“Comfortable and character”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #33 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A comfortable and well designed boutique hotel, excellent food - the breakfast kippers are really a treat. Service seems to get mixed reviews and having been woken by room service at 1.15 am, presumably with someone else's order and having breakfast arrive just before i had to go, this rings true, equally very helpful in other ways. Preferring some character to another chairn hotel, I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AZandDZ
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I booked this via Mr & Mrs Smith as we were given vouchers for our birthday. We arrived on a high after a wedding in Wexford and were not at all disappointed. The room was gorgeous, quirky and big - felt like we were in a suite! The staff were very attentive and we were never left waiting to be served at reception, the bar or the restaurant. Bar and restaurant food great and cocktails too! Great location for the City centre as only a 20 minute walk. Highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with my wife on an bed, dinner and breakfast special. Hotel itself is very nice, room was great too and the bed was lovely and comfortable. Only issue with the hotel is the bad service and it's far from 5 star in this regard. Ordered a martini with olives and the waiter dropped it down without olives stating that they had none and would that be ok? Bear in mind he had already had the drink mixed up under the pretense that I would accept it! I told him no - he seemed a bit perplexed by my response and reluctantly took it away. The other thing was the food in the restaurant which was far from perfect. We were given the wrong menus to start. No wine menu was given either so none was ordered! My venison came out over cooked and after repeatedly reminding the waiter that my wife was celiac he gave her a creme brûlée that was covered in a fine wheat crumb and chocolate sprinkle mix. She would have been violently sick had she eaten it. Overall the service was poor and the food just mediocre at best. I couldn't even bring myself to complain to management about the dessert issue as by then I had had enough and couldn't be bothered raising the issue as I know I'll never be back - that 5 star service you would expect is simply not there.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Day 1 in Dublin
We have just got to the Hotel after a late flight and the service on checking in was very helpful and the Room we have is 4* we just ordered room service and it was fast friendly and hot, so far so good I will let you know more as the weekend goes on, if they keep this service up I will be very happy.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seanread1
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Enjoyed a couple of nights at The Dylan for the rugby at the RDS which meant this was conveniently located. The service was very good, from the front desk to the concierge and my father and I enjoyed the bar and restaurant. The room had two comfy beds and plenty of space but I can't honestly say it was stunning ... potentially it's on the verge of requiring a refresh. I like this hotel but can't shake the nagging feeling that's its a little overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SirElDoctore
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked this hotel for a special weekend in Dublin, it was expensive, the decor was beautiful, our flight was late in arriving, we ordered room service when we arrived , but I have to say the food was awful, I brought this to the attention of the duty Manager in the morning and it was wiped off our bill, also when we returned to our room there was a card of apology and two cup cakes, waiting for us, the prices are high, the breakfast was lovely, the staff were helpful but still need to go that extra mile for the customers as this isn't cheap, our room was lovely and everything worked. I would return to this hotel as it's close to Grafton Street and the shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed here for a very special night and admittedly booked at the last minute so I expected to pay a bit of premium. However having paid over € 300 for one night, including extortionate parking fees.. I was utterly amazed to find my rate didn't include breakfast. Now you can define rip-off whatever you like.. but in this country at these times there is no other way I'm ever going to view this other than a complete rip off. The concierges were arrogantly dismissive of my shock and embarrassment after walking into the breakfast room to be informed of this. The parking fee was the straw that broke the camels back. There's nothing special about this place at all and represents everything that went wrong with the hotel industry in the greed boom. All frills and dressing, no idea of real service and not a clue what value for money means. That doesn't mean cheap.. people who can afford to pay these rates should still seek value for money.

What should have been a nice stay, turned into a very sour experience.. I never thought a Dublin hotel would top The Clarence for sheer arrogance but it comes free in bucket loads if your unlucky enough to stay here. Do yourself a favour, pay a few extra euros and check into the Four Season's or The Shelbourne if you want to treat yourself. Avoid this place at all costs !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple