“Super service, great food!”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #26 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed here when we went to the rugby and we had our kids with us. Tge hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful. They put 2 roll away beds in our room with no extra charge. We ate in the restaurant €8.50 for starter and €21 for main really good value and the food was great. Breakfast also fab and they couldn't do enough for the kids. Service overall was fantastic & friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014
GrainneRoss, General Manager at Dylan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear FifiOC,
Thank-you very much for your lovely review of your stay at Dylan. I’m delighted to hear you had a fantastic time & that you found all our staff to be welcoming & helpful. I hope we will be welcoming you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Dylan Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stay at the Dylan whenever I have to visit our office on Baggot Street - and they have never failed to impress. The element that stands out the most is the wonderful staff and the service that they offer. No hotel is perfect, so of course issues can crop up occasionally, but it is the way the Dylan deals with any problems that sets them apart. I always feel like a valued guest.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, but the ones overlooking the courtyard can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear MissBorri,
As a regular guest at Dylan, I am so thankful of your very kind words. All our guests are very much appreciated & I am so glad to hear that you feel this. Please don’t ever hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you in the future. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

stayed here for 2 nights last week as a treat for me and the wife.
location isnt the bestt but the service was 5 star.rooms were beautiful, we only had breakfast one morning but the food was very good.No gym on site but that wasnt a big deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerry m

Dear gerry m,
Thank-you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our 5 star service & our stylish guests rooms.
We have a gym in a neighbouring building but on a relaxing weekend away I’m glad to hear this wasn’t a priority.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

stayed here for 2 nights to attend a conference at the four seasons (20 minute walk away)

hotel is very overpriced for what you get. rooms are nice with all the latest technology but nothing really exceptional. the wi-fi broke in my room initially so i had to wait for that to be fixed. i couldn't work the phone at all as its a bit high tech whereas I am not! rooms are quite dark which is irritating at times.

my room overlooked the hotel entrance so anyone walking into the hotel can look into the room. there were no net curtains in addition to the proper curtains to allow daylight in without people being able to see in.

we arrived back one night at around 12 and wanted cocktails from the bar. we were told this was not possible and we could have one drink before the bar closed - not really great service.

at around 300 euros a night this was very overpriced and i would not rush to stay there again.

Room Tip: dont have the room above the hotel entrance as everyone looks in as they walk into the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank No_1_Derbyshire_UK

Dear No_1_Derbyshire_UK,
I am very sorry to hear that we fell short on your expectations.
I am disappointed to hear that the WiFi was not functioning upon your arrival at the hotel. We recently had a new system installed which is providing our guests with superior service in their rooms. I hope that our team worked hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
I’m surprised to hear that you felt that the rooms to the front of the hotel were dark.
We offer 24 hour bar service to all our residents, however once our cocktail bartenders leave for the evening it is only standard drinks available from this time.
I would like to speak with you about your stay. If you would like to contact the hotel on 016603000, I would be delighted to speak with you further on your experience.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel was simply excellent. From the moment we arrived the location and building were beautiful and the hotel staff were attentive and beyond friendly. We were offered complimentary valet due to an earlier booking mistake (not even hotels fault)! The room was beautiful and had everything you could need, including an iPod with a great selection of music. Only complaint was a few noisy doors and an ok view from our patio doors. The bathroom was impeccable and shower excellent. Breakfast was beautiful and service throughout was again excellent. The concierge Martin was fantastic and really looked after us, from getting the car and printing theatre tickets- the hotel is lucky to have him!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, 207 was great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Youngbusiness,

Thank-you very much for your lovely review of your stay at Dylan. I’m delighted to hear you had a fantastic time & that you found all our staff to be welcoming & helpful in particular Martin, our Concierge. I hope we will be welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The Dylan hotel ticks all the boxes - although location isn't as central it is well worth the trip. A boutique hotel with all the services (even if they don't have a gym, they offer access to one around the corner free of charge). Very friendly service, great rooms

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Alejandro D

Dear Alejandro D,
Thank-you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service & our stylish guests rooms.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had our wedding reception in the Hotel's Restaurant on Feb, 25th. We couldn't choose better. The food was amazing, staff very professional and all the atmosphere in the Hotel charming and luxurious. The Polish waiter, who served us, was very attentive, but not at all intrusive, definitely top class.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anna S,
Thank-you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had an amazing wedding reception with us. Our restaurant and kitchen team take pride is what they do & your feedback is much appreciated. I have passed your kind words onto Chris who looked after you on your big day.
We hope to welcome you back to Dylan very soon.

Kind Regards,