“Great hotel”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #30 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my first trip to Ireland and staying at the Dylan gave me a very good first impression of the city. It is conveniently located, the staff is warm and friendly, the hotel atmosphere is great. The room is very spacious, the internet bubble worked really well, the decor is great, and there is obvious attention to detail everywhere. I particularly liked the iPod in the room with docking station, which were nice little touches. I highly recommend staying at the Dylan, for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GrainneRoss, General Manager at Dylan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving comments about your stay in Dylan on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful trip to Ireland and that Dylan contributed to this, your comments were extremely nice and I have shared these with all members of our team.

I hope that you choose Dylan again for any return visits to Ireland that you may have.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I attended a function at the Dylan hotel on Sunday 1st February. Service is very poor in many respects but a 20 minute wait for 2 cups of coffee and asking after it with 3 different waiters who each asked if I wanted to order. Seems to be no problem with alcohol based drinks from the bar but coffee or soft drinks meet a long delay. I used the valet parking which was very convenient but car returned covered in bird droppings and not a word of explanation or warning. Unbelievable for a 5 Star hotel, I still cannot believe it, where was the car parked by the valet service? Abysmal really.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mike_doherty

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for providing your feedback on your recent visit to Dylan.

I am sorry that you felt the service was slow during your recent visit to Dylan. I personally oversaw all Food and Beverage Operations on Saturday 1st of February, including the function you were attending. Having investigated this matter with the staff who took your order, there was a large group in our restaurant who were being served coffee just before your order was put through. Each coffee is served at Dylan is freshly grounded at the time of order; this would have led to a delay in your service time. I do apologise that you were not informed by the member of staff serving you.

With regards to your comments on the valet parking service you received at Dylan, upon arrival to the hotel, the Concierge on duty recalls parking your car. Our car park has four covered spaces, the rest are open air. Having reviewed the cameras for any out of ordinary activity around your car, I am afraid that nothing was found. I would love to discuss your comments with you in person, please feel free to contact me on grainneross@dylan.ie so we can arrange a suitable time to talk.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Best hotel I have had the pleasure of staying in. Could not fault a thing. I got engaged in this hotel which served to be the perfect setting. Every part of our stay was made more memorable by the quality of the Hotel. They had got every detail right.
I have recommended the Dylan to everyone I know travelling to Dublin. The food was also perfect.

Could not recommend enough

Room Tip: All rooms are unique. Beautiful hotel , perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your review about Dylan Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read you had a wonderful experience with us; your comments are very much appreciated. I am happy that you are recommending us to everyone travelling to Dublin. It is comments like this that make us very proud with the level of service we deliver at Dylan and we are delighted to have made your very special day memorable. I do hope that you may consider us for your wedding venue in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

For the first time we visit Dylan hotel in Dublin,and just to say thanks to my sister and all the staff at Dylan hotel for the warn welcome,professionalism and outstanding work during the stay.we recommended Dylan hotel to everyone who wants to enjoy life.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Adelio F
GrainneRoss, General Manager at Dylan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on your stay at Dylan on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience with us and have passed all your comments on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Another place that's been on my "I've been meaning to" list for years, I finally graced its doors for some pre-Christmas cocktails.

Firstly, I needed to leave something at reception for safekeeping, the gentleman there kindly obliged while all the time being extremely polite, addressing me a madam. How nice.

I enjoyed some cocktails with my sister and her friends. It was very comfortable and luxurious. The floor staff were very attentive and very patient too.

The cocktails themselves: I had a Sidecar to start for 12 EUR, it was ok, too sour for my tastes. Next I had one of their own creations called a Southside Fizz, I think, for 9.50 EUR. It was pleasant enough.

I retrieved my property as I leave and I am shown from reception to a waiting taxi outside. I cannot fail the staff here in the Dylan, they are impeccably helpful and polite. I would recommend this as a hotel on their customer service alone.

While the cocktails were fine, I doubt very much I will be back for a drink. I don't mix in the kind of circles that socialise in the bar here. But for the folk who were here in the Dylan bar, they all looked very at home and happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cristin L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Dylan Bar on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you experienced a high level of customer service from all of our Dylan team. They really do go out of their way to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience.

I am happy your group tried some of our award winning cocktails. Our bartending team are encouraged to be creative and bring forward new ideas to enhance our menu. Our cocktail list is regularly changing and we are always open to suggestions.

I am sorry to hear that you may not come back. Here at Dylan we welcome every guest that comes through our door. I know it is simply not possible to delight everyone all of the time, but we always strive to do so. At Dylan we are very lucky to have a very varied profile of regular guest. I hope that you will re-consider & come back. We have a lovely outdoor terrace for summer cocktails.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at the Dylan for a week while in Dublin on business, and I was SO happy with the choice! The staff was very friendly and made the stay very pleasant. Though not located in the main downtown area, it's only a 20 minute or so walk, so I still got plenty of site-seeing in during my trip and still had very restful nights. The breakfast included made-to-order omelets and the smoked salmon option was a delightful treat. Overall, lovely hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted with your comments about our hotel. We do think that we have an ideal location, close enough to the city centre to walk to Grafton Street in 15mins but situated on a quiet, picturesque Victorian residential road.

Thank you for your comments about our tasty breakfast in Dylan Restaurant. We are proud to have both a continental buffet and hot breakfast made to order, as well as more casual bar menu options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dylan in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for New Years Eve and had a wonderful time, it is one of the nicest hotels in Dublin and we couldn't really find fault with anything (other than not being able to stay longer!)
We arrived by car but the parking is Valet only, it is 20 euro per night but this was included in our stay. We were helped to our room with our luggage and spent time getting acquainted with the beautifully appointed room, we stayed in 303. The room was spacious, spotless and very very modern and comfortable. Lovely touches such as locally sourced confections were very welcome, as was the personalised greeting upon arrival in the room. We ate in our room and can recommend the Dylan Burger, fabulous. Drinks in the bar were great with a huge array of cocktails, spirits and beers. We drank far too many cocktails but they were so wonderful we can't really be blamed!
The hotel is pricey but unike other places, in this regard you do get what you pay for and I would recommend the Dylan to anyone interested, a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the location, it can be tricky as it is not signposted.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing your recent experience at Dylan on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

There are two parking options for our guests. The first would be on street parking on either Eastmoreland Place or the adjacent St Mary’s Road. Both roads are pay and display with hours operating between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday on Eastmoreland Place or between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday on St Mary’s Road. The price is €2.90 per hour. However most of our guests take advantage of our valet parking option as there is no meter feeding to worry about and for a full day’s parking, our valet parking service works out financially in their favour.

I am glad that you noticed our “Irish Box of Goodness”; this is full of little treats that are locally sourced from different local artisan suppliers. It has been an extremely popular addition inside our rooms since last summer.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our famous Dylan Burger and can vouch for a wide variety of our cocktails in Dylan Bar. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back to Dylan soon.