The hotel is in a nice residential part of Dublin about 25 minutes walk to the main centre. We walked along the canal, ate in tons of good restaurants and also -it was easy to eat breakfast in local coffee shops. We'd not gone for the bed and breakfast option

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Idahobungalo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

It can be difficult to find a place to stay when basing choices on reviews, location, price, etc. We had a short stop over in Dublin for a night, but still wanted something decent. I can't say how convenient the location was since we were only there for a night and didn't venture too far away.

As for the hotel...the reception area was nice and clean, with attentive and friendly employees. We hit the elevator (which was padded, we joked that it resembled a mental patients room) As we got to our floor, I wasn't sure what to expect because the decor in the hall reminded me sort of a sleazy Vegas hotel. Some people may like the deep red and black, but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the hotel. We got to our room and we were absolutely taken back. The room was SPOTLESS and tastefully decorated! No odd smells...clean sheets, clean bathroom and we even got a balcony! Great closet space to put our suitcases. There was a mini bar stocked with goodies too. They had some nice chill music playing from an iPod plugged in. That absolutely set the mood for the rest of the evening! We had drinks and a snack at the bar. The bartenders were all friendly and talkative, which was fun to hear what they were up to.

If you have a car, parking is on the street. You have to pay by the hour and it is free sometime after 6 or 7 PM. We also ate dinner at Paulie's Pizza (about a 15 min walk from hotel). It was great, but VERY small, so be prepared to be quite close to others.

We would absolutely stay in the Dylan Hotel again if we ever pass through Dublin again.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a nice modern hotel in a good location close to the city centre. Rooms are very well decorated with some nice touches. In general I would have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful however I did feel that the those serving breakfast's appeared to be a little bit disorganised. On a similar note I felt that some of the bar staff gave the impression that they were working their first night as barmen. Breakfast was nice without being exceptional.

1 Thank Munster-FanCork
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

The suite we had was comfortable with nice furnishings. 2 minor issues, firstly the sink in the bathroom is located behind the door making it tight to get in and out and second the TV picture quality was poor ( nowhere near HD).
Staff at the front desk and restaurant were helpful.
The breakfast was adequate without being sumptuous. Overcooked bacon and black pudding not good!
The hotel is located in a quiet part of Dublin 4 not far from Baggot Street and St Stephen's Green (20 min walk).
Overall a pleasant place to stay but not exceptional in terms of a five star hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank VeruMontanum
Boonsboro, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It's a cool place they are extremely helpful with novices to Europe. One thing that really bugged me though is that they claim to have memory foam mattresses.They don't. One of the reasons I picked the Dylan was I was going to get a mattress like I have at home. I didn't and after a week I needed 2 P.T. appts. to fix my back. Also upon leaving the Dylan READ your bill I found a $ 206.00 (US) error which they corrected immediately once I contacted AMEX. When I inquired with the front desk staff about what I termed a ghost charge they couldn't answer me.
So, when you arrive at the Dylan pull back the sheets inspect the mattress. My advice trust but verify.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter G
Dundalk
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Dylan for first time on a Thursday in June. We were with freinds. We started in the bar and had lovely drinks very well prepared and then we moved out to courtyard which is a lovely space. We unfortunately didn't have dinner there but next morning the breakfast was very good. The room was very well equipped and the bed was excellent. We paid €220 which I thought was a fair price for the room. I would definitely go back as the staff are great and nothing is a problem.

• Stayed June 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 July 2013

At first I was a little surprised by its location upon arrival in Dublin for the first time, but after navigating around the city a little more I learned (thanks to the Hotel Dylan concierge) that it is only 6~8 mins easy walk from Hotel Dylan to the No. 6 stop of city's "hop-on-hop-off" bus tour. I would walk to the bus stop in the morning (EUR24 for two-day pass) and take the hop-on-hop-off to all tourist attractions I would like to visit. If I get tired of walking, I would stay on the bus for sight seeing. Very convenient.

Other than the distance not in the middle of the city center, Hotel Dylan is almost perfect to my likes. Great breakfast selection (its Irish breakfast is good for two meals~ and I could skip lunch if I like), very friendly and helpful concierge services.

There is also a bus stop 2 mins away from the hotel that I could take into the city center (Bus No. 39 or Bus No. 39A) to hang out - I felt like a local after spending 2 days in Dublin~!

Room Tip: I liked my corner room selected by the hotel for me. On the top floor in the corner (Room 322). Quie...